THE HYPE.............................. Appreciation Thread.
Dec 25, 2014 at 11:28 PM Post #2,176 of 2,209

^
Dood are you slow or are you nuts??? Never mind you are called nutnicks for a reason.
rolleyes.gif

You two homo Canned Land_nutcusses are messin' with my personal tyme with the other "SF" if you knowhatimeng. Sheeeeeesh.
wink.gif

You wish. Like this is ever going to be a dating site
ksc75smile.gif

460 × 358 - trolino.com

Dec 26, 2014 at 3:56 AM Post #2,178 of 2,209
Sf if you are gonna get on dat dating wagon , you better get the dance moves honed to a "t"

Take a tip from a proven winner:

Are you taking notes yet, or at least testing this out.

The hype infection depth in here has slowly become less virulent.
Too busy looking and waiting for the next incremental thing to sit back and take stock of what they have.

Dec 26, 2014 at 1:19 PM Post #2,179 of 2,209

^
Wait woah!!! This isn't a dating site!!!
blink.gif

The hellz am i doing here then, thought this place was infested with smokin' hot single females.
rolleyes.gif

Right back at ya' meng.

Yeah. There all smoking hot supermodels, who just happen to have nothing better to do than hang with a bunch of geeks talking about headphone minutiae:)

Dec 26, 2014 at 2:10 PM Post #2,180 of 2,209
Yeah. There all smoking hot supermodels, who just happen to have nothing better to do than hang with a bunch of geeks talking about headphone minutiae:)

Sounds to me that you have low expectations bias :p

FYI, I was gifted my headphones (hd800) by my father so by such am kind of an accidental audiophile but from what I gather, there are other girl members here even though I guess the majority here are guys, especially judging by your post.

What you maybe should realise is that anyone can be a lover of music regardless of their gender or appearance

Dec 26, 2014 at 3:07 PM Post #2,181 of 2,209
What a fantastic gift! ( HD800 ) !!!!
Do you feel they live up to the "hype"? Anything you like listening to best on those?
 There are a few females, but I think it is because females are generally smarter
redface.gif
and don't get all googly over technicalities and obsess over it. Smart in that I bet females find it easier to just sit back and enjoy the music.
Generalization yes because all people are different, but it's the best I can come up with.
The way it is supposed to be.

thoughts :) ?

Congrats

Dec 26, 2014 at 3:09 PM Post #2,182 of 2,209
  Sf if you are gonna get on dat dating wagon , you better get the dance moves honed to a "t"

Take a tip from a proven winner:

Are you taking notes yet, or at least testing this out.

The hype infection depth in here has slowly become less virulent.
Too busy looking and waiting for the next incremental thing to sit back and take stock of what they have.

^
Don't worry about me nick cuz i gots my moves down to a science.
cool.gif

It's tyme to bring back my hipster swagger box boi!

^
Expectation....... check above.

... just keepin' it real. :wink:

Quote:
Sounds to me that you have low expectations bias
tongue.gif

FYI, I was gifted my headphones (hd800) by my father so by such am kind of an accidental audiophile but from what I gather, there are other girl members here even though I guess the majority here are guys, especially judging by your post.

What you maybe should realise is that anyone can be a lover of music regardless of their gender or appearance

^
It's not just "low expectation" but the nutter has zero expectation........... cuz he has already tossed in the towel. I feel for this dood. T_T

But FIRST THING FIRST!!! My god those words are pure poetry to my ears. Way to crush nutnicks' nuts. hoho
evil_smiley.gif

... you go girl cuz this one is for the records!!!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Dec 26, 2014 at 3:24 PM Post #2,183 of 2,209
Do you feel they live up to the "hype"? Anything you like listening to best on those?
 There are a few females, but I think it is because females are generally smarter :xf_eek: and don't get all googly over technicalities and obsess over it. Smart in that I bet females find it easier to just sit back and enjoy the music.
Generalization yes because all people are different, but it's the best I can come up with.

Congrats

My father gifted them to me :)

Do hd800's live up to their hype? Well, I have not heard anything to compare them to in that kind of category really, so maybe as they are quite well regarded here at Head-Fi from what I have read and I do personally think they are very good.

I listen to quite varied genres of music but would say the hd800's capture the vocals of Diana Krall perfectly.

^
Don't worry about me nick cuz i gots my moves down to a science. :cool:

It's tyme to bring back my hipster swagger box boi!

^
Expectation....... check above.

^
It's not just "low expectation" but the nutter has zero expectation........... cuz he has already tossed in the towel. I feel for this dood. T_T

But FIRST THING FIRST!!! My god those words are pure poetry to my ears. Way to crush nutnicks' nuts. hoho :evil:

... you go girl cuz this one is for the records!!! :veryevil:

I actually am beginning to think this thread is possibly the most surreal thread here on Head-Fi

But humour is all in good fun I guess :)

Dec 26, 2014 at 3:51 PM Post #2,184 of 2,209
 There are a few females, but I think it is because females are generally smarter
redface.gif
and don't get all googly over technicalities and obsess over it. Smart in that I bet females find it easier to just sit back and enjoy the music.

Congrats

^
Good try there nick cough***dork***cough.
bigsmile_face.gif

My father gifted them to me
smily_headphones1.gif

Do hd800's live up to their hype? Well, I have not heard anything to compare them to in that kind of category really, so maybe as they are quite well regarded here at Head-Fi from what I have read and I do personally think they are very good.

I listen to quite varied genres of music but would say the hd800's capture the vocals of Diana Krall perfectly.
I actually am beginning to think this thread is possibly the most surreal BESTEST thread here on Head-Fi

But humour is all in good fun I guess
smily_headphones1.gif

^
FTFY!!!

You don't have to state the obvious, i know.
cool.gif

... auto awesome. :  )

^

Dec 26, 2014 at 4:00 PM Post #2,185 of 2,209
 Part fun part serious-fun.

All that matters about the HD800 is that YOU personally like them
k701smile.gif
Ever take them out for a walk etc? .
I am kinda torn between big vs iems as I don't need iems much here (  since the weather is always usually great W Coast Canada ) and I usually take the on-ears or larger out.
 Learned to read through and wait on hype in the iem world. things are moving so fast there. Why spend $$$ on sunstandard iems when for less I can either mod or get an older orthodynamic portable.
Srry rambling on now :)

Start reading too much  it'll get you questioning other stuff then the trap has been sprung. You'll end up like SF there
 Required random gif, this one from the IT Crowd :

Dec 26, 2014 at 4:00 PM Post #2,186 of 2,209
Dec 26, 2014 at 4:07 PM Post #2,187 of 2,209
We are trying to get that fool SF to move or at least visit  the best place ever( so called "Canned Land") , but he won't listen. But really not sure if we want him polluting our awesomeness so maybe it's not such a great idea.

STAY HOME SF

This is what the map would look like if you did....

Dec 26, 2014 at 10:33 PM Post #2,188 of 2,209
Sounds to me that you have low expectations bias
tongue.gif

Not a bias at all. You're fighting the empirical data set. But feel free to make the swim.

The boxtop will jump in and save you.

I perhaps has escaped your notice that very few music appreciation threads exist here. The Hype is all about hardware. Bet the majority here has never heard anything through their phones other than a test tone.:wink:

Dec 26, 2014 at 10:36 PM Post #2,189 of 2,209
  We are trying to get that fool SF to move or at least visit  the best place ever( so called "Canned Land") , but he won't listen. But really not sure if we want him polluting our awesomeness so maybe it's not such a great idea.

STAY HOME SF

This is what the map would look like if you did....

Jebus Nick. We finally got rid of Beiber and you want the beer coaster up here. The hell you thinking man?

Dec 27, 2014 at 12:38 AM Post #2,190 of 2,209
I was only joking because I thought they were the same person...srry.
That's what he told me in a PM anyhow. Never can be sure  WHO you are actualy talking to online. I'm gullible like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back