The Grado HF2--It's For Real
Jul 4, 2009 at 7:55 PM Post #2,551 of 2,859
I'm still at a bit of a loss to how this happened, with the F1 and all. The original 24 were correct, so whatever template they used was right from the get go. This means they either went with a different engraver or the engraver used a different template... and I'm lost as to why that would happen, unless they got a cheaper quote from another engraver.

Only other option is that JG actually reads this thread and decided to play a joke on the people talking about the "blurry" cups... ha ha. ha...... ha.

Jul 4, 2009 at 7:59 PM Post #2,552 of 2,859
some people want matching HF-1 and 2. I am not worried, but some are.

Jul 4, 2009 at 8:35 PM Post #2,554 of 2,859
Guys, if you truly love something, you should never, ever criticize it.

This is America. If you don't like it, you can leave.
deadhorse.gif

(The horse represents John Grado, who is wearing an authentic Head-F1 HF-2. The stick represents verbal missiles of hate, and the person wielding the stick represents society. So now you can see what you're really doing.)

Jul 4, 2009 at 9:02 PM Post #2,555 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiComm4 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Guys, if you truly love something, you should never, ever criticize it.

This is America. If you don't like it, you can leave.
deadhorse.gif

(The horse represents John Grado, who is wearing an authentic Head-F1 HF-2. The stick represents your verbal missiles of hate, and the person wielding the stick represents society. So now you can see what you're really doing.)

From what I have read about Grado on Head-Fi they are like American cars, nice comfy ride when everythings works but crapy finish and bad reliability. Love it or leave it. I am little scared to order PS1000.

Jul 4, 2009 at 9:02 PM Post #2,556 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by tintin47 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If they are barely checking them before they leave the factory, what guarantee do you have that the sound is as it should be in any of them? I would say that you are nuts if you don't see the engraving issue as an indicator of possible other problems.

Or perhaps all their QC, whatever little there is, concentrates on the sound and a cosmetic thing like this managed to slip past especially because they are swarmed with headphone orders ATM. Or who knows, perhaps they really are just sloppy as you indicate, we'll see. As I said, if there appear any reports about inconsistent sound, I really start to worry especially because I live in EU and returning them back to USA isnt exactly cheap or easy. That would make me very angry too. But Im trying to be optimistic here (or just naive?).

Jul 4, 2009 at 10:45 PM Post #2,557 of 2,859
I think we should wait an see and Todd and JG (speaking through Todd) have to say regarding this F1 mistake.

Then as Maza said for european members it becomes a pain in the ass to have to ship them back and it is also expensive to do so...

Jul 4, 2009 at 11:19 PM Post #2,558 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by ucsf2012 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So how do they SOUND? What're they most comparable to?

They sound fantastic, really very good indeed. Huge full-bodied sound, well-balanced, very good soundstage, great bass impact, revealing of source, really very nice.

Jul 4, 2009 at 11:23 PM Post #2,559 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by Markj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
From what I have read about Grado on Head-Fi they are like American cars, nice comfy ride when everythings works but crapy finish and bad reliability. Love it or leave it. I am little scared to order PS1000.

This is a bit silly. My Grado phones have lasted for quite a while. I think Grado just puts sound above looks. Function > Form.

But in my own experience, they hold up very well.

Jul 5, 2009 at 12:00 AM Post #2,560 of 2,859
I personally think it's not okay that these were just shipped out without warning. I'm assuming someone, at least one person, at Grado Labs saw the mistake and the decision was made to send them anyway for whatever reason. If some people are okay with it, then that's fine, but at this point I do think folks should be given some options. I'm going to assume that someone has contacted Todd, and he and, hopefully, John Grado can come up with answers and possible solutions, and post what they've come up with before any more are shipped out.

I took a closer look at mine (#11) when I got home today. There is a very small amount of glue on the wood near driver on the right, but that's it.

As far as this thread goes, every one should feel free to express an opinion, but a couple posts here are activating the troll sensors. Let's not go down that road.

Jul 5, 2009 at 12:43 AM Post #2,561 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I personally think it's not okay that these were just shipped out without warning. I'm assuming someone, at least one person, at Grado Labs saw the mistake and the decision was made to send them anyway for whatever reason. If some people are okay with it, then that's fine, but at this point I do think folks should be given some options. I'm going to assume that someone has contacted Todd, and he and, hopefully, John Grado can come up with answers and possible solutions, and post what they've come up with before any more are shipped out.

I took a closer look at mine (#11) when I got home today. There is a very small amount of glue on the wood near driver on the right, but that's it.

As far as this thread goes, every one should feel free to express an opinion, but a couple posts here are activating the troll sensors. Let's not go down that road.

That's the amusing part, he took the week-end off.
regular_smile .gif

Jul 5, 2009 at 1:46 AM Post #2,563 of 2,859
Quote:

Let's look on the Bright side, now that they don't seem Blurry, you can actually read what they say!

Jul 5, 2009 at 1:49 AM Post #2,564 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drumonron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey listen, America was built on people with strong values and ethics, some of the ethics are instilled deeply in our culture though some have let them tumble away. It's easy to say, "If you don't like it , leave it"....blah blah....our forefathers NEVER took this approach, they stayed, said they didn't like the taxation without representation and changed this country to what it is now-they fought for and created what we enjoy today. They didn't pack up and go back to England, Italy, Ireland, Scotland, China, etc....they were the squeaky wheel that demanded oil.

So please don't lecture to me about leaving my country, chief, please.

I know that your post had little thought behind it but, what with this being Independence day and all, couldn't resist an open door.

Peace

atsmile.gif

Umm... I could be wrong, but I am 90% sure that he was joking.

Jul 5, 2009 at 1:53 AM Post #2,565 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by tintin47 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Umm... I could be wrong, but I am 90% sure that he was joking.

Clearly, he was.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pearljam5000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
PLEASE more impressions regarding the sound,help me decide
happy_face1.gif

X2

Quote:

C'mon now, there's nothing wrong with a little bit of healthy free debate now, is there?....sssooo.....put away your troll sensor now. E-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g is going to be o-k-a-y....put...away...the troll sensor. The fireworks are in the sky .... say the following words....
....oooohhhhhh....good
....ahhhhhhhhh....excellent
now.....oooohhhhhh!!!

Pretty lights, big booom!

*Happy 4th*

beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back