The I am greatly sorry thread (Letter of apology from bcasey25raptor)
Aug 6, 2011 at 8:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 44

bcasey25raptor

Aka: Brycon Casey
aka mental patient
aka Enter Darkness
aka Shurefan
aka reaperofaudio
aka everyone knows
aka very funny
Hello my fellow head-fiers. I created this thread because I wanted to say sorry for a few things. The other day I started a thread which some people found offensive. I stated I found products made in China to be of low quality. But I want to say I am greatly sorry if I offended anyone and I will not do it again. I don't want to taint my reputation on this site. After all I love this site and I can't leave. I have tried and I just can't, also I tend to have differing opinions then a lot of you. If you find my differing opinions offending I am sorry.

Also my Shure SRH840 isn't broken. I was listening to music which was very right driver oriented for some reason and I was really upset that night. A friend of mine has been hating me for a few days and I have been in a bad mood. I just want to clear up I love my Shure's and I don't want to taint Shure's reputation due to their killer customer support. Please take this apology seriously and accept me back into this community. I really don't want to be hated or not taken seriously. When I am upset I tend to voice my frustrations in other matters.

So please accept this apology and don't take every thread I have formed in the past to seriously.

Aug 6, 2011 at 9:32 PM Post #3 of 44
No problem here Casey - suspected you'd be back 
wink.gif

If it helps - follow my rule of thumb - before you click submit (on any post) reread the whole post you're about to make, and check to see if there is anything that could be misconstrued etc.  It's a good habit to get into - can save a lot of hassle.  Couple of times I've had to totally rewrite things because although I know what I'm trying to say - the way I'd written it was ambiguous.

Pleased your Shures are back to normal.

Aug 6, 2011 at 9:35 PM Post #4 of 44

Quote:
No problem here Casey - suspected you'd be back 
wink.gif

If it helps - follow my rule of thumb - before you click submit (on any post) reread the whole post you're about to make, and check to see if there is anything that could be misconstrued etc.  It's a good habit to get into - can save a lot of hassle.  Couple of times I've had to totally rewrite things because although I know what I'm trying to say - the way I'd written it was ambiguous.

Pleased your Shures are back to normal.

The deal is I love this community and I really don't want to taint my reputation. This community means a lot to me.

I will take your advise and follow up on it.

Aug 6, 2011 at 9:49 PM Post #6 of 44

Quote:
Here's a leaf out of the Australian way of life.

Take it easy mate.

Thanks, I have always wanted to either go to or move to Australia.

Aug 6, 2011 at 11:04 PM Post #7 of 44
Wonderful examples of humble civility and maturity expressed ~

Misunderstandings and mistakes happen, apologize and move on, having then ourselves in truth, digested the lesson :wink:

Thanx, for the model and reminder ~
Peace~

Aug 7, 2011 at 6:28 PM Post #9 of 44
Welcome back Bcasey!  It would've been a real shame to no longer see you on this site.

Aug 7, 2011 at 6:48 PM Post #10 of 44

Quote:
Hello my fellow head-fiers. I created this thread because I wanted to say sorry for a few things. The other day I started a thread which some people found offensive. I stated I found products made in China to be of low quality. But I want to say I am greatly sorry if I offended anyone and I will not do it again. I don't want to taint my reputation on this site. After all I love this site and I can't leave. I have tried and I just can't, also I tend to have differing opinions then a lot of you. If you find my differing opinions offending I am sorry.

Also my Shure SRH840 isn't broken. I was listening to music which was very right driver oriented for some reason and I was really upset that night. A friend of mine has been hating me for a few days and I have been in a bad mood. I just want to clear up I love my Shure's and I don't want to taint Shure's reputation due to their killer customer support. Please take this apology seriously and accept me back into this community. I really don't want to be hated or not taken seriously. When I am upset I tend to voice my frustrations in other matters.

So please accept this apology and don't take every thread I have formed in the past to seriously.

There is no reason to apologize for this (assuming you expressed your view in a mature manner).  I think the general population (at least where I live) would not argue against the point in bold.  I have friends who come from china and some who still live in china, and thye fill the same way and even make jokes about it.  Poor quality control is poor quality control, you should be free to point out such things, just like if you don't like a headphone it i sbest to say why you don't rather then blindly say how great it is.

Aug 7, 2011 at 7:14 PM Post #11 of 44
^not to get into things,  but that was not the entirety of it and some that came into the thread clearly had taken offense.  It was obviously just an angry post that picked up steam and blew itself out of proportion.

Welcome back, Casey.  Glad to see you didn't actually leave on such a sour note.  It's also good to hear you found out what was wrong before going through the process of  using the warrantying all over again.

Aug 7, 2011 at 7:37 PM Post #12 of 44

Quote:
There is no reason to apologize for this (assuming you expressed your view in a mature manner).  I think the general population (at least where I live) would not argue against the point in bold.  I have friends who come from china and some who still live in china, and thye fill the same way and even make jokes about it.  Poor quality control is poor quality control, you should be free to point out such things, just like if you don't like a headphone it i sbest to say why you don't rather then blindly say how great it is.

True, however there are small Chinese manufacturers who make fantastic quality products and lumping them into the same category is unfair. 

Still though, kudos to the OP for apologizing for such a minor offense. I never apologize for anything, especially not accidentally offending someone due to my opinion. It takes a lot of guts.

Aug 7, 2011 at 7:57 PM Post #13 of 44

Quote:

Well, your Chinese friends are wrong. Just because SOME Chinese factories have poor quality control does not mean ALL Chinese factories have poor quality control. That should be obvious to anybody over five years of age. It's popular to bash Chinese products out of misguided ignorance, fear, elitism, or all three. Just remember in the 1960s and 1970s most Americans thought everything made in Japan was junk. In the 1990s most Americans thought Korean cars were the absolute bottom of the barrel. Look how those views changed.

A less obvious point to those who know nothing about the world is that many Chinese factories build products sold under Western luxury brands with extremely good build quality. Perhaps the biggest example of this is "luxury" apparel. It's almost always made in China, Vietnam, or Malaysia. These factories produce clothes for American and European luxury labels, and also produce clothes for moderate-priced Western brands, and also their own domestic brands. There are many Chinese domestic clothing brands with equal or greater quality to western brands. Compare Li-Ning or Anta to Nike and Adidas. Or MetersBonwe to American Eagle. The quality is the same or better for the Chinese product. Why? Because the same skilled labor pool makes both products. I guess I could use another example and ask if you have a computer? Where do you think those parts were made? Yes, there are a lot of factories making crappy products in China, but there are a lot of factories making great products too.

Unfortunately I see this bias against Chinese products a lot of places on Head-Fi, even from posters who are very smart in one area of their life. I think it's beginning to change though, as more and more Chinese audio companies are emerging. Some of those companies make cheap knock-offs of Western designs, but a lot make their own designs, and a few of these designs are very good.

Aug 7, 2011 at 8:16 PM Post #14 of 44

Quote:
True, however there are small Chinese manufacturers who make fantastic quality products and lumping them into the same category is unfair. 

Still though, kudos to the OP for apologizing for such a minor offense. I never apologize for anything, especially not accidentally offending someone due to my opinion. It takes a lot of guts.

I agree, but as it is the bad overwhelms the good in my experience and whilst it may not be fair to those who do it well such statements are not valid in my opinion (if manufacturing is generally bad in a country I fell it is fair to say that it is bad).

Quote:
Well, your Chinese friends are wrong. Just because SOME Chinese factories have poor quality control does not mean ALL Chinese factories have poor quality control. That should be obvious to anybody over five years of age. It's popular to bash Chinese products out of misguided ignorance, fear, elitism, or all three. Just remember in the 1960s and 1970s most Americans thought everything made in Japan was junk. In the 1990s most Americans thought Korean cars were the absolute bottom of the barrel. Look how those views changed.

A less obvious point to those who know nothing about the world is that many Chinese factories build products sold under Western luxury brands with extremely good build quality. Perhaps the biggest example of this is "luxury" apparel. It's almost always made in China, Vietnam, or Malaysia. These factories produce clothes for American and European luxury labels, and also produce clothes for moderate-priced Western brands, and also their own domestic brands. There are many Chinese domestic clothing brands with equal or greater quality to western brands. Compare Li-Ning or Anta to Nike and Adidas. Or MetersBonwe to American Eagle. The quality is the same or better for the Chinese product. Why? Because the same skilled labor pool makes both products. I guess I could use another example and ask if you have a computer? Where do you think those parts were made? Yes, there are a lot of factories making crappy products in China, but there are a lot of factories making great products too.

Unfortunately I see this bias against Chinese products a lot of places on Head-Fi, even from posters who are very smart in one area of their life. I think it's beginning to change though, as more and more Chinese audio companies are emerging. Some of those companies make cheap knock-offs of Western designs, but a lot make their own designs, and a few of these designs are very good.

I never said all.  But I guess it's okay to have lead in toys for kids right?  I guess it's okay for a market to produce an overwhleming number of shoddy products and still not be allowed to be called out on it in any way?  You make your points in the most spurious manner it actually is kind of funny.  In other words stop presumming and adding to what I have said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back