The Grado HF2--It's For Real
Jun 1, 2009 at 6:00 PM Post #1,141 of 2,859
heh, it's funny, that pretty well articulates my problem with the GS1K; I couldn't get past the fact that I was listening to the phone and the music came second. Just shows why this continues to be an interesting place. Also, I think the GS1K is one of those phones that's important to hear (like the O2 and the 650, etc.) to become further educated about this hobby. That's why I took the opporunity to live with them a little bit. I figured if I'm going to criticize it, I should probably try to have more than Meet experience. Importantly, I also think the time I spent with it gave me more insight into why people might like it.

Your first paragraph also resonates with me because I often find that to be my reaction to Grados. I guess Grados can be very love it or hate it, even with the same pair of phones, just on different days.
wink.gif

I am really very excited to hear the HF-2.

Jun 1, 2009 at 6:05 PM Post #1,142 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by kg21 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yea I only knew about the assumption it was based around the 225, did not hear that it is new but a mystery. So I am assuming the hf2 will also be a mystery and I don't mind that then.

I don't understand? What's the mystery? Zanth clearly stated the HF-1 had a new unique driver. I imagine the HF-2 does as well. Mystery seems solved to me.
confused.gif

Jun 1, 2009 at 6:07 PM Post #1,143 of 2,859
So, you are saying the Grados are univolving and you listen to the technical aspects more than the music. I think most view the John Grados the other way around. All musical and technically flawed.

I've listened to the O2 more times than I can remember in many different set ups (HD650 too but don't consider this on the same level balanced or not), and I think the GS-1000 is also one that needs the right set up and long term listening.

That being said, I'm a neutral guy and the HP-1000 / K-1000 are both engaging and technically accurate. But the GS-1000 is just plain fun. I just wonder where the HF-2 fits, accurate? Fun? Can anyone comment?

Jun 1, 2009 at 6:07 PM Post #1,144 of 2,859
A couple questions.

1) I don't really want to read through 77 pages to find it and it isn't on Todd's purchase page that I can see, but what is the expected "release date" or turnaround date after an order?

2) If the HF-2 is an upgrade to the HF-1, can someone quickly tell me how the HF-1's would stack up against the SR-225? Trying to decide if it is worth it to dump my 225s and go HF-2.

Jun 1, 2009 at 6:10 PM Post #1,145 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dat_Dude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A couple questions.

1) I don't really want to read through 77 pages to find it and it isn't on Todd's purchase page that I can see, but what is the expected "release date" or turnaround date after an order?

2) If the HF-2 is an upgrade to the HF-1, can someone quickly tell me how the HF-1's would stack up against the SR-225? Trying to decide if it is worth it to dump my 225s and go HF-2.

You can order them now to get a spot in line. Todd will start shipping them in about two weeks. Mid-June was the time stated.

The HF-1 is an upgrade to the SR-225, so the HF-2 is a definite upgrade. You should give them a shot.

Jun 1, 2009 at 6:21 PM Post #1,146 of 2,859
Todd's expecting his shipment of all outstanding orders so far by 6/22. He'll have them turned around that week, so to most customers by 6/30.

Jun 1, 2009 at 6:22 PM Post #1,147 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by subtle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't understand? What's the mystery? Zanth clearly stated the HF-1 had a new unique driver. I imagine the HF-2 does as well. Mystery seems solved to me.
confused.gif

mystery in that the driver is unique but we don't know anything else about it, except that it sounds good presumably. Like in part2 he said it was unique but was mum on the details, I can respect that but the "mystery" is still there. Not like it affects my decision or anything just discussion while we wait for more impressions
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 1, 2009 at 6:31 PM Post #1,150 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Monkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I guess it depends on what we mean by boring. In the end, it didn't do much for me, so maybe I mean I found very little redeeming about the GS1K. But it's fair enough to say that it has a voice of its own.

What Grado do you like Monkey?

Jun 1, 2009 at 6:43 PM Post #1,151 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mazzantini /img/forum/go_quote.gif
me ordered
happy_face1.gif

That's illuminating...
rolleyes.gif
(and you wonder how this thread grew to 77 pages in a little over two weeks).

Jun 1, 2009 at 7:24 PM Post #1,152 of 2,859
I'm wondering now whether it would be logical to have these three Grados in the end: SR225, HF-2, RS1i.

What say those who have heard at least two of those models listed? Thanks in advance.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 1, 2009 at 7:29 PM Post #1,153 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by robm321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just wonder where the HF-2 fits, accurate? Fun? Can anyone comment?

im guessing probably fun. i have yet to receive my pair so..
ill probably find out within a few days..

Jun 1, 2009 at 7:30 PM Post #1,154 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by kg21 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
mystery in that the driver is unique but we don't know anything else about it, except that it sounds good presumably. Like in part2 he said it was unique but was mum on the details, I can respect that but the "mystery" is still there. Not like it affects my decision or anything just discussion while we wait for more impressions
smily_headphones1.gif

i don't get what the mystery is either, but if you want to put it that way then i guess the entire regular line up is a mystery too!
wink.gif

Jun 1, 2009 at 7:42 PM Post #1,155 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm wondering now whether it would be logical to have these three Grados in the end: SR225, HF-2, RS1i.

What say those who have heard at least two of those models listed? Thanks in advance.
smily_headphones1.gif

I can't imagine you would need to keep the 225 around if you picked up an HF-2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back