The hate on beats, why?
Jan 4, 2013 at 4:22 PM Post #31 of 1,217

Jan 5, 2013 at 3:13 AM Post #34 of 1,217
I remember a few weeks ago I went to this one lady's house to get my hair braided.. her son classified himself as a studio "artist" and I asked him abruptly " What kind of headphones do you use to mix with?" And he replied with: " I use Beats"....Disgusted I flashed a smile...and remained silent.... my inner voice telling me to not tell him how garbage beats are...and that any artist that knows anything about music would know that you should get flat sounding studio headphones to monitor music with....... I tried as hard as I could to keep my mouth shut, but I couldnt... I told him: " Dude...why would you use beats?? Have you ever heard of Audio Technica, or Sennheiser?? They make amazing headphones, your Beats just add artificial bass." He looked at me sideways and simply said: "nope".... I drew the line here and didnt say anything else... no sense in trying to convert the damned.....

One thing I am almost 110% sure about though... is that the "music" he was creating would most likely sound like complete $h*@

Jan 5, 2013 at 5:09 AM Post #35 of 1,217
When the Sol Republics came out, they were honest and attacking Beats.  They also sound much better for 1/3 of the price.  That's what people should be getting if they're looking at Beats.  They make rap and newer tearout style dubstep/drum & bass sound ridiculous.  Not audiophile but I do like the sound signature of them when I'm messed up.

Jan 5, 2013 at 5:30 AM Post #36 of 1,217
Lol I'm pretty sure this has been repeated, but I would perfectly respect them if all the Beats models cost a third of their original price, and if Beats themselves didn't label their headphones as being "what the artist wants you to hear."

Jan 5, 2013 at 12:04 PM Post #38 of 1,217
Thats exactly how I feel. I conducted a small test in college to see how peoples grades where with beats headphones, and most of them were in the F/ D- grade range, while people with Sennheisers/ Audio Technicas and other Good brands usually were in the B+/A range... interesting'

Jan 5, 2013 at 1:43 PM Post #39 of 1,217
Quote:
Thats exactly how I feel. I conducted a small test in college to see how peoples grades where with beats headphones, and most of them were in the F/ D- grade range, while people with Sennheisers/ Audio Technicas and other Good brands usually were in the B+/A range... interesting'

One more datum for your chart

-Owned 2 pairs of Sennheiser's
-Loving my HD 595's for the last 1,5 years
-First Semester of college, after never finishing highschool (no school in 3 years, half of what most come in with)
-B's
-only people I saw/heard complaining of poor grades/hard courses (which were all easy) were Beats/Apple owners 

99.8% of the headphones I see on campus are one of 4 things too, Bose, Beats, SOUL, or stock buds.

I don't care for the beats at all because I feel like, after everything I've heard/seen/tried/, the beats are ~100-150 dollars overpriced for their sound. Not to mention, almost every single person I've seen wearing/defending them has never researched anything else, and looks/sounds/acts like a completely mindless tool. 

I don't like the SOUL's either, though I'm not sure what specific model it was I had tried. The price wasn't terrible but I had tried them on in a campus bookstore, running off my Galaxy S3.... The sound was unimpressive. I heard mud. Mud everywhere. They were just dull and unenjoyable. And they weren't all that comfortable either. Much better in price, so I'm slightly more accepting.

Jan 5, 2013 at 2:30 PM Post #41 of 1,217
The bass is even that great for 200 bucks. Forget about everything else as well.

At that point its pretty much a 200$ fashion statement. If you can find a working model for say 70--80 bucks, they might be so-so, but since the lowest price I've ever seen them go was 180 bucks I don't think thats ever going to happen.

Same thing with beats pro, don't get me wrong they're okay headphones, but for 400 bucks you could do far better.

Jan 5, 2013 at 4:03 PM Post #42 of 1,217
We don't hate beats because they are expensive. We hate the Beats because they are Overpriced. If I could afford a pair of Sennheiser HD 700s, I would get them immediately, and that's going over 1K $. Next, we get angry because a lot of people get scammed into buying beats and then brag about it and we get called out for not wearing Beats. With Beats you are basically paying for the brand names.

Thats very true! Also people who dont know about good quality cans often confuse price with sound quality, high price doesnt mean amazing sound quality look at Superlux for example they have awesome cans at really reasonable prices, if Dr Dre cans were cheaper and didnt lie to people about "hearing all the music" then it wouldnt be that bad

Jan 5, 2013 at 5:39 PM Post #45 of 1,217
Detox costs ~450$
I mean, how stupid can you get? 
atsmile.gif

It isn't even funny anymore how good they are selling these headphones just because they are expensive and "prestigious" 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back