The hate on beats, why?
May 23, 2014 at 3:39 AM Post #753 of 1,217
Today on TV I've seen two of our top sportsmen, cricket captain Brendan McCullum and NBA baller Steven Adams, with top of the line Beats around their necks. So cliche and unoriginal. Probably got them for free from the Beats marketing department. Beats truly are a triumph of style over substance.

May 23, 2014 at 4:46 AM Post #754 of 1,217
I'm willing to bet the markup is somewhere around 20,000%

I think it would be 1500% at most. 

Today on TV I've seen two of our top sportsmen, cricket captain Brendan McCullum and NBA baller Steven Adams, with top of the line Beats around their necks. So cliche and unoriginal. Probably got them for free from the Beats marketing department. Beats truly are a triumph of style over substance.

Back in the 2012 London Olympics, Beats weren't an official sponsor, so they gave the athletes a pair of Studios for free to use on camera.

This dude in particular though:

One pair especially caught my eye; a fully white Beats Studio.

The original white Studios had black cushions, grey frame interior and a red Beats logo. But on this one, they were all white like they were on the monochrome white Solo HD.

May 23, 2014 at 4:52 AM Post #755 of 1,217
I'm willing to bet the markup is somewhere around 20,000%

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised.

For that kind of money, they better sound better than having the band play me a private gig - how on earth they can justify those kind of prices is beyond me - never mind the kind of customer that actually pulls the trigger on a pair 
blink.gif

May 23, 2014 at 4:53 AM Post #756 of 1,217

classic beats tried and tested celebrity endorsements.

May 23, 2014 at 4:59 AM Post #757 of 1,217

Back in the 2012 London Olympics, Beats weren't an official sponsor, so they gave the athletes a pair of Studios for free to use on camera.

The original white Studios had black cushions, grey frame interior and a red Beats logo. But on this one, they were all white like they were on the monochrome white Solo HD.

yeah, beats circumvented paying advertising fees to the Olympic committee and after an enquiry, likely caused by other brands that actually paid millions to advertise, it was concluded that beats were not liable for any fees or fines because the headphones they freebied away to athletes technically were the athletes own personal property that they chose to relax with between events.

Beats effectively found the Olympic advertising loophole by their default method of product placement marketing.

May 23, 2014 at 5:00 AM Post #758 of 1,217

These white studio's look great, but..
Ever seen the beats pro all white? I'm not talking about the regular beats pro whites, I really mean ALL WHITE.
Last week I checked every photo on their Instagram (I was bored) and saw custom pro's, all white.
They might not sound the best, but in my eyes beats do look the best (although I find Audeze to be very close, especially the LCD-X)

May 23, 2014 at 5:36 AM Post #760 of 1,217

These white studio's look great, but..
Ever seen the beats pro all white? I'm not talking about the regular beats pro whites, I really mean ALL WHITE.
Last week I checked every photo on their Instagram (I was bored) and saw custom pro's, all white.
They might not sound the best, but in my eyes beats do look the best (although I find Audeze to be very close, especially the LCD-X)

I know what you mean; it's like their full black one but the opposite.

EXgeKiR.jpg

The LCD-X to be honest looks like someone used a circular BBQ grill as inspiration. But that's just me.

May 23, 2014 at 5:52 AM Post #761 of 1,217
  I know what you mean; it's like their full black one but the opposite.

EXgeKiR.jpg

The LCD-X to be honest looks like someone used a circular BBQ grill as inspiration. But that's just me.

I really hate the all black beats pro, just because I paid 100 euro's extra for my detox, and now they bring out a full black one for the normal price..

You're right about the grill haha, but for some reason I still love the looks.

May 23, 2014 at 8:39 AM Post #763 of 1,217
  I really hate the all black beats pro, just because I paid 100 euro's extra for my detox, and now they bring out a full black one for the normal price..

You're right about the grill haha, but for some reason I still love the looks.

But the Detox ones say "Dr. Dre Detox" on the back of the headband! That's definitely worth the extra €100, right? Besides, the Detox has a black Beats logo as well. The full black Pros have a silver one, making it more obvious that you have swag.

May 23, 2014 at 9:32 AM Post #765 of 1,217

Users who are viewing this thread

Back