THE HYPE.............................. Appreciation Thread.
Jul 10, 2014 at 3:22 AM Post #1,952 of 2,209
  I bet you've never eaten a bowl of authentic ramen in your life.

In other news.

The people have spoken.

He's probably some pseudo Asian who's only link to the culture is a midnight viewing of "Big Trouble in Little China"

Jul 10, 2014 at 3:30 AM Post #1,953 of 2,209
  I bet you've never eaten a bowl of authentic ramen in your life.

In other news.

The people have spoken.

^
Nope you got me there.
redface.gif

But that's cuz i am a cheap arse mofo and can make up own. I use salmon heads,/ types of fish parts, bones are the best and slow simmer that ish until the broth gets REALLY milky white, toss some tofu/ imitation crab meat, etc etc with some nice chopped green onions/ cilantro and BAM!!! You got an AMAZING soup for noodles of all types. Ramen, pho what have you.

You didn't know i was a masta' chef as well huh???
wink.gif

Meh i saw those comments, it didn't do anything for me tbh. UNMOVED and....
... lovely job stalkin' me though.
bigsmile_face.gif

...... boooooooooooya'!!! Try to not get over excited by her....  Thank god this gif is of her frontal and not.
ph34r.gif

Jul 10, 2014 at 3:36 AM Post #1,954 of 2,209

He's probably some pseudo Asian who's only link to the culture is a midnight viewing of "Big Trouble in Little China"

^
YOU GOT ME I AM A TWINKIE (no wait that is dat anal mofo) BANANA!!!

Nah FOB FO' LYFE!!!
wink_face.gif

edit: oh and btw "authentic" is wayyy OVA' RATED cuz it's ALL RELATIVE. Esp. for something that is as peon as "ramen". Uppity anal peasants!!!

Jul 10, 2014 at 11:35 AM Post #1,955 of 2,209
you got those GODLY VSD3S in and THAT'S all you have to say!!! You mind as well be a dead bird. :p

WORK BIRDIE WORK!!!

It is not that I don't have more to say, it's that I generally don't care enough passed..."I like how this sounds" or "I don't like how this sounds." I'm never going to give a general canned statement that "this is better than that, hands down, or that the vsd3s sounds great, good buy for anyone." People typically don't get much (or appreciate) those types of comments from me. However, if you insist, I do like how the vsd3s sound. (overall they sound a bit bright out of the box, and a couple hours in)

As for the other recent posts....I can't get into that canned land cardboard ish.

I do have a question about my vsd3s, well, more something that ive noticed a couple of times while listening to them. It has only happened a handful of times, but the music will cut out (has happened so few times and so briefly so I'm not sure if its cutting out or just happening on top of music blocking it out) and i'll hear a noise similar to jet engine noise, clearly much more tame, but its like a jet enginish static noise. It only lasts for a few seconds and everything goes back to normal. It is not like any microphonics that I've experienced before, but this is also my first pair of detachable cable iems, so is it possible that the detachable aspect is responsible for this noise?

It may be appropriate to ask that in the vsd3s thread....but I trust those that read this thread more to have a viable answer lol.

Jul 11, 2014 at 2:06 AM Post #1,956 of 2,209
It is not that I don't have more to say, it's that I generally don't care enough passed..."I like how this sounds" or "I don't like how this sounds." I'm never going to give a general canned statement that "this is better than that, hands down, or that the vsd3s sounds great, good buy for anyone." People typically don't get much (or appreciate) those types of comments from me. However, if you insist, I do like how the vsd3s sound. (overall they sound a bit bright out of the box, and a couple hours in)

As for the other recent posts....I can't get into that canned land cardboard ish.

I do have a question about my vsd3s, well, more something that ive noticed a couple of times while listening to them. It has only happened a handful of times, but the music will cut out (has happened so few times and so briefly so I'm not sure if its cutting out or just happening on top of music blocking it out) and i'll hear a noise similar to jet engine noise, clearly much more tame, but its like a jet enginish static noise. It only lasts for a few seconds and everything goes back to normal. It is not like any microphonics that I've experienced before, but this is also my first pair of detachable cable iems, so is it possible that the detachable aspect is responsible for this noise?

It may be appropriate to ask that in the vsd3s thread....but I trust those that read this thread more to have a viable answer lol.

^
From all the post of yours so far i am still not sure what you are really into anyways.... 
rolleyes.gif

Nah sawee i don't really have any expertise with detachable cables much, in fact i don't have expertise in anything tbh....
redface.gif

... aside from my cabbages that is. :wink: 

Jul 11, 2014 at 2:13 AM Post #1,957 of 2,209
  ^
From all the post of yours so far i am still not sure what you are really into anyways.... 
rolleyes.gif

Nah sawee i don't really have any expertise with detachable cables much, in fact i don't have expertise in anything tbh....
redface.gif

... aside from my cabbages that is. :wink: 

I wasn't referring to you, obviously. 
tumblr_inline_mtmznuWkqM1ryb0hd.gif

Jul 11, 2014 at 4:32 AM Post #1,959 of 2,209
Jul 11, 2014 at 4:36 AM Post #1,960 of 2,209
Micro coaxial on earphones often have contact problems. Historically the SE215 had a lot of issues with their connection. It's likely not the cable but the socket so replacing that won't do much although it might help, especially if you have a couple of spare MMCX cables in hand. If you have some micro coaxial connectors they should be the easiest to DIY a cable out of. But also contact them to see if warranty will be honored. In the future, try not to remove the cables too often. LMUE has been extremely responsive with warranty issues with me lately so if it was a pre-order from them they should be very fast but I can't speak to that 100%

Jul 11, 2014 at 4:41 AM Post #1,961 of 2,209
What about applying some DeOxit to the contact points. Crazy not to have some lying around, you can get it in smaller amounts also

" I love the smell of DeOxit in the morning "

Or is it mainly a physical issue

Jul 11, 2014 at 4:56 AM Post #1,962 of 2,209
I have thought about that with some of my Shure cables. If it is simply cutting out because of contact wear it should be receptive. I have a couple that are now physically smaller and are unable to make consistent contact at times. Good call. I probably do have some lying around.

Something that is less likely since they are new is that there's some dust and debris lying around in the sockets (I have this a lot with other coaxial cables since they lie around unplugged near dusty corners of the house).  Blowing some compressed air should do the trick.

Jul 11, 2014 at 10:25 AM Post #1,963 of 2,209
Micro coaxial on earphones often have contact problems. Historically the SE215 had a lot of issues with their connection. It's likely not the cable but the socket so replacing that won't do much although it might help, especially if you have a couple of spare MMCX cables in hand. If you have some micro coaxial connectors they should be the easiest to DIY a cable out of. But also contact them to see if warranty will be honored. In the future, try not to remove the cables too often. LMUE has been extremely responsive with warranty issues with me lately so if it was a pre-order from them they should be very fast but I can't speak to that 100%

Well I've never detached the cables, and don't plan to unless I have to. It hasn't happened since I last posted. I figured it was the socket, if it was going to be anything. It was one of the earlier preorders for the vsd3s, but I want to make sure I can discern what it is (has to happen again) before I contact LMUE. I really don't want to send these back as it took 2 weeks to arrive, and then dealing with USPS was a nightmare.

[/quote]
^
ehhh but i am the only one here that ever responds to your posts. LoL

Cuz those Canned Land mofos thinks they are above ya'. :bigsmile_face:

...duh duh duh!!! :wink:

^ Wrong again? One of them usually responds, and this time they did because they wanted to, or just to spite you, either way I don't mind.

What about applying some DeOxit to the contact points. Crazy not to have some lying around, you can get it in smaller amounts also

" I love the smell of DeOxit in the morning "

Or is it mainly a physical issue

que? It's likely a physical issue.

Jul 11, 2014 at 7:08 PM Post #1,964 of 2,209

^
If you thought THAT was de-hype check this one out.... :  (

Quote: http://www.head-fi.org/t/718900/the-ostry-kc06a-the-guy-who-surprises-with-sound-class-look-and-many-more-d/360#post_10702690

1. [img]http://cdn.head-fi.org/9/99/100x100px-LS-994525b3_DSC_0359.jpeg[/img]
  1. Hisoundfi
  2. badge_500.v1413585573.png

I wish I could share with the people on this thread just how much fun it is right now going back and forth between the kc06a and the gr07 BE. Guys, the kc06a is awesome for its price. Better than the gr07 BE? In some areas it is, but not a better iem. This battle comes down to signature preference, and how much build quality means to you.

Bass crown goes to the gr07 BE. It extends more and gives a little more low end Rumble when called upon. Kc06a is no slouch, but the gr07 BE is just that good.

Low mids are a tie. I can't pick one over the other. Both present themselves differently, with the gr07 BE being more musical, and the kc06a brings a more technical approach.

For mids I have to give it to the kc06a. There's talk about the kc06a having a v signature but IMHO these things bring everything forward. Although the bass might be more present, the mids still sound amazing on the kc06a. I consider the kc06a tuned to have the same mids and treble as the original kc06a with just a slight raise in both the bass and treble.

High mids and treble goes to the kc06a. It retains the same crispness as the original kc06 but with a slight boost. Simply put, the gr07 BE can be sibilant at times, making the kc06a more tolerable all around.

Build quality for me goes to the gr07 BE for a few particular reasons. #1 the gr07 BE has a CINCH CABLE. it doesn't hurt to put a cinch cable on, and I don't understand why many manufacturers don't, Ostry being one of them. #2 The L-shaped plug of the gr07 BE is a better feature than the Ostry straight plug. #3 I also like the adjustable hozzle on the gr07 BE, as it makes it easier to get a more solid and consistent customized fit and isolation.

Accessories I say it's a draw. Vsonic offers a little more than ostry with these, but the filtered tips that come with the kc06a are sweet!

The gr07 BE isolates better than the kc06a.

If I had to pick one I would go with the gr07 BE, but if price was a factor in this situation, I honestly would probably have to go with the $80 usd kc06a over the $130-$180 gr07 BE.

Well done Ostry, the kc06a is a hit!

... was certain the bass quality as well as quantity of the new Ostrich Ayyys were gonna schiit on the GR07 BEs, but yet he still thinks the BE bests those damn birds in the bass department.

MAD DISAPPOINT!!!
mad.gif

^ Wrong again? One of them usually responds, and this time they did because they wanted to, or just to spite you, either way I don't mind.
que? It's likely a physical issue.

^
when in doubt just go with the more nefarious reasons cuz nothin' good has EVER came outta' a CANNED!!!
floatsmile.png

THIS IS NOW A CANNED FREE ZONE!!!

...... IEMs FTW!!!
etysmile.gif

Jul 12, 2014 at 12:10 AM Post #1,965 of 2,209
^ Hype, de-hype, non-hype... it doesn't matter - the birds rock! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back