The hate on beats, why?
May 20, 2014 at 11:26 AM Post #586 of 1,217
Yeah...I know. Having read the story over five times already, it really pisses me off to see how they got screwed over by the monolith known as Interscope. Monster was in bad times...luckily they've bounced back with excellent headphones of their own.

Monster didn't get screwed by beats - Monster screwed themselves or should I say the owners son who went behind dads back spending millions on R&D for beats headphones when dad had already declined the deal beats originally offered.

By the time dad found out what sonny boy had done, millions had been spent and he had to take up the deal just to recover his sons unauthorised expenditure.

Beats just took up a deal Monster had officially originally declined.

May 20, 2014 at 11:31 AM Post #587 of 1,217
Monster didn't get screwed by beats - Monster screwed themselves or should I say the owners son who went behind dads back spending millions on R&D for beats headphones when dad had already declined the deal beats originally offered.

By the time dad found out what sonny boy had done, millions had been spent and he had to take up the deal just to recover his sons unauthorised expenditure.

Beats just took up a deal Monster had officially originally declined.
I would have just redid the cosmetics on them by taking off the b and painting over beats by Dre... That would have been smarter... But, then they wouldn't have beats' marketing expertise...

May 20, 2014 at 11:35 AM Post #588 of 1,217

Right... Why exactly? Because Sir Mr. Dr. Dre wears them? Because the other 100 celebrities gets paid a lot to wear them?

And right Detox... Well following the consumer logic, it is more expensive, so it must be better! Although I highly believe they are repainted Pros 
beyersmile.png

I can confirm that these are just repainted pro's,
but hey, they are 100 bucks more so they must be better!
~ My way of thinking, a year ago

May 20, 2014 at 11:37 AM Post #589 of 1,217
I say sz2000 is probably the coolest box unwrapping I've ever seen. The blue velvet is just a sophisticated touch and makes you feel like they are special. (unfortunately, they don't have anything that indicates they'd be special in the bassy way, except for the inside of them...) and vant... I couldn't agree more!

Best unboxing of cansI've experienced is the AUDEZE LCD-X supplied in their own hard plastic valved brief case - pretty cool :cool: as so they should be for what they cost.

May 20, 2014 at 11:45 AM Post #590 of 1,217
I can confirm that these are just repainted pro's,
but hey, they are 100 bucks more so they must be better!
~ My way of thinking, a year ago

Well when I bought my Detox, they came with a certificate that gave invitation to go for tea and biscuits for an hour with dre himself.

I've used my certificate already and was severely disappointed - dre just kept droning on about his days in NWA and scoffed all the custard creams!

Outrageous ! ::mad: :rolleyes: :D :wink:

But yeah, I knew the Detox were no different sounding than standard Pro's - I just liked the all black Detox color scheme - please, don't judge me - they make me happy :p

Whether or not you would pay the Detox limited edition price is down to the individual, but for me I made an informed choice - I wasn't duped into thinking the sound or build quality or whatever was in any way higher - I just dig the look of the beasts :)

DSC_0930.jpg

DSC_0910.jpg

DSC_0896.jpg

Aren't they just super looking cool? :cool: :p :D :)

May 20, 2014 at 11:46 AM Post #591 of 1,217
Best unboxing of cansI've experienced is the AUDEZE LCD-X supplied in their own hard plastic valved brief case - pretty cool :cool: as so they should be for what they cost.

and CB just has money to waste I guess... Lol. I wish I had a disposable income! You collect headphones that cost hundreds of dollars, and have many, many, many, many, many limited editions... I always love your posts. Its like Barry Weiss off of storage wars. He always drives a new car each episode. You post a new pair of headphones often. Its amazing to see such a consolidation of wonderful things. (and you make good remixes too!)

May 20, 2014 at 11:52 AM Post #592 of 1,217
Well when I bought my Detox, they came with a certificate that gave invitation to go for tea and biscuits for an hour with dre himself.

I've used my certificate already and was severely disappointed - dre just kept droning on about his days in NWA and scoffed all the custard creams!

Outrageous ! :
mad.gif
rolleyes.gif
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

But yeah, I knew the Detox were no different sounding than standard Pro's - I just liked the all black Detox color scheme - please, don't judge me - they make me happy
tongue.gif

Whether or not you would pay the Detox limited edition price is down to the individual, but for me I made an informed choice - I wasn't duped into thinking the sound or build quality or whatever was in any way higher - I just dig the look of the beasts
smily_headphones1.gif

I also own the detox haha, even sold my pro's for them, knowing they sound the same. They have this magical feeling, I don't know what. Probably because they're limited edition. Paid a premium price of 549 euro's though.. That's over 750USD.
But for the price they sound really crappy, selling them at the moment so I can buy a Mad Dog by Mr Speakers, but nobody seems interested in Beats anymore >.<

May 20, 2014 at 11:57 AM Post #593 of 1,217
I also own the detox haha, even sold my pro's for them, knowing they sound the same. They have this magical feeling, I don't know what. Probably because they're limited edition. Paid a premium price of 549 euro's though.. That's over 750USD.
But for the price they sound really crappy, selling them at the moment so I can buy a Mad Dog by Mr Speakers, but nobody seems interested in Beats anymore >.<
750$??? I thought they were 500$??? Whao. You could have gotten a used Beyerdynamic t1.

May 20, 2014 at 11:58 AM Post #594 of 1,217
750$??? I thought they were 500$??? Whao. You could have gotten a used Beyerdynamic t1.

Well, they were 549 euro's, which is equal to 750 USD at the moment
Headphones are a lot more expensive over here in Europe :frowning2:

May 20, 2014 at 12:02 PM Post #595 of 1,217
Best unboxing of cansI've experienced is the AUDEZE LCD-X supplied in their own hard plastic valved brief case - pretty cool
cool.gif
as so they should be for what they cost.

​

I wanna run around with that box dressed in my winter gear and run around 
Screaming Allahu Akbar...Allahu AKBAR!!!!!

You can take over unders on  time to someone calling cops, time to arrest, time to someone pulling their weapon and getting irked at my waving around an Audeze case and yelling in busted up  Islamic dialect.

/off topic

May 20, 2014 at 12:04 PM Post #596 of 1,217

I think resale of beats is a problem due to a lot of fake beats being sold on the second hand market passed off as originals, so the prospective second user beats pro buyer may be unwilling to chance his/her cash incase they get a very convincing looking dud :frowning2:

Good luck in selling them anyway - if you still have original bill of sale and have registered the serial number on beats official site, then advertising this could be a winner for you?

May 20, 2014 at 12:09 PM Post #597 of 1,217
I think resale of beats is a problem due to a lot of fake beats being sold on the second hand market passed off as originals, so the prospective second user beats pro buyer may be unwilling to chance his/her cash incase they get a very convincing looking dud
frown.gif

Good luck in selling them anyway - if you still have original bill of sale and have registered the serial number on beats official site, then advertising this could be a winner for you?

That's exactly the problem yeah. Every day I get multiple people mailing me "What?! 350 euro's!? Here's someone selling them for 100! Did you make a typo?"

Thanks for wishing me luck.
Oh and the serial number? It's a huge joke. You can put anything in there that's 10 digits, like HFRULES123. Just give it a try haha.

http://www.marktplaats.nl/a/audio-tv-en-foto/koptelefoons-en-headsets/m810264169-beats-by-dre-pro-detox-origineel-compleet-met-bon.html?c=8c285449651fa109c354bbabe740c1b&previousPage=lr

This is my advertisement (I have it on multiple sites, but this one seems to attract the most people). It's all in dutch so you probably won't get it, but take a look at the pictures, they're great pictures right?! I even have a picture of the invoice!

May 20, 2014 at 12:09 PM Post #598 of 1,217

I wanna run around with that box dressed in my winter gear and run around 
Screaming Allahu Akbar...Allahu AKBAR!!!!!

You can take over unders on  time to someone calling cops, time to arrest, time to someone pulling their weapon and getting irked at my waving around an Audeze case and yelling in busted up  Islamic dialect.

/off topic

HaHa - you'll bring Japan into anarchy - especially if you've got your SZ2000's thumping out the bass....

Cops: "step away from the briefcase and put your hands on your headphones"

You: huh?

Cops: "dude....turn off the music already"

You: "huh?"

Cops: "(sigh) it's gonna be a long day ahead of us...."

:D

May 20, 2014 at 12:17 PM Post #599 of 1,217
Best unboxing of cansI've experienced is the AUDEZE LCD-X supplied in their own hard plastic valved brief case - pretty cool :cool: as so they should be

Looks like 'THE Football' Do you need two security codes to open it?

May 20, 2014 at 12:18 PM Post #600 of 1,217
That's exactly the problem yeah. Every day I get multiple people mailing me "What?! 350 euro's!? Here's someone selling them for 100! Did you make a typo?"

Thanks for wishing me luck.
Oh and the serial number? It's a huge joke. You can put anything in there that's 10 digits, like HFRULES123. Just give it a try haha.

http://www.marktplaats.nl/a/audio-tv-en-foto/koptelefoons-en-headsets/m810264169-beats-by-dre-pro-detox-origineel-compleet-met-bon.html?c=8c285449651fa109c354bbabe740c1b&previousPage=lr

This is my advertisement (I have it on multiple sites, but this one seems to attract the most people). It's all in dutch so you probably won't get it, but take a look at the pictures, they're great pictures right?! I even have a picture of the invoice!

All looks good to me, nice pics though I can't read the invoice, but it shows your clear intent that they are originals. Maybe some shots of the cans more closer up and what condition would you regard them in? - if pristine then state it, or if any minor scuffs state this too with pics so people can see for themselves - all goes to reinforce you are selling genuine product.

Unsure why you couldn't register your Detox's - I registered mine without any probs?

All I can suggest is stand your ground with people who shout down your asking price and push the fact that yours are the real deal and not cheap fakes that of course get sold cheaply, if they want fakes then they got the wrong place. That's my approach anyway if in your position :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back