The Holiday Exchange Ring of Music Announced!
Nov 1, 2001 at 1:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

chadbang

Headphoneus Supremus
Well, today is November 1st (I'm overseas, you recall) and even though your calendar page may not have flipped yet, I'm too excited not to post the people who are adventurous enough to embark on an around the world music exchange! Now, you're not completely out of the loop if you haven't emailed me, and if you have 50 post or more and want to join, you have two more days to do it. And that will be that. You can email me a bradfordcheng@yahoo.com if you've been late getting on the wagon. And for being late, you'll be paired up with the rest of the damn stragglers. Anyway, here is the Head-Fi music/friendship/partnership ring!
biggrin.gif

THE CHAIN, CHAIN, CHAIN....

Budgie ---> rickcr42
rickcr42 --> Macdef
Macdef ---> Gorgon_123
Gorgon_123 ---> Hirsch
Hirsch --> JMT
JMT --> Onix
Onix --> MBriant
MBriant --> Aeberbach
Aeberbach --> Coolvij
Coolvij --> Chadbang
Chadbang --> Jude
Jude --> Beavisclone
Beavisclone --> Moogoesthecow
Moogoesthecow --> Jon Beilin
Jon Beilin -->Phoneprone
phoneprone --> Lux
Lux (lux email me your Head-fi name!) --> Stuartr
Stuartr --> Budgie !!!!!!!!!!

redface.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif
rolleyes.gif
eek.gif
tongue.gif
confused.gif
biggrin.gif

(above: possible expressions when you open your new CD!)

Oh, for those interested in the selection method, it was the old tried-and-true names on slips of paper in a coffee cup, then picked and lined up in a ring!

Well that's the ring. Now the rest of you have two days to consider. I don't know what I can say to persuade those who havn't joined, but what have you got to lose? And think of the friends you have to make.
biggrin.gif
In two days, whether we get more people joining or not, I will send you the email address of the person you are sending your cd to, so they can send you their mailing address. Thanks to everyone who joined! Any comments?

Nov 1, 2001 at 3:31 PM Post #5 of 25
Just emailed you. I forget, how do we determine what our buddy already has without giving away the surprise?

Nov 1, 2001 at 7:10 PM Post #8 of 25
Thanks for your work on this chadbang!
(Maybe a second ring should be started for those left out of the first ring.)

Nov 1, 2001 at 7:30 PM Post #9 of 25
Sorry guys. I don't know what happened. I would never have left out such tried and true members. I thought my compliling skills were better than that. Okay, since such notable members as the always dependable Acidtrip; our resident philosopher huy-ha; the perhaps overlooked, but never forgotten DanG, and (I don't know what the hell happened) AiOtron the informative, were somehow omitted from the exchange (Blame Yahoo, not me. I swear I didn't delete a thing!), I will do another pick from the hat round on Nov 3 - just to be fair. If you haven't gotten in your name, please do so now. How this will work is I will email to you the email address of the person you are supposed to mail a CD to. It's up to you to email them, and get the correct address to send the CD to. Example: Huy-ha is supposed to send his music to MacDef: so I'll email Huy-ha MacDef's (private, perhaps) email address. Then Huy-ha can drop a note to him saying: "Hey, MacDef, where do you want this 'Donny Osmond's Greatest Hits' CD to go to?" JOKING!

Anyway, you get the idea. I'm sort of the private mail guy keeping everyone's email address in case they don't want to post it on the web.

Hey, Huy-ha, Ai0Tron, DanG and Acidtrip, sorry, but could you email me again, so I have your email address. Thanks.
rolleyes.gif

Nov 1, 2001 at 7:37 PM Post #10 of 25
Do you all think it'd be cool for the sender to e-mail the recipient to say something like:

The three primary candidates I was considering sending to you are:

-- Disc 1 Name
-- Disc 2 Name
-- Disc 3 Name

I just want to be sure you don't already have any of these.

?

Or should it just be a total surprise?

I know we sorta discussed these things before, but it has been an insanely busy couple weeks for me these last couple weeks, so I may not have paid attention in class, if you know what I mean.

I can already see it:

"Jude,

I already have those three CD's (yes, including Harp-only Interpretations of Famous 70's Chilean TV Show Themes). But I don't already have the latest by Metallica if you're looking for ideas."

Nov 1, 2001 at 7:45 PM Post #11 of 25
I have no idea, Jude. At first I thought of trying to slim down the possiblities, but the bravest among us said: "We are open-minded and we will unflinching weather the great musical tempest set before us. Should it be heavy metal, the classics or 'The Best of Liberace performed by the Harmonicats', we will be accepting and fair in our judgement. Send what thou wilst!"

That was my understanding, anyway.

But what I have picked up as an undercurrent is: "Send a copy of your favourite album!"

Isn't that the best idea of all?

That way you can't feel guilty about what you send, and only possibly a slight stab of disappointment when the critique rolls in: "What?! He hates Professor Peter Schickle plays Dr. DiMento?!!"

But, I'll let you guys battle it out.... But hurry!

Nov 1, 2001 at 9:34 PM Post #13 of 25
I think we had decided that we were just going to send away. The idea is to "introduce" someone to something that you love but they probably haven't heard before, so as long as we don't send them something entirely mainstream, hopefully we'll be OK.

People should look at the recipient's music preferences in their profile to get an idea what they usually listen to. Then they can send something "different." At least that was *my* plan
wink.gif

Quote:

"Hey, MacDef, where do you want this 'Donny Osmond's Greatest Hits' CD to go to?"

To Jude.

Nov 1, 2001 at 11:23 PM Post #15 of 25
so I do macs profile and what do I see ?

ANYTHING BUT COUNTRY

Not gonna make this easy , are you man.
And BTW-what is the actual send/begin date ? If meant for around the holidays then sometime in early december should work.We do not want to jump the gun on this,at the same time we want our overseas brothers to get the goods in a timely manner also.
So ??????????????????

Users who are viewing this thread

Back