The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread
May 28, 2014 at 6:17 AM Post #2,881 of 6,326
  did your fuse blow? the first batch i accidentally undersized the 230v fuses by 20%, so a few eventually blow

Nope. All is good! Just wanted to try replacing the fuse with the hi-fi tuning fuse I have on hand to see if it makes an audible difference. What fuse rating would be optimum for 230V power rating? 

(I'm probably going to get blasted for this but it did make an audible difference in my WA22. Just saying..)

May 28, 2014 at 7:35 AM Post #2,882 of 6,326

Nope. All is good! Just wanted to try replacing the fuse with the hi-fi tuning fuse I have on hand to see if it makes an audible difference. What fuse rating would be optimum for 230V power rating? 

(I'm probably going to get blasted for this but it did make an audible difference in my WA22. Just saying..)

An audiophile fuse?  That sounds like voodoo...  The power of voodoo.  Who do?  You do!

Ahem.  
evil_smiley.gif

May 28, 2014 at 7:59 AM Post #2,883 of 6,326

did your fuse blow? the first batch i accidentally undersized the 230v fuses by 20%, so a few eventually blow

I have a hifi turning gold fuse in my wa-6se too.... Not sure if I hear a difference tho. =p

May 31, 2014 at 10:59 AM Post #2,889 of 6,326
Good news...the custom packaging I was waiting for has shipped or will ship Monday, so i'll have it next week (i think its for both the BHSE and GS-X mk2)

My lcd3 are back from Audeze fazor upgrade as well! Can't waitttttttt. :-D

May 31, 2014 at 4:03 PM Post #2,891 of 6,326
At least not directly on top of each other ... not completely failed
wink.gif
Keeping the units together probably looks nice but defeats the advantage of getting the psu out of the operating housing.
As long as you don't have any audible hum with sensitive headphones, you should be OK though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back