The "I saw Metallica Live" thread
Nov 19, 2008 at 9:54 PM Post #16 of 38
I saw them 9/7/92 on the GNR/Metallica/Faith No More, and while they were the best part of that tour, that show was still a ridiculous travesty. Moving drumkits, fireworks on stage, stage the WIDTH of a football field.

Nov 20, 2008 at 5:11 AM Post #17 of 38
Summer 1988, Monsters of Rock, Akron, Ohio, Rubber Bowl. They played a brand new song from their upcoming album called "Harvester of Sorrow" and of course, it was awesome because all the rest of the songs were from their first 3 albums.. They played before Dokken, which is kind of hard to fathom now.

-Mason

Nov 21, 2008 at 1:14 AM Post #18 of 38
i saw them more or less at download 2005 in Donnington UK, they were the festival headliner i believe... i got bored after about 20 minutes and wandered away though, even though they were the only band playing at the time... you might be able to guess im not much of a fan really, though they do have a couple good songs.

Anyone who's going to be horrified by that waste should know that i regretted it in the end as i ended up loosing a few pints of blood and passing out, thus missing the last nights noctournal festivities also

Nov 21, 2008 at 5:14 PM Post #20 of 38
Quote:

I took my then 7 year old daughter to see the Reload tour at Giants Stadium. Jerry Cantrell opened for them. It is a happy memory.

I was also at that show. It was the third and last time I saw them. I also saw them the year before at MSG, and before that when they played Lollapalooza.

Nov 23, 2008 at 6:10 AM Post #21 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by captainzoli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I saw them back in 1989 with Queensryche on the Damaged Justice tour. Great show.

I also saw them for that tour. Great show, I was 14
biggrin.gif

Dec 24, 2008 at 3:16 PM Post #22 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by kejar31 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I also saw them for that tour. Great show, I was 14
biggrin.gif

Without a doubt, a great show. Hard to believe that was twenty years ago already and I was 17 at the time. :lol:

Dec 24, 2008 at 3:28 PM Post #23 of 38
I saw them during their first (and so far ONLY) visit to Manila WAAAAAY back in 1993. Everyone in the band still had long hair, the Black Album was the biggest thing in the music world (at least MY music world), and words could not describe my emotions when I heard the machineguns go RATATATATAT in the intro of "One" during their encore....good times.....

METALLICA PLEASE COME BACK TO MANILA!!!!!

Dec 25, 2008 at 6:56 AM Post #24 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I saw them 9/7/92 on the GNR/Metallica/Faith No More, and while they were the best part of that tour, that show was still a ridiculous travesty. Moving drumkits, fireworks on stage, stage the WIDTH of a football field.

Saw the same show in the Metrodome. Faith No More sucked the big one ! GNR and Metallica were decent. Hmmmm the most memorable thing of the whole day was that after the concert IT WAS DOWNPOORING and we had to walk several blocks to the car. That was the BAD part....the GOOD part was that I was with my girlfriend and 2 of her friends, and they decided they no longer wanted to keep their wet shirts on.........NICE !!
biggrin.gif
I wasn't going to stop them...

Dec 25, 2008 at 11:00 AM Post #25 of 38
I saw them earlier this month when they did back-to-back nights in Calgary, Alberta. Great shows! For not being a huge Metallica fan, they definitely surprised the crap out of me. The crowd was extra raucous and the band played a great gig with tons of energy. You can tell when a band and crowed is loving the atmosphere and they feed of each others vibes and the place is just electric. This was definitely one of those nights, or should I say two of those nights.

Dec 25, 2008 at 12:25 PM Post #26 of 38
Queensryche opened for the Justace For All tour at the Longbeach Arena. If anyone out there was there, chime in. Every seatcover was ripped off and thown in the air for 1 hour. What a site to see. Even now you here Queensryche taking about that night on Vh1. They said they were freaked out cuz they did not know what was going to happen next. There was so many black t shirts. There was alot of good metal vibes around. Really, every one was really cool. Some people got killed because of a fall from a high seat or somthing. All and all though it was the greatest show, at the end the statue fell when ropes were being pulled just like the cover. Operation Mindcrime was the opening and that was strong, really strong. They had there own group of fans which were different a little from us. At one point the Metallica fans were demanding to see them and yelling like bar hounds. Maybe that was a little of the energy that freaked Queensryche out. I do not remember all that much because of alot of the booze that we smugged in that was starting to take effect, but i had a sore back from bangin my head along with more people than ever as it was packed full. This was the last arena, real arena show that I have seen in my life. I saw B.O.C. when I was 14 in 1975 at the Long Beach Arena, that was my first arena show. The B.O.C. laser show was great but nothing like that historic night when Metallica rulled SoCal.

Dec 26, 2008 at 12:55 AM Post #28 of 38
Cool. I saw them twice in one summer back in like '84. They played in DC then in Maryland a few weeks later. They were opening for Ozzy. Hetfield had a broken arm from a skateboarding accident, so he was wearing a cast.

Dec 26, 2008 at 1:12 AM Post #29 of 38
Track #9 "Suicide and Redemption" on Death Magnetic is one hell of a jam.
The album is compressed and hot (typical of their later works, as with most current radio artists), which is a shame, because it seems that they have tried to go back to some of their older roots on this album.

Dec 26, 2008 at 8:52 AM Post #30 of 38
Sorry I'm new here, thought we could only talk about concerts.......As were talking wax, does the new 45 rpm sound any better than the new Justice For All 33.3 remaster? I will have to find the original 33.3 that I have, as I do not remember something so thin and compresed? All the other 33.3 remaster Lps rock. Does The Black Album 33.3 smoke or what. Its the best LP of the year for what I hear!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back