The iBasso D7 "Sidewinder" true 24/196 USB, images first page.
Nov 6, 2011 at 12:12 AM Post #16 of 94

Quote:
That's something to wait for. I hope that iBasso can release something that isn't a complete rip off like the Alo or Fostex offerings are.

Quote:
Hopefully, it will be compliant with portable (Ice Cream Sandwich) Android 4.0-powered devices, like the Galaxy Nexus.

http://developer.android.com/guide/topics/usb/index.html

I'm just hoping somebody somewhere releases something that's cross platform compliant with whatever DAP and computer you choose to use. The only reason I don't get a Fostex or a CLAS is because I can't use it with anything else except an iPod. If they had something that would work with my computer and whatever DAP of whatever platform it was it would be nice. By the way it there anything out there that can bypass the DAC on an android device?

Nov 6, 2011 at 12:37 AM Post #17 of 94
Quote:
I'm just hoping somebody somewhere releases something that's cross platform compliant with whatever DAP and computer you choose to use. The only reason I don't get a Fostex or a CLAS is because I can't use it with anything else except an iPod. If they had something that would work with my computer and whatever DAP of whatever platform it was it would be nice. By the way it there anything out there that can bypass the DAC on an android device?

Very true. That is why I never purchased one either.
Hearing that they are switching from Wolfson to Sabre is very interesting.
I have heard a few Sabre DACs and they sound very very good when implemented well.

Nov 6, 2011 at 12:30 PM Post #18 of 94
That's always bugged me too that the CLAS and HPP1 were strictly ipod only. If they were already pulling the digital information out from the ipod and feeding that into a DAC, wouldn't it just be a "simple" matter to have a usb receiver inside so it would be compatible with a regular computer?

We've seen this... http://www.head-fi.org/t/560757/nokia-usb-on-the-go-support-usb-digital-out-tested-with-fiio-e7
so that's proof that it's doable... different device granted, but still.

Nov 9, 2011 at 3:56 AM Post #19 of 94
Anyone heard anything more about this? How long until release etc?

Nov 9, 2011 at 5:01 AM Post #20 of 94
Never tried a Sabre based DAC in my life... this should be interesting. 
popcorn.gif

Nov 9, 2011 at 2:18 PM Post #21 of 94
I had read that it will be out in a week or two. 

Nov 10, 2011 at 12:09 PM Post #22 of 94
Info from iBasso says a release early december. I e-mailed them and asked.

Nov 12, 2011 at 10:06 PM Post #25 of 94
Another DAC using the Sabre silicon?

Sounds promising, but, as ever, it all comes down to the implementation (see: http://www.head-fi.org/t/559407/review-resonessence-labs-invicta-new-high-end-dac-amp-playback-system)

Nov 13, 2011 at 11:49 AM Post #27 of 94
Will the D7 be portable, or will it be an desktop solution?

If it is portable, I will buy it... kind of looking forward to it :)

Nov 13, 2011 at 12:33 PM Post #28 of 94
It is a portable but it may serve as both, just in a small package. 

Nov 23, 2011 at 3:40 PM Post #30 of 94

I believe it will be released with a reasonable price.Lets wait and see.

I just inquired about the price and details and received this email from iBasso, and my guess it will be priced at ~280 b/t the D6 at 275 and D12 at 285

[size=small] Hi,[/size]
[size=small] Thank you for your email.[/size]
[size=small] The D7 is a USB-DAC, it cant take digital signal from iPods.[/size]
[size=small] The price is btw 200 to 300USD.[/size]
[size=small]  [/size]
[size=small] Sincerely[/size]
[size=small]iBasso Audio[/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back