The Grado HF2--It's For Real
May 28, 2009 at 11:01 PM Post #766 of 2,859
Paypal is charged immediately, and he will send you a payment request later for the 2% discount that isn't valid for this item.

Can't wait for the unveiling of this!

May 29, 2009 at 12:17 AM Post #767 of 2,859
Going to jump straight into the HF-2s...

Todd is most likely going to be swamped so I'll order after JamCan...

Look forward to seeing pictures and the first reviews :-o...t minus 2 days!

-s

May 29, 2009 at 4:15 AM Post #768 of 2,859
Haven't listened to my good ole SR-80's for a year or more. Listening right now and am greatly anticipating the HF-2's. Great grado sound. Can't wait!

May 29, 2009 at 6:27 AM Post #770 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by K3cT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does any non-US Head-Fiers here have any experience with ordering from TTVJ? Does Todd allow under-declaring items to avoid custom muck-ups?

If you're Canadian (sorry if you're not, then ignore this!):
As Grados are made exclusively in the USA, they would qualify under the NAFTA agreement. If Canadian Customs charges you for the duties, just send in a refund request stating that they are made in the USA.

Hope this helps...
And I doubt Todd would be willing to under-declare, because he wouldn't be covering himself sufficiently, I believe.

May 29, 2009 at 6:32 AM Post #771 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by Takaji /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As Grados are made exclusively in the USA, they would qualify under the NAFTA agreement. If Canadian Customs charges you for the duties, just send in a refund request stating that they are made in the USA.

Hope this helps...
And I doubt Todd would be willing to under-declare, because he wouldn't be covering himself sufficiently, I believe.

Can you provide more info on this? Anything made in the US qualifies?

Thanks

May 29, 2009 at 6:43 AM Post #772 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by some1x /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks

Mexico too, i believe

May 29, 2009 at 6:55 AM Post #773 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by some1x /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks

Yes, as long as it's made exclusively in the USA. Since Grado makes all their stuff at their factory (yahoo!), it will be free of duties.

May 29, 2009 at 8:28 AM Post #774 of 2,859
Quote:

Hope this helps...

Thanks anyway, mate. If there's no under-declaring then it will be difficult indeed for me to order as I would most probably pay somewhere close to $600 all things considered.
confused_face.gif

I've e-mailed him regarding this issue and we shall see what Todd can do for me. I pray for the best.

May 29, 2009 at 10:49 AM Post #775 of 2,859
Holy crap, the suspense is KILLING ME. I need to see them before I make a decision. I am under the assumption that there will be lots of people there taking pictures and sharing with those of us who live across oceans?

May 29, 2009 at 12:21 PM Post #776 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by rshuck /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Holy crap, the suspense is KILLING ME. I need to see them before I make a decision. I am under the assumption that there will be lots of people there taking pictures and sharing with those of us who live across oceans?

you might as well just order them now...you will anyway, as the hype and excitement in the canjam/ttvj/hf2 threads will be at a fever pitch, i imagine. one can already make educated guesses as to what they will look like if you have followed this and todd's threads. and the pictures? there will indeed be way more than you can imagine...

May 29, 2009 at 12:42 PM Post #777 of 2,859
Today it is going to be a long day...

May 29, 2009 at 12:48 PM Post #778 of 2,859
Quote:

Yes, as long as it's made exclusively in the USA. Since Grado makes all their stuff at their factory (yahoo!), it will be free of duties.

But not taxes (GST, PST or HST depending on Province) and brokerage fees. If shipped via a courier like UPS or FedEx you can expect rather exorbitant brokerage fees, UPS is the absolute worst. If shipped via USPS/Canada Post they charge a flat $5 brokerage fee.

May 29, 2009 at 2:32 PM Post #780 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by keyid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hope they are "baby ps-1000" not only in looks but in sound.

I also read that they were - I'm hoping so as well. With the 3lb ship weight that someone mentioned, I have my fingers crossed that it will be a baby ps-1000. The non baby version is just a touch out of my price range!

I know this happens to be my 5th post, but I did come here looking for an amp and it was coincidentally at the same time as the details came out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back