The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread
May 7, 2016 at 5:55 PM Post #4,891 of 6,342
Hi,

About the GSX-mk2 I can say that switched on 'H' into the 6,35mm connector the LCD4 is properly driven and you will get what the DAC will give as sound shape.
There is more power out the balanced outputs.

Thx for the reply!

I have the balance cable for LCD4 and only plan on using GSX's balance out only as its the strong point of this amp. The GSX MK2's treble seem to be a bit bright, maybe a good synergy with LCD4's treble which is a bit dark in my opinion. 

May 7, 2016 at 6:18 PM Post #4,893 of 6,342
Sounds great to me. Wish someone can do a detail comparison in between the GSX and Moon 430HA.

May 8, 2016 at 4:43 AM Post #4,895 of 6,342
  Thx for the reply!

I have the balance cable for LCD4 and only plan on using GSX's balance out only as its the strong point of this amp. The GSX MK2's treble seem to be a bit bright, maybe a good synergy with LCD4's treble which is a bit dark in my opinion. 

This bright issue has been reported by Till Hertsens in Innerfidelity GSD-mk2 review who seems to find bright often (reminds me his Abyss report) :wink:
But Tyll added that Justin had worked on this point for the latest version of the amp and I haven't heard treble oversounding with the LCD-4. These headphones play very consistent/textured trebles indeed.

May 9, 2016 at 11:22 PM Post #4,896 of 6,342
This bright issue has been reported by Till Hertsens in Innerfidelity GSD-mk2 review who seems to find bright often (reminds me his Abyss report) :wink:
But Tyll added that Justin had worked on this point for the latest version of the amp and I haven't heard treble oversounding with the LCD-4. These headphones play very consistent/textured trebles indeed.

Definitely not bright...if you find it bright, look to your source or DAC. Get that right and the open window that is the GS-X Mk2 will hit on all cylinders.

Actually the measurements on inner fidelity.com for the GS-X Mk2 look VERY linear and help support the notion that you should be looking upstream:

'http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/HeadAmpGSXmk2.pdf

I've made this amp sound quite different as I changed my DAC through the past few years. It really is an amazing unit and I love using it when I review upstream gear.

May 11, 2016 at 6:08 AM Post #4,897 of 6,342
Ok I finally made a decision to buy the GSX MK2 instead of Moon 430HA......

Gonna use it to drive my LCD4 and TH900. The only thing I concern is the wait time of it, I am hoping Justin can keep his promise and ship the unit out after 4 weeks. As i'm leaving Australia to Africa for 1 to 2 years because of work. Better receive the unit before I leave... :/

May 11, 2016 at 7:16 AM Post #4,898 of 6,342
Hello,

Good choice I think, the GSX-mk2 being based on a nice design for an SS and all discrete components.
High quality handmade work.
Pity the near zero communication.

About delays, expect some 4 months...

May 11, 2016 at 8:28 AM Post #4,899 of 6,342
Hello,

Good choice I think, the GSX-mk2 being based on a nice design for an SS and all discrete components.

Lmao 4 months.........................

May 11, 2016 at 12:28 PM Post #4,901 of 6,342
Having moved overseas several times, I understand your position.  Why not take the stress out of it and try to find a lightly used unit?

Best of luck.

HS

Hard to find a 230V used one... Also my budget is enough so always prefer a brand new unit. :p

May 11, 2016 at 12:32 PM Post #4,902 of 6,342
Been a year since I received mine and I can't even ever imagine wanting a different amp.  It's just a clear window into your source.  If you don't like the GS-X mk2, you don't like your source or your headphones.

May 11, 2016 at 12:33 PM Post #4,903 of 6,342
Hard to find a 230V used one... Also my budget is enough so always prefer a brand new unit. :p

I hope so working in Africa :wink:

Seriously, though, if your time window is that tight then you may want to call the man to see what he says.  I don't know that you're setting yourself up for success and I empathize having lived in Southeast Asia, South America, etc...

Cheers,
HS

May 11, 2016 at 8:12 PM Post #4,904 of 6,342
Hello,

I have an inventory of assembled GS-X mk2 right now, they just need to be tested before shipping. But there is still a little wait (2-3 weeks) as i have large numbers of BHSEs i'm spending time testing and shipping.

HeadAmp Stay updated on HeadAmp at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/HeadAmp https://twitter.com/HeadAmp https://www.instagram.com/headamp/ https://www.headamp.com/ sales@headamp.com
May 11, 2016 at 8:50 PM Post #4,905 of 6,342
I have an inventory of assembled GS-X mk2 right now, they just need to be tested before shipping. But there is still a little wait (2-3 weeks) as i have large numbers of BHSEs i'm spending time testing and shipping.

Awesome! Glad to know this. :wink:

Please leave a silver GSX MK2 for me. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back