The HeadRoom Tours Head-Fi Meets Tour
Apr 14, 2005 at 12:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 153

Tyll Hertsens

Garmentus Vulgaris & Headphoneus Supremus
Member of the Trade: Innerfidelity
Ola HeadFidos!

Some 36 months or so ago, as you may recall, HeadRoom hit the road with our “World of Headphones Tour.” We hit 23 cities in a little over two months and had a hoot of a time. As we analyze the results of the tour we come to a couple of conclusions:

1)It was ridiculously expensive.
2)People loved it.

One of these days, we’re going to not have to worry so much about the expensive part (I’m slowly hatching a scheme), but at the moment we’ve spent a fortune bringing out our new product lines, and we’re working on a new building. So, watching our wallets right now is a good thing. (You however can feel free to open your wallets at any time.) On the other hand, we’ve spent a fortune developing our new products, it would be INSANE not to go out there and let people have a listen. What to do?

“Ah ha!” Sez I to the financial powers that be at HeadRoom, “What about if we can do a tour cheap!”

The indirectly lit conference room was made dimmer yet by the scowls of doubt that ringed the table. I gulped and lunged headlong into the fray.

“Look, those Head-Fi guys are just like me: junkies for new stuff. If we tell them we’ll show off all our new stuff and drag a pile of headphones around for them check out, they’ll help us. Look: how about if we set up at Head-Fi meets, that way we won’t have to pay for expensive conference rooms. I’ll pull my camper behind the van, that way we can save on hotel rooms AND I can cook in the camper that’ll save on restaurant bills. C’mon please, pleasepleaseplease can I go!”

An old, fat, headphone geek with a bald spot must be a pitiful site because they said YES! Now, all I gotta do is convince you guys to give me a hand. (By the way, did I mention we’ll have all our new stuff?) What I’d like to do, with your help, is attend a bunch of Head-Fi meets. I’m not going to promote this on our website, so you won’t have to worry about being over-run with attendees.

Here's the current schedule. Times shown are when I can be there not how long the actual meet lasts; that's up to the host. We’re going to do this in four legs:

Tour 1 Done! See Links!
Detriot, May 20, 5 pm to 9 pm.
Detroit Impressions Thread
My Pictures Post

Chicago, May 21, 1 pm to 6 pm.
Chicago Impressions Thread
My Pictures Post

Minneapolis, May 22, 1pm until 6pm.
Minneapolis Impressions Thread
My Pictures Post
More Pictures

Tour 2

Houston, Texas, Wednesday, June 8
Meet Impressions Thread
My pix post

DC, Sun, June 19, day
Meet Impressions Thread
My pix post

Cincinatti, Sat June 25th.
Meet Impressions Thread
(heh...heh... I did the first post so you can just click on the above link to get my pix.)

Pittsburgh, Sun, June 26, day. 11AM- 6PM
Meet Arraingements Thread
Click for Map:
Comfort Inn
2801 Freeport Road
Pittsburgh, PA

Tour 3

Seattle, Sat, July 30, day
http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=119725

Portland, Tues, Aug 2, evening
http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=122334

Santa Cruz Secret Mini-meet

SF Bay Area, Sat, Aug 6, day
http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=120553

So Cal, Sat, Aug 13, day
http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=109596

Las Vegas Cancelled

Apr 14, 2005 at 5:57 AM Post #2 of 153
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyll Hertsens
....Detriot, May 20, 5 pm to 9 pm. I think Jude is already working on this....

You can find the thread for that upcoming Detroit Meet here:

http://www4.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=115310

A big thanks to jefemeister for asking Wadia to host, and to Wadia for generously agreeing to host us on that Friday night.

Tyll, I'm looking forward to seeing you again, man!

b.gif

Apr 14, 2005 at 1:29 PM Post #6 of 153
Hey Jude, are you going to be at the Wadia meet? It will be cool to meet you.
smily_headphones1.gif

And all the Headroom guys! Wow, I'm starting to get really excited now.
biggrin.gif

Jefemeister - Did you guys finish that listening room that you were working on when we dropped by enroute to the Chicago meet?

Apr 14, 2005 at 2:41 PM Post #7 of 153
Quote:

Tour 2 (the big one)
Florida, Sat, June 11, day

So the purpose of this thread is to flesh out and firm up the location and times, and who’s the contact person for each meet. After which, whoever is running the meet will have to start a threat in the meet organizing forum just like any other meet. I am very willing to be flexible, and can move some things around a bit, but I do have the limitation of moving at 65 mph max when I’m pulling my trailer, and a few of the dates are already firm (Detroit, Chicago, Minneapolis, New York, and Seattle (I have some other personal business there))

Let the fun begin!

Tyll

Tyll,

This is very exciting news. If you show up on June 11 it will be a small meet at my house (I will be the only one present). However, if you can make it on June 4, I think there will be a lot more headfiers around.
biggrin.gif

Mike

Apr 14, 2005 at 4:37 PM Post #9 of 153
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox
Jefemeister - Did you guys finish that listening room that you were working on when we dropped by enroute to the Chicago meet?

Yes. The grounding problem is fixed and therefore the room is fully operational. But a lot of the acoustic treatment in that room belonged to a previous employee and it still needs to be replaced. We'll probably remove the speakers/amps and have the meet in there unless enough people are interested in hearing a 2-ch setup.

Apr 14, 2005 at 7:15 PM Post #10 of 153
Quote:

Ola HeadFidos!

Now it was a pretty informal count, but it’s a starting point. Then we need a rough route and schedule to start from. We’re going to do this in four legs:

Tour 1
Detriot, May 20, 5 pm to 9 pm. I think Jude is already working on this
Chicago, May 21, 1 pm to 6 pm.
Minneapolis, May 22, 1pm until 6pm (I think).This one is already set. Old Pa has organized the festivities.

Tour 2 (the big one)
Texas, Wednesday, June 8, evening.
Florida, Sat, June 11, day
Atlanta, Sun, June 12, day
Carolinas, Wed, June 15, evening
New York, Sat, June 18, day
DC, Sun, June 19, day
Philly, Sat, June 25, day
Pittsburgh, Sun, June 26, day
Cincinatti, Mon, June 27, evening

So the purpose of this thread is to flesh out and firm up the location and times, and who’s the contact person for each meet. After which, whoever is running the meet will have to start a threat in the meet organizing forum just like any other meet. I am very willing to be flexible, and can move some things around a bit, but I do have the limitation of moving at 65 mph max when I’m pulling my trailer, and a few of the dates are already firm (Detroit, Chicago, Minneapolis, New York, and Seattle (I have some other personal business there))

Let the fun begin!

Tyll

eek.gif
blink.gif
WOW!!!

This is awesome. I'll definitely need to attend at least one of these. I'll adjust my work schedule this weekend and see which dates I can make. Looks like the Detroit & Pittsburgh dates should be no prob but I would like to try for the NYC meet as well. Like I said I have to see how things will work out best for me with work.

Apr 14, 2005 at 7:22 PM Post #11 of 153
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jose Perez
I'll definitely need to attend at least one of these. I'll adjust my work schedule this weekend and see which dates I can make. Looks like the Detroit & Pittsburgh dates should be no prob but I would like to try for the NYC meet as well. Like I said I have to see how things will work out best for me with work.

Wow are you going to be a groupie and follow them on tour?
biggrin.gif
tongue.gif

Apr 14, 2005 at 7:26 PM Post #12 of 153
Quote:

Tour 4 (yeah baby!)
UK, Sat, Sep 3, day
Germany, Sat, Sep 10, day
Somewhere else?, Tue, Sep 13, evening

Germany ? Germany ! Where in Germany ?
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 14, 2005 at 8:35 PM Post #14 of 153
Quote:

Originally Posted by lan
Wow are you going to be a groupie and follow them on tour?
biggrin.gif
tongue.gif

Yeah like the Deadheads...or in our case the Headheads

Apr 14, 2005 at 8:53 PM Post #15 of 153
I will be quite embarassed if Tyll wins the NYC door prize of my old banana hanger cosmetic foam cushy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back