The Grado HF2--It's For Real
Jun 18, 2009 at 6:39 PM Post #1,847 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by DoYouRight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey, so you dont have to change the cable to put a SE Balanced XLR on a cable? THATS AWESOME I thought Id need a whole new recable.

Like most (all?) Grados, the HF2 has 4 or more conductors, which means you can just chop and reterminate.

Jun 18, 2009 at 6:49 PM Post #1,848 of 2,859
Great news! Thank you, Todd, and I'm hoping to be in on the first shipment.

Also, when do you expect the order cutoff to be? Interest will jump once a few more of these hit the street.

Jun 18, 2009 at 6:50 PM Post #1,849 of 2,859
Thanks for the info, Todd. Also, damn. I am probably in the high 100s, so at least 3 weeks wait.

Jun 18, 2009 at 6:57 PM Post #1,851 of 2,859
I'm probably in the fourth batch... that puts me at a five to six week wait? The fourth week of July is a long ways off with no other headphones to listen to... Dammit, why didn't I just do the irresponsible thing and order before I knew that I'd be able to pay for them!

Ugh, considering canceling my order and buying another can...

EDIT: Well the roll call thread only has 230 posts in it, many of which aren't official posts. So that puts around 125-135 buyers who haven't posted in that thread that they were buying... depending on if the majority of those were before or after CanJam I might be 200+, maybe even in the 250+ batch. Six or seven more weeks with no headphones but the KSC75s don't seem like its worth the wait. Time to see if their are any good deals in the for sale forums!

Jun 18, 2009 at 7:04 PM Post #1,852 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by cheemo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thank you Todd for the update! Any possibility of posting the screen names and what order they fall in the queue?

Perhaps some people don't want their purchases made public. I'm also guessing the man has other things to do instead of typing up name lists, or answering a slew of emails asking, "Am I first? Am I next?" I think most intelligent folks can ballpark from when they ordered (i.e., the first day, first couple days, or later on).

Quote:

Originally Posted by UglyJoe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm probably in the fourth batch... that puts me at a five to six week wait? The fourth week of July is a long ways off with no other headphones to listen to... Dammit, why didn't I just do the irresponsible thing and order before I knew that I'd be able to pay for them!

Ugh, considering canceling my order and buying another can...

Why? Do you want to compound your one ooops (though I do respect financial responsibility) with another? I'll gladly donate some stock earbuds to help you out.

Jun 18, 2009 at 7:08 PM Post #1,853 of 2,859
Nice news! I hope I am in the first batch too. That means my # would be <=70 which is not bad at all
biggrin.gif

Jun 18, 2009 at 7:14 PM Post #1,854 of 2,859
I totally understand and respect the confidentiality of the members and that Todd has great customer service and I know he is trying to get these cans to buyers ASAP.

I ordered the same day they were offered so I guess I will peg myself in the first or second batch.

Jun 18, 2009 at 7:26 PM Post #1,855 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why? Do you want to compound your one ooops (though I do respect financial responsibility) with another? I'll gladly donate some stock earbuds to help you out.

Thanks, but I've got the 75s to see me through... sorta. Meh, if I could just sell my classical guitar I'd buy a Stax system and say the heck with it. I'm just whining more than anything, obv. No deals I'm really interested in on the FS forums anyway...

Jun 18, 2009 at 8:13 PM Post #1,859 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by vpivinylspinner /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A Head-fier did them for me and did absolutely fantastic work.

Ah, thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Todd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HI All,

Here is the shipping schedule for the HF-2.
<snip>

Todd, thanks for the update.
Just a couple more weeks then and more impressions should begin to appear around here.
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back