The hate on beats, why?
Jan 5, 2013 at 11:32 PM Post #46 of 1,217
Quote:
Thats exactly how I feel. I conducted a small test in college to see how peoples grades where with beats headphones, and most of them were in the F/ D- grade range, while people with Sennheisers/ Audio Technicas and other Good brands usually were in the B+/A range... interesting'

My Grado's were the only ones that made it through college with me after having quite a few Senns and Beyers, those are the C+ students headphones apparently 
smile_phones.gif

Oh I guess my Beyer DT931's made it a couple years past school too.

Jan 5, 2013 at 11:52 PM Post #47 of 1,217
Quote:
and the only reason they're so popular is because they've been endorsed by an ageing gangster rapper that needs cash to fund his steroid addiction because he isn't selling records anymore.

I just had to comment here because of this. I disagree with Beats being popular because of Dr. Dre endorsing them. Fact is Dr. Dre isn't a big name anymore in music, at least not in the public eye. Beats are popular because they look stylish, they have ridiculously good marketing, and you see them EVERYWHERE. Since most people don't really have any education regarding sound quality, the average joe hears a bass overload and automatically loves Beats, another reason they are popular.

As for Dr. Dre not selling records anymore, that's just flat out wrong. He may not sell records with HIS name on them, but he owns Aftermath records where Eminem, 50 Cent, and recently Kendrick Lemar. Eminem's last album went 4X platinum, 50 Cent went gold, and Kendrick Lemar is gold with an album that just came out at the end of October (also a critically praised album). Dre is one of the most successful rappers/producers of all time, and although a huge chunk of his earnings come from Beats, he still makes a good amount off of music releases.

Jan 6, 2013 at 5:04 PM Post #48 of 1,217
Quote:
Detox costs ~450$
I mean, how stupid can you get? 
atsmile.gif

It isn't even funny anymore how good they are selling these headphones just because they are expensive and "prestigious" 

Right... Why exactly? Because Sir Mr. Dr. Dre wears them? Because the other 100 celebrities gets paid a lot to wear them?

And right Detox... Well following the consumer logic, it is more expensive, so it must be better! Although I highly believe they are repainted Pros 
beyersmile.png

Jan 10, 2013 at 12:56 PM Post #49 of 1,217
i really do hate how people can diss beats, granted they ent the best audio manufacturer but they are far from the bottom, and compared to price range on some of the headphones i aspire to buy they are far from expensive. i own a pair of beats solos HDs among sennheiser cans and buds and i have to say the beats are quite impressive, but id like you to bear in mind i amplify all my headphones using Fiio amps, i know i wont command alot of respect as a new user with beats BUT DAMMM i look good with them on :wink:

Jan 10, 2013 at 3:10 PM Post #53 of 1,217
I think they're popular because it convinces certain people that they will be accepted by their peers, pretty obvious, actually. If it was cool to wear a tampon as an eye patch, we'd see a lot of young people with tampons on their faces...come to think of it, a lot of people do say the Beats' sloppy and excessive bass bleeds into the other frequencies (gross pun intended). New thread idea: "Beats tampon mod thread." I kill myself sometimes.

Jan 10, 2013 at 3:12 PM Post #54 of 1,217
I swear it's the next T50RP...get on board people - I've already trademarked the name "Thundercrotch Mod."

Jan 10, 2013 at 3:23 PM Post #55 of 1,217
Jan 10, 2013 at 4:40 PM Post #56 of 1,217
I won't purchase any Monster product on principal and Beats is the perfect illustration. Monster has made a mint selling criminally overpriced garbage to the uninformed. I don't hate the headphones or their owners, I just feel the same pity for them as I do for the guy paying $75 for a 6 foot HDMI cable at Best Buy.

Jan 10, 2013 at 5:00 PM Post #57 of 1,217
Quote:
I won't purchase any Monster product on principal and Beats is the perfect illustration. Monster has made a mint selling criminally overpriced garbage to the uninformed. I don't hate the headphones or their owners, I just feel the same pity for them as I do for the guy paying $75 for a 6 foot HDMI cable at Best Buy.

That was me at Best Buy, They were on sale for $11, that why I was buying them.  I bought 4 of them actually.  I'm not kidding either!!!

Jan 10, 2013 at 5:20 PM Post #59 of 1,217
Quote:
That was me at Best Buy, They were on sale for $11, that why I was buying them.  I bought 4 of them actually.  I'm not kidding either!!!

:)  good one, of course you could have had the same cable from mono price for $3, :p

I personally avoid all monster products simply because i hate them for ripping people off.  It is no longer a "quality" issue for me, i would not buy a product from Monster at any price.  I place them in the same group as Monsanto, would never do business with them out of principle.

edit: spelling

Jan 10, 2013 at 5:21 PM Post #60 of 1,217

Users who are viewing this thread

Back