THE HYPE.............................. Appreciation Thread.
Sep 12, 2014 at 7:31 PM Post #2,056 of 2,209
  Dude, I'm really liking the sound of Sony' new offerings. I hope the Z3 or Z4(when it comes out in 6 more months) will work with Verizon. I have had Motorola phones for the last 4 years, and I really like their build quality and simple, efficient OS. I personally won't go for Crapple iOS, Samsung's Touchwiz and cheap feeling build quality, HTC with their Sense and sometimes poor battery life, Nokia & Windows, and am not really interested in LG or their huge newer phones(though they have majorly stepped up their smartphone game in recent years)

I think I'll try Sony's Xperia line next or stick with Motorola and get the Moto X+1

I mean look at that sexy piece of tech! Silver Green sounds cool for the Z3.

^
Sony could EASILY destroy Same/Shamesung with their design ALONE. But tyme and tyme again they make their phones with those BIG and UGLY bezels. The screen they use seems to have meh quality and is the cheap LCD variant and not really feeling how their custom android skin/overlay looks tbh. Sony software looks damn cheap and still remains their achilles heel. haha

But dat Sony side home/power button is BOSS lookin' fo' sho!!!
cool.gif

Imagine if they use this design of the Xperia P with that home button....
.... reduce that ugly thick chin/ useless top/bottom size while keep that plastic clear antenna 3 button function for android cuz on screen android buttons is a waste of screen space. Imagine if Sony fused this Xperia P with their new Z flagship design that is made outta metal like the P, but is water/dust proof with a micro sd slot and near bezel less design/ amazing screen. INSTANT BUY for me if this is the case, cuz they got their designs down just constantly doing stupid lil' annoying schiits like not adding micro sd slots/ crappy little battery sizes, big bezels that is keepin' them from destroying their competition.

Oh well guess i'll just have to wait to see who will bring a true game changer in the smartphone arena.
popcorn.gif

It just might be very likely that the Chinese companies might be Dat One.......
... one can dream can't he??? :wink:

.... this is what the iphone 6 SHOULD have been tbh. Imagine if that stupid home button of theirs with the finger print scanner was integrated into a bezel-less sapphire screen/display!!! : O

Now THAT is what innovation truly means. haha

@Ap616 ..whatcha think of these ....

+
  That One Plus One phone ..China made but very popular now in these parts of wood ...impressive specs ..google them ..man

^.... speaking of Dat One, 1plus1 is one of the worst HYPEs i have seen. Those mofos are just a bunch of trolls.
ph34r.gif

It's obvious the Oppo is just using this 1plus1 project to mess with folks, the design is meh, cuz it just like all the other Oppa phones with almost the exact specs. The only thing attractive about it was its cheaper price. But then the make that dumb invite only buying system to further troll/ create mo' hype cuz they don't have enough phones to sell. Fff that schiit.

Their "Never Settle" never compromise slogans are pretty ironic cuz i can't imagine how anyone would settle for their lame troll 1plus1 phone cuz that stupid thing don't even have a micro sd slot. LMAO

Cmon meng, I already know that I'm drawing attention to these aka "hyping" them up but I hope this thread isn't calling them out as scams. These are legitimately awesomesauce.

I really think people need to hear them UNLIKE THE IS -1 lol

^
i believe you they are good, but you overhyped those TTPOD T1Es as well tbh. Not saying you are doing it intentionally cuz i could see that that's how you truly feel about them but there are always personal biases to factor in so..... Some mofos initial said those piss poor Piss_tons were better than the Dunu DN1000s etc etc etc during theur hype stages and look where they are now....... LMAO

Just saying don't EVER underestimate the POWER of the new toy syndrome is alls, cuz he gets to EVERYONE from tyme to tyme.

I am certainly guilty of this as well. : P

But it's good to see/hear you're so passionate about those DGSs though. : )

You guys need the audiphile smarthphone, Vivo 3s!

+

I did, it rocked, but not having all the international bands for fast data kills it.

I have the Oneplus One 64GB, and it's the best value phone by far at $350. The audio section just isn't as good as the Vivo.

^
hmmmm seems like Vivo is DEAD serious about their audio quality on all fronts. My hope in meizu is almost all gone tbh, just another apple wannabe that's not making any game changers cuz they have crazy fan bois of their own now.....

@sfwalcer...check this out....www.head-fi.org/t/733597/dgs100-appreciation-thread-the-game-changing-budget-fi-two-way-hybrid-universal-iem/180#post_10872424

"Same person"...lol

^
... are we not??? :wink:

Sep 12, 2014 at 8:51 PM Post #2,058 of 2,209

Are we ...? 

^
... it's funny cuz it's true.....

.... the resemblance is uncanny.
triportsad.gif
It's your pick though.:wink:

^
Dat........... 

... brack/white reference.
cool.gif

... but i am bruce lee level with it though..... while you're burce....
normal_smile .gif
900x900px-LL-b5f79d7f_chopstick20popcorn.jpeg

^
learn young...
..... Obi-Wan KenWoki.
wink_face.gif

Sep 12, 2014 at 9:22 PM Post #2,060 of 2,209
  Obi Wan KenWoki ..........me Wokei !

You ...Me ? Haha

^

TroLoLoLoLoLoLoLoLoLoLO.....
http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/sennheisers-urbanite-micro-site-isummemorable

blink.gif

Sep 12, 2014 at 9:26 PM Post #2,061 of 2,209
  ^
Sony could EASILY destroy Same/Shamesung with their design ALONE. But tyme and tyme again they make their phones with those BIG and UGLY bezels. The screen they use seems to have meh quality and is the cheap LCD variant and not really feeling how their custom android skin/overlay looks tbh. Sony software looks damn cheap and still remains their achilles heel. haha

But dat Sony side home/power button is BOSS lookin' fo' sho!!!
cool.gif

.... reduce that ugly thick chin/ useless top/bottom size while keep that plastic clear antenna 3 button function for android cuz on screen android buttons is a waste of screen space. Imagine if Sony fused this Xperia P with their new Z flagship design that is made outta metal like the P, but is water/dust proof with a micro sd slot and near bezel less design/ amazing screen. INSTANT BUY for me if this is the case, cuz they got their designs down just constantly doing stupid lil' annoying schiits like not adding micro sd slots/ crappy little battery sizes, big bezels that is keepin' them from destroying their competition.

Oh well guess i'll just have to wait to see who will bring a true game changer in the smartphone arena.
popcorn.gif

It just might be very likely that the Chinese companies might be Dat One.......
... one can dream can't he??? :wink:

.... this is what the iphone 6 SHOULD have been tbh. Imagine if that stupid home button of theirs with the finger print scanner was integrated into a bezel-less sapphire screen/display!!! : O

Now THAT is what innovation truly means. haha

+
^.... speaking of Dat One, 1plus1 is one of the worst HYPEs i have seen. Those mofos are just a bunch of trolls.
ph34r.gif

It's obvious the Oppo is just using this 1plus1 project to mess with folks, the design is meh, cuz it just like all the other Oppa phones with almost the exact specs. The only thing attractive about it was its cheaper price. But then the make that dumb invite only buying system to further troll/ create mo' hype cuz they don't have enough phones to sell. Fff that schiit.

Their "Never Settle" never compromise slogans are pretty ironic cuz i can't imagine how anyone would settle for their lame troll 1plus1 phone cuz that stupid thing don't even have a micro sd slot. LMAO

^
i believe you they are good, but you overhyped those TTPOD T1Es as well tbh. Not saying you are doing it intentionally cuz i could see that that's how you truly feel about them but there are always personal biases to factor in so..... Some mofos initial said those piss poor Piss_tons were better than the Dunu DN1000s etc etc etc during theur hype stages and look where they are now....... LMAO

Just saying don't EVER underestimate the POWER of the new toy syndrome is alls, cuz he gets to EVERYONE from tyme to tyme.

I am certainly guilty of this as well. : P

But it's good to see/hear you're so passionate about those DGSs though. : )

+

^
hmmmm seems like Vivo is DEAD serious about their audio quality on all fronts. My hope in meizu is almost all gone tbh, just another apple wannabe that's not making any game changers cuz they have crazy fan bois of their own now.....

^
... are we not??? :wink:

Are there seriously no chinese smartphones that are able to obliterate the current selection of Shamesung, snApple, Drony, and LG offerings?

Hang on..

The meizu mx4 costs 50 dollars here.

https://www.chinavasion.com/china/wholesale/Android_Phones/Large_Screen_Android_Phones/Meizu_MX4_4G_Smartphone_-_32GB_ROM_International_Version_Gray/

Is this legit?

Sep 12, 2014 at 9:52 PM Post #2,062 of 2,209

Are there seriously no chinese smartphones that are able to obliterate the current selection of Shamesung, snApple, Drony, and LG offerings?

Hang on..

https://www.chinavasion.com/china/wholesale/Android_Phones/Large_Screen_Android_Phones/Meizu_MX4_4G_Smartphone_-_32GB_ROM_International_Version_Gray/

Is this legit?

That is just the reserve fee ..dude ..the price they are selling is 489 USD ...

Sep 12, 2014 at 11:50 PM Post #2,067 of 2,209
^

But dat Sony side home/power button is BOSS lookin' fo' sho!!! :cool:

Oh well guess i'll just have to wait to see who will bring a true game changer in the smartphone arena. :popcorn:

I don't think the bezels are that big with the new Z3. I mean come on sf, 2mm on the side is next ta nothing :wink: The top and bottom could maybe be decreased some, though there is the notifications light(possibly), sensors, front facing camera, and overall battery length to think about while maximizing screen real estate. I like the whole design though; it's aesthetically pleasing imho. I also like on screen buttons, to each his own man. I have heard their screens are somewhat underwhelming though...

But specs wise Sony is headed in the right direction. I also like the simplicity and no overbloat of features with Sony and Motorola's OS's. Where as LG is in the middle, and Shamesung's Touchwiz and HTC Sense are on the OTHER end of the spectrum...

Sep 13, 2014 at 3:46 AM Post #2,068 of 2,209

Hang on..

Is this legit?

^
Not many with a total package. Meizu is the closest ones due to their audiophile sound quality, great built/screen, and it is also possible to install ubuntu OS on it instead of just android. But sadly it doesn't come with a micro sd slot, is pretty damn expensive for a Chinese since Meizu often price their stuff pretty high compared to the likes of Xiaomi.

Piston better than the DN1000?!
Really?!
How wrote that? 

mussum-2-300x187.jpg

^
The usual suspects suspect when their hype was at their most absurd. LoL
Not many here you can really trust tbh. haha

I don't think the bezels are that big with the new Z3. I mean come on sf, 2mm on the side is next ta nothing
wink.gif
The top and bottom could maybe be decreased some, though there is the notifications light(possibly), sensors, front facing camera, and overall battery length to think about while maximizing screen real estate. I like the whole design though; it's aesthetically pleasing imho. I also like on screen buttons, to each his own man. I have heard their screens are somewhat underwhelming though...

But specs wise Sony is headed in the right direction. I also like the simplicity and no overbloat of features with Sony and Motorola's OS's. Where as LG is in the middle, and Shamesung's Touchwiz and HTC Sense are on the OTHER end of the spectrum...

^
It's not THAT big but is is pretty big and is a lot of extra wasted space which just makes it look dated to me. it doesn't even have that home button like apple yet the bezel is just as large so i can not understand why Sony still put crappy TFT LCD screens on their flagships tbh. No doubt Sony design is world class and even apple can't hang with them. Only if Sony would get their schitt together and get serious by blowing their competition away instead of minor changes to their "flagships" every 6 months that looks/performs almost the same as their last. Why even bother..... buying one of the phones if this is the case.

Yeppp they are getting better specs wise but as apple has shown it's all about optimizing the hardware with your software. Specs wise apple devices are outdated as hell, but real world performance wise they are still extremely good cuz iOS is optimized to run on their own hardware designs. Android itself seems to be a overbloat OS hence despite so many cores in smartphones these days it is still not as efficient as apples. Besides Sonys phones i don't really like any of the other big names aesthetics wise, HTC is alright but still meh. haha

Sep 17, 2014 at 5:17 PM Post #2,069 of 2,209
Looks like the joke is on us mr.sfwalcer.

I'm glad you found what you're looking for. I thoroughly enjoy the h3 also.

If you're looking to upgrade in terms of sq and based on your personal preference, check out the Sidy dgs100. I like it better than my h3.

Oh Ya, it's only $80.

Now will you sell your xba-h3s or buy these dgs100 before or after me?
evil_smiley.gif

That is my question. I know I have better resistance than a 10 year old in regards to hype trains.

Who will cave in first?
biggrin.gif

Sep 17, 2014 at 5:55 PM Post #2,070 of 2,209
Looks like the joke is on us mr.sfwalcer.

Now will you sell your xba-h3s or buy these dgs100 before or after me? :evil:

That is my question. I know I have better resistance than a 10 year old in regards to hype trains.

Who will cave in first? :D  
If you guys like the sq of the h3, you'll love the DGS100. Similar signature, bass quantity and quality is on par, a slightly smaller sound stage, and clearer, more detailed mids, and slightly more treble extension.

Sound like a winner? That's because it is!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back