The Grado HF2--It's For Real
Jun 10, 2009 at 9:53 PM Post #1,516 of 2,859
Quote:
Originally Posted by limpidglitch
Les garten, as your attorney I advise you to inhale a little ether, and just chill it out.

I am thinking a vague reference to Fear and Loathing... Could be wrong.

Jun 10, 2009 at 10:18 PM Post #1,518 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by kg21 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
man i've had les garten on my ignore list since a little after this thread was started, this thread must be very very different for some of you.

i think more are following your lead
wink.gif

Jun 10, 2009 at 10:21 PM Post #1,519 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by kg21 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
man i've had les garten on my ignore list since a little after this thread was started, this thread must be very very different for some of you.

lol i didn't know you could do that. thanks.
evil_smiley.gif

Jun 10, 2009 at 10:30 PM Post #1,521 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For those who want more permanent lettering I have a dremel tool w/ lots of attachments. I offer my services and guarantee the letters will be deep cut into the cup, plus it will look like KRAP but they will not rub off.
wink.gif

Heh! How much do you charge! I guess you're saying it would look more Krappy than the Pix here of the Factory job? If so, they might be hiring in Brooklyn? You never know
icon10.gif

Ohhh, and IGNORING the flaws won't make them go away...

Jun 10, 2009 at 10:48 PM Post #1,522 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by les_garten /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Heh! How much do you charge! I guess you're saying it would look more Krappy than the Pix here of the Factory job? If so, they might be hiring in Brooklyn? You never know
icon10.gif

The pix look fine - WHAT FLAWS??? Maybe you've had your retina laser etched and can't see for complaining. Simple solution - DON'T purchase a pair - leave another set of these fine cans for an appreciative head-fier.

Jun 10, 2009 at 11:02 PM Post #1,523 of 2,859
Quote:

icon10.gif

Les, I have no idea what you're talking about. I have pair #11, and have seen up at least six other pair up close. All look great with no defects at all. Is it the style choice you object to? There are no flaws on any of the pairs that were at CanJam, and that accounts for all that are currently out there.

Jun 10, 2009 at 11:05 PM Post #1,524 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by charliex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The pix look fine - WHAT FLAWS??? Maybe you've had your retina laser etched and can't see for complaining. Simple solution - DON'T purchase a pair - leave another set of these fine cans for an appreciative head-fier.

Appreciative!! That's RICH! I guess here's where we hear that JG is an Altruistic Monk selling these at a loss!

I ordered a set, so there!

It always amazes me when if anybody received something from Denon or B&K with a Blem on it, they would send it back or exchange it.

Yet here we have a "Special Limited Audiophile Community Edition" set of canz and they're are given a pass?? One would think that these would be given extra scrutiny for Quality.

"Hopefully" these obvious foibles are something only the Camera resolves and that to the unaided eye they are not "that" noticeable.

I guess I'm hard to please. If you take a $695 RS-1 or a $995 GS1000, to me the Woodwork should look like a Piece of "Nice" furniture in how it's finished, and what it is made out of. Same goes for the HF-2.

Jun 10, 2009 at 11:26 PM Post #1,525 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Les, I have no idea what you're talking about. I have pair #11, and have seen up at least six other pair up close. All look great with no defects at all. Is it the style choice you object to? There are no flaws on any of the pairs that were at CanJam, and that accounts for all that are currently out there.

Every PIC posted has issues with the lettering. Like I said before, maybe it's an effect from the Camera and lighting.

IMG_3289%20(Large).JPG

Jun 10, 2009 at 11:34 PM Post #1,526 of 2,859
Quote:

Every PIC posted has issues with the lettering. Like I said before, maybe it's an effect from the Camera and lighting.

IMG_3289%20(Large).JPG

I see what you're talking about Les Gartens, and I also agree with you about demanding better quality products. In these pictures, the white in the lettering seems flaked off almost. But, I think you should hold off on the issue of whether the etching is consistent until you see the cans in person especially if everyone who has seen the cans in person has said otherwise.

Jun 10, 2009 at 11:54 PM Post #1,529 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by baka1969 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi all, I just got off the phone (pardon the pun) with Todd and was told that the first shipment would go out in about 1 1/2 to 2 weeks. I'm in the first batch!
smily_headphones1.gif
As for QC issues, I'll wait to see for myself as pictures can not always tell the entire story. Lighting and camera can have an effect to what we're seeing. On the SQ front, I'm hoping the HF-2 is less sibilant than the 325is. So, until then I'll be "Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day". -Ross

When did you order?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back