THE HYPE.............................. Appreciation Thread.
Nov 10, 2013 at 1:55 AM Post #676 of 2,209
  Borrowing a set of KSC75 on the Sportapro headband and wowza that headband design is simply ingenious.
Coolest design I have ever seen for a portable. Not only that but the KSC75 itself is sure something else.
Hype well deserved on these babies. I could handle a very slight toning down on the highs but no real complaints otherwise. At the $9.99 Amazon price now that is disgusting. Of course $30 for Canadians still here in stores, but we'll get you back with some crazy XSCargo deal i can feel it. You'll see.

This is a small mod I just did up for them to nail a small issue. The metal becomes part of the resonance control obviously since it is partially embedded in the Fatmat ring. Going to add a disc of felt behind the foams and check that out also.  Anyhow this isn't the proper place to post this crud but I am HYPED so that counts and makes it legit for here. I wish I had come across these Koss units at the very beginning. So many modding possibilities.

So far you and I seem to be the only advocates of the Sporta Headband. I find it miles better than the parts express 2 dollar cheapie.

Is that mat metal or plastic?

Nov 10, 2013 at 2:26 AM Post #677 of 2,209
Metal grille there from some brand new still in packaging JBL speakers someone was throwing away haha. Best mesh ever. Thanks JBL!.

I think that Sportapro headband is excellent, as does the owner of these loaners also I am fairly sure. Only gave the parts express thing a brief trail way back. It's what you'd expect.

Nov 10, 2013 at 2:32 AM Post #678 of 2,209
  Metal grille there from some brand new still in packaging JBL speakers someone was throwing away haha. Best mesh ever. Thanks JBL!.

I think that Sportapro headband is excellent, as does the owner of these loaners also I am fairly sure. Only gave the parts express thing a brief trail way back. It's what you'd expect.

I found the PE too flimsy. Plus I like being able to swap the band around the back of my head if need be.

Nov 10, 2013 at 3:08 AM Post #679 of 2,209
This Sporta band the owner drilled the holes in it to lessen the reflections from what I gather.
  Just came across this thought there'd be some massive revelation but it seemed like a gradual slowdown. Suitable for this thread though.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/689679/a-lesson-in-audiophilism-saving-wallets-15-minutes-reading-this-will-save-you-15-or-more#post_9966021
 Prices are ridiculous, and imagine coming in here and seeing oh this new thing I think it will be good if it's only between $700 and $1000.... keeping an outsider's perspective that is loony bin material surprised anyone doesn't get scared off after reading a bit.  Like this oppo thing I mean really that is a LOT of $. There was a post about those new NAD imes and they are going for $169 or something and this guy says " wow i didn't think they would be that CHEAP "  whuut 
confused.gif
  Take a step back and even that approaches nutter territories. We just get numbed and used to it. Well I think this way now anyhow.

Nov 10, 2013 at 3:25 AM Post #680 of 2,209
  This Sporta band the owner drilled the holes in it to lessen the reflections from what I gather.
  Just came across this thought there'd be some massive revelation but it seemed like a gradual slowdown. Suitable for this thread though.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/689679/a-lesson-in-audiophilism-saving-wallets-15-minutes-reading-this-will-save-you-15-or-more#post_9966021
 Prices are ridiculous, and imagine coming in here and seeing oh this new thing I think it will be good if it's only between $700 and $1000.... keeping an outsider's perspective that is loony bin material surprised anyone doesn't get scared off after reading a bit.  Like this oppo thing I mean really that is a LOT of $. There was a post about those new NAD imes and they are going for $169 or something and this guy says " wow i didn't think they would be that CHEAP "  whuut 
confused.gif
  Take a step back and even that approaches nutter territories. We just get numbed and used to it. Well I think this way now anyhow.

Conditioned responses. Lot of work in neuroscience these days to explain how it all works. The marketing hypesters have known for years about price credibility and when it doesn't sell just discount it (Mostro anyone??) The price is now the message. The 1000 dollar credibility rule applies and it becomes a race to try out a 1000 dollar headphone. Or better a 5000 dollar headphone .
Smashmouth said it all in the 90's

It's just like any fad it retracts before impact
And just like fashion it's a passion for the with it and hip
If you got the goods they'll come and buy it just to stay in the clique

So don't delay act now supplies are running out
Allow if you're still alive six to eight years to arrive
And if you follow there may be a tomorrow
But if the offer's shunned you might as well be walkin' on the sun

Sounds great on KSC75's
biggrin.gif

Nov 10, 2013 at 3:42 AM Post #681 of 2,209

Conditioned responses. Lot of work in neuroscience these days to explain how it all works. The marketing hypesters have known for years about price credibility and when it doesn't sell just discount it (Mostro anyone??) The price is now the message. The 1000 dollar credibility rule applies and it becomes a race to try out a 1000 dollar headphone. Or better a 5000 dollar headphone .
Smashmouth said it all in the 90's

It's just like any fad it retracts before impact
And just like fashion it's a passion for the with it and hip
If you got the goods they'll come and buy it just to stay in the clique

So don't delay act now supplies are running out
Allow if you're still alive six to eight years to arrive
And if you follow there may be a tomorrow
But if the offer's shunned you might as well be walkin' on the sun

Sounds great on KSC75's
biggrin.gif

^ Thought your arse really composed a poem for a sec. LMAO

C'mon show me those w/rap skittles of yours!!!
wink.gif

Nov 10, 2013 at 3:48 AM Post #682 of 2,209
  ^ Thought your arse really composed a poem for a sec. LMAO

C'mon show me those w/rap skittles of yours!!!
wink.gif

You got a thousand bucks? If not I might as well sell it to GAGA
biggrin.gif

Nov 10, 2013 at 3:54 AM Post #683 of 2,209
  You got a thousand bucks? If not I might as well sell it to GAGA
biggrin.gif

T'is true t'is true but gaga is gonna milk that 'ish for millions fool, see already know your noob @ss is not bizness savvy. You would be much much better taking royalties meng.

Don't SIGN THOSE 360 DEALS!!!

Advice to all you wrappers.

Nov 10, 2013 at 3:57 AM Post #684 of 2,209

T'is true t'is true but gaga is gonna milk that 'ish for millions fool, see already know your noob @ss is not bizness savvy. You would be much much better taking royalties meng.

Don't SIGN THOSE 360 DEALS!!!

Wouldn't be the first time I've undersold something. Besides she really needs to start recording decent lyrics. Amazing voice completely wasted on the musical equivalent of the Big Mac.

Nov 10, 2013 at 4:10 AM Post #685 of 2,209

Wouldn't be the first time I've undersold something. Besides she really needs to start recording decent lyrics. Amazing voice completely wasted on the musical equivalent of the Big Mac.

Somehow i already suspected you were a gaga fan, figures. You know Canadians and your great taste in musical talents.....

... SWAG, i meant SAG!!!
cool.gif

Why not whore yourself out for cheap to your fellow countrymen meng???
bigsmile_face.gif

Nov 10, 2013 at 4:21 AM Post #686 of 2,209

Somehow i already suspected you were a gaga fan, figures. You know Canadians and your great taste in musical talents.....

... SWAG, i meant SAG!!!
cool.gif

Why not whore yourself out for cheap to your fellow countrymen meng???
bigsmile_face.gif

Keep telling you, we EXPORTED him to you, we don't want him back, ever! Gangsta wannabe in Depends, great image.

I'm actually not a GAGA fan but I would sure like to be. Back when she was just Steph, and trying like hell to make a living her stuff was amazing. Then Advil Visine syndrome set in (used to see her perform at the Indigo Bookstore in Kingston) Hey, go pop, hose together an image and sell bopper rock to the pre menstrual crowd. We wont see the re emergince of real talent there until she hits 35, if she lives that long.

Nov 10, 2013 at 4:45 AM Post #687 of 2,209

Nov 10, 2013 at 6:16 AM Post #688 of 2,209
Sfwalcer.... waynesworld sent me this link to this new review totally hacking the VSD LE's.
talk about ANTI-HYPE
HERE

Nov 10, 2013 at 6:18 PM Post #689 of 2,209

Keep telling you, we EXPORTED him to you, we don't want him back, ever! Gangsta wannabe in Depends, great image.

I'm actually not a GAGA fan but I would sure like to be. Back when she was just Steph, and trying like hell to make a living her stuff was amazing. Then Advil Visine syndrome set in (used to see her perform at the Indigo Bookstore in Kingston) Hey, go pop, hose together an image and sell bopper rock to the pre menstrual crowd. We wont see the re emergince of real talent there until she hits 35, if she lives that long.

^ Nope we're tired of you damn Canadians tossing your trash down here, 1st it was that mofo Drake, now this Twi-Hard gangsta wannabe??? No wait both of these fools are Twi-Hard gangsta wannabes, cept Drake is Brack so he got mo' "street cred." LMAO
rolleyes.gif

^ Best interview EVER!!! That's how ALL of them should be conducted tbh, esp. for Canned punk wannabes.

Sfwalcer.... waynesworld sent me this link to this new review totally hacking the VSD LE's.
talk about ANTI-HYPE
HERE

^ Hmmm that "review" seems awfully familiar, swear i have seen it before. Oh well it's on the "VSD LE's" not the VSD1 LEs so it is not even relevant to me whatsoever. : P

Probably some knockoff Chinese model that sounds like schiit, which isn't surprising tbh. You need to stop searching for bootlegs nick, only legit hype is welcomed here.

Nov 10, 2013 at 7:06 PM Post #690 of 2,209
  ^ Nope we're tired of you damn Canadians tossing your trash down here, 1st it was that mofo Drake, now this Twi-Hard gangsta wannabe??? No wait both of these fools are Twi-Hard gangsta wannabes, cept Drake is Brack so he got mo' "street cred." LMAO
rolleyes.gif

^ Best interview EVER!!! That's how ALL of them should be conducted tbh, esp. for Canned punk wannabes.

^ Hmmm that "review" seems awfully familiar, swear i have seen it before. Oh well it's on the "VSD LE's" not the VSD1 LEs so it is not even relevant to me whatsoever. : P

Probably some knockoff Chinese model that sounds like schiit, which isn't surprising tbh. You need to stop searching for bootlegs nick, only legit hype is welcomed here.

No y'all can  hang on to the trash.

We'll keep the ones like this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back