The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread
Jan 10, 2014 at 10:41 PM Post #2,282 of 6,329
I think you got to manage your expectations a little and be VERY patient when you order Headamp amplifiers. Looking at the trend, I think the current batch will be lucky if they can get their GS-X in 4 to 6 months, not to mention the next batch.

I thought I had only been waiting 3 months, then I looked at my order and its actually been since July 13 >< Others have been waiting longer, which is some serious patience...

Jan 11, 2014 at 9:04 AM Post #2,284 of 6,329
  And the wait gives you time to save up for it 
biggrin.gif

Good point there ...
wink.gif

I think you got to manage your expectations a little and be VERY patient when you order Headamp amplifiers. Looking at the trend, I think the current batch will be lucky if they can get their GS-X in 4 to 6 months, not to mention the next batch.

I have some experience with custom shaving brushes from a guy in UK and it can take 3 to 4 weeks to even get an answer on e-mails (after you paid already). So ... I'm in for the next batch and keep looking forward to sonic nirvana, very patiently ... or at least I will try - that patience thing...
redface.gif

Jan 16, 2014 at 3:17 PM Post #2,285 of 6,329
After 5 day of ready thing thread through out. I decide to get the GS-X............
But not sure if Justin is on Vacation or not.

I will put in order when I can know if the new batched is actually started.

P.S.
How is payment worked here? There is only 1/4 deposit option on the website. So do I pay the rest when he ships it, or I pay then each month when he send some updates?

BTW, is there any DACT that has more than 24 steps? I am will to pay for it if it has 48 or even 60 steps~~~

Jan 16, 2014 at 4:58 PM Post #2,286 of 6,329
  After 5 day of ready thing thread through out. I decide to get the GS-X............

P.S.
How is payment worked here? There is only 1/4 deposit option on the website. So do I pay the rest when he ships it, or I pay then each month when he send some updates?

BTW, is there any DACT that has more than 24 steps? I am will to pay for it if it has 48 or even 60 steps~~~

current production batch is sold out months ago, but there might be cancellations that you can take over. otherwise you will have to wait for the next batch, which could be a long wait.

you pay the 1/4 deposit (in your case i would email justin first to make sure there are still amps available before paying). justin will email us 2 weeks or so before shipping for the remaining payment. the dact attenuator only has 24 steps, but remember there are 3 gain settings, so effectively there are 24x3=72 levels (with possible overlap of course)

Jan 16, 2014 at 5:00 PM Post #2,287 of 6,329
Noticed some updates in the BHSE thread. Any love for us justin? :p

Jan 16, 2014 at 7:42 PM Post #2,288 of 6,329

P.S.

LOL, exactely same here ... see Justins post#2275, after I mistakenly was cheering already about being in the 2013 batch
eek.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/t/632948/the-headamp-gs-x-and-gs-x-mk2-thread/2265#post_10152236

The current batch has sold out in Oct. 2013 and it is unlikely that there will be 15 cancellations,
so welcome to club of the 2014 batch
beerchug.gif
Patience is our motto
biggrin.gif

If you have specific questions, you should e-mail Justin directly.

Jan 16, 2014 at 10:31 PM Post #2,289 of 6,329

P.S.

just so you know, that will only extend the wait. there are some other stepped attenuators like the Khozmo that have 48 steps, however they are too large to fit in the GS-X and there are going to be questions of reliability. i'm not going to use anything that hasn't been proven for at least 5 years

HeadAmp Stay updated on HeadAmp at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/HeadAmp https://twitter.com/HeadAmp https://www.instagram.com/headamp/ https://www.headamp.com/ sales@headamp.com
Jan 17, 2014 at 10:16 AM Post #2,291 of 6,329

just so you know, that will only extend the wait. there are some other stepped attenuators like the Khozmo that have 48 steps, however they are too large to fit in the GS-X and there are going to be questions of reliability. i'm not going to use anything that hasn't been proven for at least 5 years

Oh, OK, I think reliability is the key here.
I think I got my money ready. Just want to know if I put my order today or tmr, is the wait time still going to be 12 weeks?
If you have other thing going on and had to delay some batches, I will wait for another 2 month or so and get my DAC first.

BTW,I remember with some tready agreement, if anything is made in US, you can actually skip the custom when you ship it to Canada.
Is that true?

Jan 17, 2014 at 12:26 PM Post #2,292 of 6,329
If you are in the next batch a realistic time-table is more like 6-9 months.

Jan 17, 2014 at 4:41 PM Post #2,293 of 6,329
If you are in the next batch a realistic time-table is more like 6-9 months.

lol, I guess I will put order in May and get it on Xmas then~~~~
Gonna get myself an BDP-105 for my SACD collection first. The old SONY is not gonna cut it.
Also a master7 for my HDVD800.

Guess money saving round 2 starts now :p

Jan 18, 2014 at 5:40 PM Post #2,294 of 6,329
I just got a new HD800 recently, and have been searching for the ultimate amp. Sounds like this may be The One. :)
Gonna do a bit more research on this but it looks like this will be where my amp money will go :wink:
The challenge is finding table space for it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back