The Grado HF2--It's For Real
Jun 18, 2009 at 1:56 PM Post #1,831 of 2,859
Oh NO! I was polishing my hf2s with a disc grinder (superfine disc) and all the lettering was gone when I was done! What I thought these letters were permanent?

Jun 18, 2009 at 2:10 PM Post #1,832 of 2,859
You probably just rubbed off the protective shipping lettering protection and now you need to grind deeper to hit the real lettering.

Common mistake.

Jun 18, 2009 at 2:11 PM Post #1,833 of 2,859
The first fake one?
biggrin.gif
, so, that rumour about Chinese made must be correct
tongue.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh NO! I was polishing my hf2s with a disc grinder (superfine disc) and all the lettering was gone when I was done! What I thought these letters were permanent?

Jun 18, 2009 at 3:19 PM Post #1,835 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by vpivinylspinner /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My Loooong wait is finally over. I had to wait since last Friday to pick up my balanced HF-2s as I have been out of town and the wait has been almost unbearable.
biggrin.gif

http://home.comcast.net/~jakkar/HF2Bal.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by vpivinylspinner /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They just have new 4 pins on the end of the stock cables and the last bit of the single ended cable re-terminated to use as an adapter.

Sweet!
gs1000.gif

But who performed the re-termination? Grado, TTVJ, yourself, or someone else?

Jun 18, 2009 at 3:25 PM Post #1,836 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sweet!
gs1000.gif

But who performed the re-termination? Grado, TTVJ, yourself, or someone else?

A Head-fier did them for me and did absolutely fantastic work.

I will let him decide if he wants to brag on them as I don't want to get him swamped with cable PMs.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 18, 2009 at 3:29 PM Post #1,837 of 2,859
Hey, so you dont have to change the cable to put a SE Balanced XLR on a cable? THATS AWESOME I thought Id need a whole new recable.

Jun 18, 2009 at 3:41 PM Post #1,838 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You need to include smilies in your post because dry humor doesn't come across well on these forums. Look at how many people took the plastic cup and SR-80 driver thing seriously. You are the
devil_face.gif

Jun 18, 2009 at 3:47 PM Post #1,839 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by DoYouRight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey, so you dont have to change the cable to put a SE Balanced XLR on a cable? THATS AWESOME I thought Id need a whole new recable.

If the stock cable has 4 separate conductors, then it can just be reterminated.

Jun 18, 2009 at 3:54 PM Post #1,841 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by MadMan007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You need to include smilies in your post because dry humor doesn't come across well on these forums. Look at how many people took the plastic cup and SR-80 driver thing seriously. You are the
devil_face.gif

I posted that it was a joke just a few posts later. If someone needs the
smily_headphones1.gif
to get something that absurd, not much I can do.

That said, I put the lettering back on my hf2s with a dremel. So no harm no foul.

Jun 18, 2009 at 6:10 PM Post #1,842 of 2,859
HI All,

Here is the shipping schedule for the HF-2.

Starting next week Grado Labs will be shipping me 50 HF-2s a week until all of the orders are fulfilled. I in turn will ship them out immediately to the first 50 on the list and so on. This represents a 1 week delay in the original start up date and less headphones per week than originally anticipated. BUT the ball is rolling and both Grado Labs and TTVJ will do our best to keep your wait as short as possible. It will also take 5 business days for the headphones to get to me so factor that in.

Originally it looked like there would be larger shipments but Grado Labs has been swamped with orders for their regular products. Therefore they are working hard - even overtime to get 50 HF-2 a week out to me and work on getting caught up on their orders.

There are currently around 350 orders in house... your patience will pay off with a great headphone! We will be charging your cards when your headphone ship to you.

Thanks to all who have ordered and look forward to hearing all of your impressions!

Todd

Jun 18, 2009 at 6:35 PM Post #1,845 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by Todd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HI All,

Here is the shipping schedule for the HF-2.

Starting next week Grado Labs will be shipping me 50 HF-2s a week until all of the orders are fulfilled. I in turn will ship them out immediately to the first 50 on the list and so on. This represents a 1 week delay in the original start up date and less headphones per week than originally anticipated. BUT the ball is rolling and both Grado Labs and TTVJ will do our best to keep your wait as short as possible. It will also take 5 business days for the headphones to get to me so factor that in.

Originally it looked like there would be larger shipments but Grado Labs has been swamped with orders for their regular products. Therefore they are working hard - even overtime to get 50 HF-2 a week out to me and work on getting caught up on their orders.

There are currently around 350 orders in house... your patience will pay off with a great headphone! We will be charging your cards when your headphone ship to you.

Thanks to all who have ordered and look forward to hearing all of your impressions!

Todd

Thanks for the update.

If you can answer this, what number am I in the line? Just would like to know so I could start counting the days restlessly.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back