THE HYPE.............................. Appreciation Thread.
Mar 16, 2014 at 12:11 AM Post #1,486 of 2,209

^ From one of the the PONO interview vids he seems like a good guy but i have no idea about his legacy. His intentions seems to be pure and the buzz he has generated is beneficial for the audio community overall me thinks, even though what he is trying to do is a bit passe/ not as relevant today due to many other smaller companies already filling up that niche.

His campaign will mainstream the "audiophile" hobby fo' sho if successful, and maybe even big names like apple will FINALLY take note and will start to offer better devices instead of their stagnant ipods all these years???

But i do hear the new milking $ound though........................ kinda gimmicky just like beats and their stupid claims/ slogan despite there is truth to it.

Think these 3 vids are relevant to the discussion at hand, but can you REALLY hear the difference though???

Plus it all boils down to how well the recording was mastered in the 1st place, and nothing can fix that sadly no matter how high the quality/ res is.

Yeah. but now they have to re do all the testing with SACD and Ultra High Res sources. It never ends.:)

Mar 16, 2014 at 12:24 AM Post #1,488 of 2,209

That's what keeps this hobby going/ thriving tho'. :wink:

Ah and here I though it was Logjams and Sony castoffs that were fueling the fires
biggrin.gif

Seriously, someday I'll get around to hyping the Blox earbuds. Man are they goooooooood:wink:)

Mar 16, 2014 at 1:40 AM Post #1,490 of 2,209

Ah and here I though it was Logjams and Sony castoffs that were fueling the fires
biggrin.gif

Seriously, someday I'll get around to hyping the Blox earbuds. Man are they goooooooood:wink:)

+

Yes. I thought they did as well. 

^ Oh and speaking of end chain gears, ehhh why don't PONO include a good set of iems or cans with their player than can actually make good use of what their product has to offer. Do they SERIOUSLY think that mofos with damn apple earbuds can hear the difference between hi-res files vs. 320kbps or even 192kbps files as those vids above indicated???

If they are truly serious they should literally have a COMPLETE product from the beginning of the chain to the very end cuz most peps own beats and earbuds/ earpods, so it's kinda self defeating in a sense.

Mar 16, 2014 at 1:45 AM Post #1,491 of 2,209

+

^ Oh and speaking of end chain gears, ehhh why don't PONO include a good set of iems or cans with their player than can actually make good use of what their product has to offer. Do they SERIOUSLY think that mofos with damn apple earbuds can hear the difference between hi-res files vs. 320kbps or even 192kbps files as those vids above indicated???

If they are truly serious they should literally have a COMPLETE product from the beginning of the chain to the very end cuz most peps own beats and earbuds/ earpods, so it's kinda self defeating in a sense.

You better fire that off to Neil. Another 800 grand kickstarter go round to develop IEM's is in the offing I think.:)

Mar 16, 2014 at 1:59 AM Post #1,492 of 2,209

You better fire that off to Neil. Another 800 grand kickstarter go round to develop IEM's is in the offing I think.:)

^ Pissssssssssssssssssssssh they can just slap them AKG K3003 beating Sony MH1s as a bundle with their PONO and call it a day. :wink:

They can then send me the rest of that 799 grand saved. GENIUS!!!
cool.gif

Mar 16, 2014 at 1:59 AM Post #1,493 of 2,209

+

I see your avoiding the logjams burn, respectable. 

Unrelated of course, my brother wants a pair of IEMs for less than 100, but I know him and he would probably like to spend as little as possible. The only thing that I came up with off the top of my head are the cheaper vsonics and random pairs from japan like the pistons or ATH im50. Or something like the steelseries flux. 

Mar 16, 2014 at 6:18 PM Post #1,494 of 2,209

Unrelated of course, my brother wants a pair of IEMs for less than 100, but I know him and he would probably like to spend as little as possible. The only thing that I came up with off the top of my head are the cheaper vsonics and random pairs from japan like the pistons or ATH im50. Or something like the steelseries flux. 

the im50 would be a safe bet, earfonics labels them as the ath-m50 clone in earphone form. (using the term, clone, loosely)

or you could be a brave man and audition these in a local store, then buy it if you believe your brother will enjoy that SQ!

http://www.shophq.com/offer/?offercode=441-034&track=-10451&cm_re=Z7-_-RV1-_-N

ph34r.gif

hope you can place these large sugar cubes in your ears, i'm planning to do that with a help of a friend...hopefully..

Mar 16, 2014 at 6:48 PM Post #1,495 of 2,209
  the im50 would be a safe bet, earfonics labels them as the ath-m50 clone in earphone form. (using the term, clone, loosely)

or you could be a brave man and audition these in a local store, then buy it if you believe your brother will enjoy that SQ!

ph34r.gif

hope you can place these large sugar cubes in your ears, i'm planning to do that with a help of a friend...hopefully..

Yeah hes not too keen on getting them shipped from japan, but I'll convince him. As for auditioning those HK beauties.......yeah no thanks. Plus I don't know of any places around me that does that kind of thing. 

Mar 16, 2014 at 7:02 PM Post #1,496 of 2,209

Yeah hes not too keen on getting them shipped from japan, but I'll convince him. As for auditioning those HK beauties.......yeah no thanks. Plus I don't know of any places around me that does that kind of thing. 

http://www.accessoryjack.com/headphones/in-ear-monitor/audio-technica-ath-im50-dual-symphonic-in-ear-monitor-headphones-white.html

So does that mean he wouldn't purchase them from here?

Mar 16, 2014 at 7:42 PM Post #1,497 of 2,209
  http://www.accessoryjack.com/headphones/in-ear-monitor/audio-technica-ath-im50-dual-symphonic-in-ear-monitor-headphones-white.html

Well I wouldn't want to use accessory jack just because they're constantly out of stock. I was going to buy the IM-70 a couple weeks ago so I know the drill by now. I still wouldn't have had my IM70s by now as the que was so large and they received less than they even ordered. cdjapan seems to have the im50 in stock consistently however. It isn't a problem with buying things from japan, I just think he doesn't want to wait for the shipping, or pay 10 dollars to ship them, or deal with possible hassles with international shipping, which is understandable. 

Mar 16, 2014 at 9:38 PM Post #1,499 of 2,209

+

ph34r.gif

+

+

Well I wouldn't want to use accessory jack just because they're constantly out of stock. I was going to buy the IM-70 a couple weeks ago so I know the drill by now. I still wouldn't have had my IM70s by now as the que was so large and they received less than they even ordered. cdjapan seems to have the im50 in stock consistently however. It isn't a problem with buying things from japan, I just think he doesn't want to wait for the shipping, or pay 10 dollars to ship them, or deal with possible hassles with international shipping, which is understandable. 

^

For basshead audiophiles the Nuforce NE700X is a great choice for $50 to $65 and is comparable to Sony's XB90EX.

The VSonic VSD1 lineup is a no brainer buy for a more balanced sound siggy but still have great quantity/ quality bass.

Was thinking of recommending you the RHA MA750 cuz they seem to be a solid choice for $100 with great packaging and a 3 year warranty/ great customer service, but the prices seems to have went crazy higher of late for some reason. Maybe cuz amazon is out of stock???

And yeppp like vlenbo stated the new ATH over ears lineup should be rock solid as well, and for $100 IM-70s seems to be a better buy than the RHA MA750 so.....

Any idea about the output impedance of the Pono?

^ ehhh have no idea, all their specs seems to be a mystery...................
confused_face.gif

Mar 16, 2014 at 10:02 PM Post #1,500 of 2,209

For basshead audiophiles the Nuforce NE700X is a great choice for $50 to $65 and is comparable to Sony's XB90EX.

The VSonic VSD1 lineup is a no brainer buy for a more balanced sound siggy but still have great quantity/ quality bass.

Was thinking of recommending you the RHA MA750 cuz they seem to be a solid choice for $100 with great packaging and a 3 year warranty/ great customer service, but the prices seems to have went crazy higher of late for some reason. Maybe cuz amazon is out of stock???

And yeppp like vlenbo stated the new ATH over ears lineup should be rock solid as well, and for $100 IM-70s seems to be a better buy than the RHA MA750 so.....

Thanks everyone, however I'm still at where I started. I really was between the nuforce, vsd1s and ATHim50 lol. I suppose after spending as much time on the forum as we all have we would have the same suggestions/conclusions on budget IEMs. I'll have to just run them all by him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back