The Hi-Fi + Hi-Res Audiophiles' Bluetooth Headphone Adapter Thread - [17.Oct.21] iFi GO Blu impression added
Nov 21, 2021 at 8:32 PM Post #1,096 of 1,312
The BTR3K itself doesn't have eq capability. Eq would have to be applied externally by the player app or phone's audio system.

Not entirely true.

When your use LDAC on BTR3K, then the onboard EQ is disabled as the DSP function on the Bluetooth SoC inside BTR3K doesn't have enough processing power to both decode and EQ LDAC at the same time. But if you use any other Bluetooth codec besides LDAC (*selectable in the app), the onboard EQ function can be activated via app on BTR3K and it will apply to all sound streaming to BTR3K, regardless on whether it is music, games, youtube, etc. It will also remain active after restart until it is disabled via app. So only when you are using LDAC, then you need to use external EQ system either on your smartphone or player app.

Nov 22, 2021 at 12:45 AM Post #1,098 of 1,312
Not entirely true.

When your use LDAC on BTR3K, then the onboard EQ is disabled as the DSP function on the Bluetooth SoC inside BTR3K doesn't have enough processing power to both decode and EQ LDAC at the same time. But if you use any other Bluetooth codec besides LDAC (*selectable in the app), the onboard EQ function can be activated via app on BTR3K and it will apply to all sound streaming to BTR3K, regardless on whether it is music, games, youtube, etc. It will also remain active after restart until it is disabled via app. So only when you are using LDAC, then you need to use external EQ system either on your smartphone or player app.
Thanks for the correction. It's odd that FiiO's BTR3K webpage doesn't even say that it has EQ capability, except buried deep in the FAQ where it discusses EQ not working under LDAC.
https://www.fiio.com/btr3k

Nov 23, 2021 at 3:46 AM Post #1,099 of 1,312
While I did review many Bluetooth DAC/AMP Receivers in the past, none has ever been this small, so today we feature a full written review on the world's smallest, tiniest, most diminutive DAC/AMP/Bluetooth Receiver, the H2 from Hidizs ~

Comparisons with two other mini sized Bluetooth DACs from the same range included in the review, along with my personal impressions on the sound and usability of it

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2021/11/hidizs-h2-bluetooth-amp-smallest-receiver-out-there.html

HIDIZS-H2-Headphone-DAC-AMP-Amplifier-Bluetooth-Receiver-LDAC-aptX-Review-Audiophile-Heaven-17.jpg

Dec 6, 2021 at 10:41 PM Post #1,100 of 1,312
Technically you can eq over LDAC if you post process your audio files using apps that can convert audio file formats. But obviously it's a bit of work.
Thankfully though SanDisk makes humungous microsd cards to store all of the variations your heart desires.

Mpow bluetooth tx/rx also uses the same CSR chip but does not support LDAC. It was $24 back in the day. But H2 has a nicer name with a dedicated amp section.

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2021 at 12:23 AM Post #1,101 of 1,312
Oriolus 1795S added to the list. This one seems to be far more reasonably priced with a smaller size. But unfortunately still stuck with CSR8675.

Dec 16, 2021 at 10:37 AM Post #1,102 of 1,312
Is there any trick to get the Go Blu connected to a PC through USB? I downloaded the driver and it recognizes the hip dac, but nothing is displayed when the Go Blu is connected.

Dec 16, 2021 at 8:36 PM Post #1,103 of 1,312
Is there any trick to get the Go Blu connected to a PC through USB? I downloaded the driver and it recognizes the hip dac, but nothing is displayed when the Go Blu is connected.

GO Blu shouldn't need any extra driver to work. It will work with the built-in USB audio driver on most OS.

Dec 24, 2021 at 7:29 PM Post #1,104 of 1,312
Yes, but I still prefer Go Blu sound.

Some say BTR5 sounds digital, while Go Blue analog. Not precise obviously, but yes Go Blu sound is more pleasing, IMHO :)

How much better is the sound for a non-IEM user? I just ordered the BTR5 2021 per the recommendations I saw at the start of this thread and on other sites.

Should I cancel and get the Go Blu?

Dec 24, 2021 at 9:16 PM Post #1,105 of 1,312
How much better is the sound for a non-IEM user? I just ordered the BTR5 2021 per the recommendations I saw at the start of this thread and on other sites.

Should I cancel and get the Go Blu?
You should also consider what you will use besides SQ. BTR5 will offer a better USB DAC function and Bluetooth range, plus an usable shirt clip.

Dec 24, 2021 at 9:42 PM Post #1,106 of 1,312
You should also consider what you will use besides SQ. BTR5 will offer a better USB DAC function and Bluetooth range, plus an usable shirt clip.

I ordered both and will compare and report back. Me, without ever using one of these, would say that the SQ is most important. I have never used one of these devices, so I may have a different opinion after trying them both!

Dec 28, 2021 at 11:45 AM Post #1,108 of 1,312
Any idea on the Hip DAC 2 from ifi in comparison with the ifi Go Blu in terms of SQ?
Ifi Go Blu is the current SQ champion, right?

SQ champion in what context? If we are talking only about BT adapter, then yes, Go Blu is one of the best sounding BT adapter in the market right now. However, Hip Dac 2 really isn't a BT adapter but more of an slim USB DAC/amp. These two devices are really not designed for the same audience - Go Blu is for the people that mostly value ultra-portability and wireless convivence, where Hip Dac 2 is for people who are willing to go for the wired route for more power.

Dec 28, 2021 at 12:18 PM Post #1,109 of 1,312
Any idea on the Hip DAC 2 from ifi in comparison with the ifi Go Blu in terms of SQ?
Ifi Go Blu is the current SQ champion, right?
The Hip DAC 2 sounds much better than the Go Blu, it’s much better controlled.

Dec 28, 2021 at 2:31 PM Post #1,110 of 1,312
SQ champion in what context? If we are talking only about BT adapter, then yes, Go Blu is one of the best sounding BT adapter in the market right now. However, Hip Dac 2 really isn't a BT adapter but more of an slim USB DAC/amp. These two devices are really not designed for the same audience - Go Blu is for the people that mostly value ultra-portability and wireless convivence, where Hip Dac 2 is for people who are willing to go for the wired route for more power.
Sorry, I should have been more specific! I was talking about Bluetooth.

On the ifi website, it is said that the Hip DAC 2 have ~8 hrs of battery life. But the size is big.
The Hip DAC 2 sounds much better than the Go Blu, it’s much better controlled.
That's great as there is not much difference between the two in price terms.

BTW any info about Astell & Kern stuff?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back