The iBasso Dongle DAC Thread – DC03 Pro | DC04 Pro | DC06 Pro | DC Elite | ...
Feb 19, 2024 at 6:35 AM Post #721 of 1,141
DC Elite is top notch but just wanted to point out that tuning and synergy / taste is very relevant.
DX300 is too long ago for me to judge but for example D16 which is also a current top notch Ibasso offering is going for a more analogue and comparibly more even tuned approach which I prefer for IEMs like Fei Wan for long term listening.
Just wanted to say there's not necessarily a best of all trades source.
For me DC Elite is one of the most engaging sources and can wake up otherwise relaxed IEMs or can be used for a fun 1 hour session with yet more energetic IEMs.
The Elite can be energetic but mostly with brighter leaning iems. With a more balanced iems, like the Monarch 2 or Twilight, it sounds fantastic. I wouldn't pay as much attention to the Elite's tuning and focus more on the iems. I've sold the u12t and the Mest 2 due to their sharp trebles. No source could help fixing them- not AK SP1k, 2k, Fiio M15s, or a warm ifi Gryphon.
On the other hand, i still have the old Xelento OG which were sharp and bit unpleasant on higher volumes with the dx300 but they sound perfectly smooth with the Elite.
I also have the ie200 and they sound amazing with the Elite but bit too polite in mids with the AK. The Elite injects some extra life in the midrange but it's never sharp or analytical. Its just very dynamic and bit warmish.
I can agree that the source can be used for a final fine tuning but in most cases when an iems have sharper/brighter trebles, the source will not change much, no matter if it's an apple dongle or a dap for 5k.

Feb 19, 2024 at 6:38 AM Post #722 of 1,141
The Elite can be energetic but mostly with brighter leaning iems. With a more balanced iems, like the Monarch 2 or Twilight, it sounds fantastic. I wouldn't pay as much attention to the Elite's tuning and focus more on the iems. I've sold the u12t and the Mest 2 due to their sharp trebles. No source could help fixing them- not AK SP1k, 2k, Fiio M15s, or a warm ifi Gryphon.
On the other hand, i still have the old Xelento OG which were sharp and bit unpleasant on higher volumes with the dx300 but they sound perfectly smooth with the Elite.
I also have the ie200 and they sound amazing with the Elite but bit too polite in mids with the AK. The Elite injects some extra life in the midrange but it's never sharp or analytical. Its just very dynamic and bit warmish.
I can agree that the source can be used for a final fine tuning but in most cases when an iems have sharper/brighter trebles, the source will not change much, no matter if it's an apple dongle or a dap for 5k.
Try out Aroma Fei Wan 😉

Feb 19, 2024 at 6:44 AM Post #723 of 1,141
Dc Elite fixed sharp edges in Tin Hi-fi Panda, now paired with It has become an amazing iem, previously was unlistanable most of the Time on Fiio m15, and Mest 2 with Elite is a magical experience, pretty enthralling one, cosmic in terms of the soundstage, dynamics and so on… :)

Feb 19, 2024 at 6:49 AM Post #724 of 1,141
Try out Aroma Fei Wan 😉
They probably sound great but im sure they would be too bright for me. Ive tried the Jewel and wasnt impressed at all. I prefered the Trailli over the Jewel but i would still pick the Monarch 2 over both- similar technicalities but even better tuning, at least for me :wink:
But in general, im done with BAs/hybrids/tribrids/quadrillionbrids as i just prefer a well implemented single DD. The Softears Twilight do everything ive ever wanted from iems or headphones- best timbre and coherency ive heard, great airy stage and a very physical bass. Its called best single DD on the market for a reason :)

Feb 19, 2024 at 6:52 AM Post #725 of 1,141
All good
Tastes vary and all reports here are anyway only data points for others and in the end everybody must listen for himself.
I for myself like to have some variety to play and test out synergies.
I've had so many IEMs and DAPs but I think for now I am happy with what I have and rest a bit

Feb 19, 2024 at 6:55 AM Post #726 of 1,141
All good
Tastes vary and all reports here are anyway only data points for others and in the end everybody must listen for himself.
I for myself like to have some variety to play and test out synergies.
I've had so many IEMs and DAPs but I think for now I am happy with what I have and rest a bit
Exactly, let everyone decide what is best for him. Enjoy your setups!

Feb 19, 2024 at 9:22 AM Post #727 of 1,141
I find the DC-Elite really excellent on its own (unsurpassed by any other dongle), but with the RA2BFE it becomes something unattainable for other devices I've tried. The notes gain more weight, the music becomes denser, the sound becomes compact without losing anything in terms of detail recovery and extension, finally the soundstage expands even more, becoming truly incredible. Its sound that goes towards more ethereal representation, it suddenly becomes thicker and fuller. Listening to it represents a truly unique experience that all in all doesn't cost too much, especially compared to what it has to offer.

P.S. as soon as I get the new volume knob and the CB19 cable it will be simply perfect.

Feb 19, 2024 at 9:42 AM Post #728 of 1,141
I recently got the Hiby R3 II to use as a small transportable device with DC Elite but not sure if it is placebo or I hear a little bit worse sound coming with this setup when compared to phone/PC. (kind of more enclosed/ smaller stage) I need to do much more plug in/out which is annoying but just wanted to check if anyone is using this setup and what settings are they using in the menus? I didn't see much of the settings to choose from for usb out. Another thing is the volume knob on the hiby is working along with usb out which could indicate it is not a raw data output.

Feb 19, 2024 at 9:48 AM Post #729 of 1,141
I recently got the Hiby R3 II to use as a small transportable device with DC Elite but not sure if it is placebo or I hear a little bit worse sound coming with this setup when compared to phone/PC. (kind of more enclosed/ smaller stage) I need to do much more plug in/out which is annoying but just wanted to check if anyone is using this setup and what settings are they using in the menus? I didn't see much of the settings to choose from for usb out. Another thing is the volume knob on the hiby is working along with usb out which could indicate it is not a raw data output.
As for hearing it worse than connected to the phone, perhaps it is related to the fact that the R3 II is unable to power it sufficiently. I think that in this case the CB19 cable and a small powerbank can easily resolve the situation.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2024 at 6:43 PM Post #730 of 1,141
As for hearing it worse than connected to the phone, perhaps it is related to the fact that the R3 II is unable to power it sufficiently. I think that in this case the CB19 cable and a small powerbank can easily resolve the situation.
How to Connect Dc elite to RA2BFe can u upload a Photo how to do it? I will buy it :))

Feb 20, 2024 at 2:47 AM Post #731 of 1,141
How to Connect Dc elite to RA2BFe can u upload a Photo how to do it? I will buy it :))
The RA2BFE connects to any dongle with 4.4mm balanced output via the cable supplied with it. If you are interested in learning more about the RA2BFE and how it works with dongles, I have opened a specific thread and on the last page I have added the review made by Andy (Donglemadness) relating to the RA2BFE + Prime Dac. I didn't buy the Prime Dac because I wanted to use the RA2BFE with my dongles.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/venture-electronics-ra2bfe-impressions-and-discussion.970702/

Feb 20, 2024 at 2:53 AM Post #732 of 1,141
Thank you very much but I don’t get is as much as I want to, so in a few steps I Connect the dc elite to RA2 via the cable and then Connect Mest via Balanced cable to RA2 and then the main device should be connected to a Pc or is standalone without the need of continuous Power supply? And finally how I set up the gain and volume through dac or with RA2 to avoid burning, damaging my iems :wink:

Feb 20, 2024 at 3:11 AM Post #733 of 1,141
The RA2BFE is designed to work via the powerbank connected to it, it does not need electricity except to charge the powerbank which lasts for more than 20 hours of music. The dongle is connected via a 4.4mm to 4.4mm link cable already included and the iem can be connected to the RA2BFE both balanced (4.4mm) and unbalanced (3.5mm). The RA2BFE is specifically designed for use with iems/headphones and does not need any gain level because it is equipped with a very progressive volume knob, if you are afraid that it will burn your iems this is not possible because before doing so you will have already become deaf. lol
The reason you add an amplifier to the DC-Elite is not to make it sound louder (because it already sounds very loud) but to make it sound better. Just don't overdo it with the volume... the RA2BFE doesn't make the IEMs sound louder... it just makes them sound better. The only thing I recommend (if you buy it) is to get a 4.4mm/4.4mm adapter together with it that adds 25 ohms of impedance to that of the Mest MKII to make them reach 37.5 ohms which is the perfect impedance for the RA2BFE (you can purchase this adapter together with the amplifier because it is always sold by Venture Electroncis on their website).

https://www.veclan.com/engappliance_sel_one?eng_ApplianceVo.eac_id=85

Feb 20, 2024 at 3:22 AM Post #734 of 1,141
Thank you very much for Your kindness and for help now I’m gonna definietly buy me some! :)

Feb 20, 2024 at 3:40 AM Post #735 of 1,141
Which one it will be it shows 3.5 but I need 4.4?

Attachments

• IMG_6752.png
    IMG_6752.png
    597.3 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back