The HeadAmp GS-X has landed!
Apr 4, 2007 at 6:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 102

Asr

Headphoneus Supremus
I wouldn't usually do these kinds of threads but this amp is so rarely seen or talked about and so few have it, it deserves some limelight attention! I got mine in today! I spent over 10 minutes unpacking it! Justin is absolutely without a doubt one of the finest amp vendors we have and I'm not just saying that as a HeadAmp fanboy either. His packing jobs are so careful, thorough, and neat that it's obvious he's a perfectionist! And the amplifier oozes both class and grace across every square inch! See for yourself!

gsx_01.jpg

gsx_02.jpg

gsx_03.jpg

gsx_04.jpg

gsx_05.jpg

gsx_06.jpg

gsx_07.jpg

gsx_09.jpg

gsx_10.jpg

gsx_11.jpg

Apr 4, 2007 at 6:29 AM Post #2 of 102
One day I'll be able to afford it too
very_evil_smiley.gif

Congrats! Is it just a balanced version of GS-1 or are there additional tweaks that make it "better"?

Apr 4, 2007 at 6:30 AM Post #3 of 102
Congrats! The finish looks similar to the GLite SE -- the flat black. Is this what you were selling your other stuff for?

It looks like the GS-X does both balanced i/o and single-ended (or is this dual functionalty true for all balanced amps?). This is exactly what I need. I bought a balanced cable for my HD600 but no balanced amp yet (balanced source coming in tomorrow).

Argh, I hate/love you
biggrin.gif
. So, when's the GS-X giveaway? I call dibs.
biggrin.gif

Apr 4, 2007 at 6:39 AM Post #5 of 102
That is an amazing looking amp. I haven't read any reviews particularly pertaining to that model... but given that Justin is a verified genius and based on reviews on his other amps I bet it sounds at least okay! ;p

Slight understatement.

Apr 4, 2007 at 6:40 AM Post #6 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by socrates63 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Congrats! The finish looks similar to the GLite SE -- the flat black. Is this what you were selling your other stuff for?

It looks like the GS-X does both balanced i/o and single-ended (or is this dual functionalty true for all balanced amps?). This is exactly what I need. I bought a balanced cable for my HD600 but no balanced amp yet (balanced source coming in tomorrow).

Argh, I hate/love you
biggrin.gif
. So, when's the GS-X giveaway? I call dibs.
biggrin.gif

Indeed, it's one of three major components that I'm doing the massive sell-off for (well it's not so massive anymore considering I took out the Arcam CDP, heh). This amp is going to be a keeper, it won't leave even my cold dead hands.
tongue.gif
Definitely looking forward to going balanced!

Apr 4, 2007 at 6:48 AM Post #7 of 102
Congrats!

The GS-X has some upgrades such as a better power supply among other things. When I heard it balanced w/ the HD650s it provided awesome texture, dynamics, and mass without losing resolution or refinement. It's fantastic especially in a fully balanced set-up.

One of my favorite SS headphone amps. Agreed, Mr. Wilson is a perfectionist.

Apr 4, 2007 at 7:40 AM Post #10 of 102
alll i can say is WOW! that is amazing... congrats on that rig and amp!

Apr 4, 2007 at 10:02 AM Post #13 of 102
Congratulations!
The improvements when going fully balanced are very noticeable. Enjoy..
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back