THe HECK WITH ALL OF YOU!!!!
Apr 10, 2006 at 5:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

blue4n3

100+ Head-Fier
NO not really! Im venting! I dont know if this goes in this forum or what but here it is. I got into headphone a year back b/c i like to listen to music. Ever since I wal like 6 i loved music. I played the oboe (shut u...its cool) now im learning the guitar and play some piano. Then I needed new headphones b/c i already understood that my ipod ones suck bad. So i find headphone.com. then I come here. Now Im broke. But thats not the problem. I HATE my Bose now. not cuase all the audiophile say so, but becuase they sound like crap. yes the acoustamas thing sucks. i want to hear the reverb in bass guitar notes. not "boombraaah"

anyways....so now I'm spoiled and want good speakers for home. oh wait....my computer needs some too b/c i'm at my computer allot! oh wait my car needs some descent speakers too. Oh crap! car audio (i used to do SPL and only needed a damn good amp and sub) is no longer what I thought it was. SQ focussed systems are super complex and the car environment requires extremely sophisticated (and expensive) equiptment. First I thought its all marketing and go to some car audio forums and went to a SQ competition. Damnit!

So why am I sharing this and why am i upset. well I'm not really upset. its just that becuase you guys have opened my eyes to good sound reproduction, I'm broke. I hear "sorry for your wallet." thats an understatement. I listenend to a good system and was like....whatever. sounds good. not worth all that extra money. Then I went back to lousy systems. oh man was it bad. now I need a good system in my car, home, and want even more for my portable. I'm also thinking about getting something better for my computer.

the car system, after finding a good price has gone up to 6 grand. Havent spent it yet, but love cars and I will in the next couple months. (slowly, but still it's all going to get in there. I also never knew there were audiophile grade tube amps for mobile enironments)
the portable so far has put me back 1200
the home system I havent even started (I'm afraid my cpa is gonna stab me in the middle of the night.)
now its time to start a nice computer system. I have no idea how much I will be enticed to spend.

All in all its a love/hate relationship with all of you guys/girls who have opened me to a hobby I very much love. People think Im crazy too btw. Oh well...being normal isn't fun.
icon10.gif

Apr 10, 2006 at 5:58 PM Post #3 of 26
i feel the same way too! reading all the bad things about the headphones i own just makes me want to get something better, but when i upgrade, someone will post something bad about the ones i just bought and then i start to notice it too. ARGH! i wish i wasn't so impressionable!

i also wish i could move time back to when i thought ibuds where the shiz. save me the heartache and my wallet.

Apr 10, 2006 at 6:46 PM Post #4 of 26
a portable headphone rig would fix all those problems: you could take it anywhere, enjoy on the computer, and drive with it on...

Apr 10, 2006 at 7:38 PM Post #6 of 26
It is cool you played the oboe. Nothing wrong with being a musician. I played alto saxophone, sang bass in choirs, and also did a lot of musical theater. Our ears being trained for music makes us natural suckers for the Head-Fi way. It makes us even more finicky when it comes to sound quality, which isn't always a good thing. We were warned, though...

Apr 10, 2006 at 7:50 PM Post #7 of 26
pete 7 ur right. the funny thing is that my parents are from India, and I was born here. the only reason I picked the oboe is becasue I wanted to play the snake charmer song so I could poke fun at myself. Lusckily I was also played JV and Varsity soccer....so i never got beat up for it
tongue.gif

Apr 10, 2006 at 8:21 PM Post #8 of 26
Same experience with my elder rig devices: My home audio speakers suck, my car audio sucks, but I don't care and don't upgrade anything 'cause I always keep wearing my Player and my K81s. Or keep sitting and listening to my "big" cans. Really always. And I'm a quiete serious 40 years old family man.

Apr 10, 2006 at 8:50 PM Post #9 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete7
Our ears being trained for music makes us natural suckers for the Head-Fi way. It makes us even more finicky when it comes to sound quality, which isn't always a good thing.

You'd be surprised. I'm in music at a university level, and I don't think I've seen a decent pair of headphones outside of my bedroom in my department. Most people seem to be happy with their stock buds. Although it is pretty funny to see someone carrying around a $250 000 cello with $10 headphones on.

Edit: I'm a sax nerd. Oboe is A-OK. A metal-head friend of mine is an oboe player.

Apr 10, 2006 at 8:55 PM Post #11 of 26
The hell with you too!

(Hey, somebody had to say it.)
evil_smiley.gif

Apr 10, 2006 at 8:56 PM Post #12 of 26
I played the flute.

Sorry but I had to.

Welcome to the forum and stop spending all your cash.

Apr 10, 2006 at 9:00 PM Post #13 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by breadcrumbs
I also played the oboe.

you have raised yourself to a new plateu of cool. We should go pick up chicks now....they love oboe players

Apr 10, 2006 at 9:00 PM Post #14 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus
The hell with you too!

(Hey, somebody had to say it.)
evil_smiley.gif

thats what im talking about....!!!!!!

biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back