THE HYPE.............................. Appreciation Thread.
Dec 3, 2013 at 7:45 PM Post #947 of 2,209
  There's a woeful lack of exposure on most things below the $50 poverty line when it comes to the "portable-gear in-crowd" people so whenever they get souped up on something I see it as an exercise in how chance works rather than it being an actual discovery of anything. It's easy to sit in an ivory tower, put on the monocle and marvel at "how far these peons have come".

But the fact of the matter is that there was never such a paradigm in the first place, at least from how they saw it. There have always been "good-sounding" things regardless of price but people will always have to bring it back to the price tag.

When I see people comment on the "state of the budget market" and "giant-beaters" and other instances of "quality must be a function of some other property entrophic situations should not exist" breeded from god-knows-where I help them wipe their rose-tinted glasses and tell to that I'll see the next year in Jerusalem.

And really it's not as hard to bring any random piece of gear into the spotlight as people would think. Primarily a game of chance - you just have to get the right people together at the right time in order to get the hype train going and that says a lot for this thread as well. Rinse-repeat-rinse-repeat.

Buy what you want, as long as it's within your means, that's the last I'll say on the matter.

Good point

I kinda miss being in the Sub $100 market :[ 
  STOP FIGHTING

Dec 3, 2013 at 9:48 PM Post #948 of 2,209
What he Eff happened while I was gone
confused_face(1).gif
? I mean seriously this thread did a complete 900 degree turn and then walked 10 paces and then decided to just give up and go home

Dec 3, 2013 at 9:50 PM Post #949 of 2,209
confused_face(1).gif
? I mean seriously this thread did a complete 900 degree turn and then walked 10 paces and then decided to just give up and go home

Awesome anti-hype thread hype! Perfect :)

Dec 4, 2013 at 1:45 AM Post #950 of 2,209
  STOP FIGHTING

^ MUST......STOP.......................... FIGHTING........................................ SELF!!!
... there was NEVER any love lost meng, dunno whatcha' be reading into/ talkin' about tbh.
blink.gif

Sarcasm meter peps...... CHECK EM'!!!
rolleyes.gif

Good point

I kinda miss being in the Sub $100 market :[ 

^ OKAY.........................

confused_face(1).gif

OK +2........... who said anything about giving up and closing shop??? I was just merely explaining the nature of this thread. LoL It is WHATEVER ya'll want to make of it, there is no set of rules, templates, preconceived notions of what it SHOULD or has to be. Everyone here is welcome to post whatever they want, the more random the better tbh. Nothing serious really and i thought i made it painfully obvious with my response to Twinkies post no???
confused_face.gif

Again sarcasm meter folks!!!
deadhorse.gif

Awesome anti-hype thread hype! Perfect :)

We should really get back to the HYPE or anti-HYPE if that's more your cup of tea...... :)

Dec 4, 2013 at 4:03 AM Post #954 of 2,209
^ Oh boi someone sure is feeling twink_y, or has you been brainwashed by that cat crack freak and wants piece of the @sstion now as well???
very_evil_smiley.gif

... campy much??? Didn't know you swing that way tbh.
triportsad.gif

Now get that 3X posting ish outta' here fool!! <333s

Hey how you liking those schitty H200s of yours??? Hasn't updated us on them yet.

WAYNE will thoroughly agree with ya' that they sucks fo' sho.

You can tell just by how quiet he is about them.
wink.gif

Dec 4, 2013 at 6:35 AM Post #957 of 2,209
  I will hype the schit out of my H200s, I love them to DEATH. I WILL DIE WITH THEM IN MY COLD DEAD HANDS.

Also how the hell do you have so many Milhouse gifs? i love you

Well I'm getting all of the Simpsons Digitally so with a Gif maker, your able to snipt videos into smaller gifs

That said W1000x FTW 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back