The Grado HF2--It's For Real
May 21, 2009 at 12:54 AM Post #541 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So what is the best modification for these?.

There is one that makes them sound fantastic. It's called pre-burn-in. You just wait anywhere above 200 hours for them to ship to your house. They sound fantastic after that
tongue_smile.gif

May 21, 2009 at 1:04 AM Post #542 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So what is the best modification for these? lol

it's a joke, a joke.

How about the best amp for these? In fact, I am going to go make a post in the amp section.

May 21, 2009 at 1:43 AM Post #543 of 2,859
I've been away from Head-Fi for almost 2 years now, and what do I see upon my return? The Freakin' HF2!

Of course I immediately ordered it.

Man this has been an expensive random click of an old bookmark... Welcome me back to Head-Fi please, My wallet just committed suicide.
biggrin.gif

...Now it's off to Headamp to check out GS-1's.

It's nice to see the community is still the same as it ever was. Lots of old names still posting. Now we just gotta get tuberoller back. Anyone got a spare super-car we can dangle under his nose?

May 21, 2009 at 2:18 AM Post #545 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by baka1969 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I, myself have REASONABLE expectations that it will more likely slot somewhere between the RS-1 and RS-2 with a metal/wood hybrid. And I'll be very happy with that.

And you'll be the only one.

And how would a metal/wood hybrid sound like something in between two all-wood designs?

May 21, 2009 at 2:36 AM Post #547 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhythmdevils /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I personally think it will sound like a cross between the RS2 and the PS1. Anyone want to place bets?

I'm not willing to make any bets, but since I like both headphones, I can say that if your guess comes close to true, I'd be pretty happy.

May 21, 2009 at 2:55 AM Post #548 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhythmdevils /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I personally think it will sound like a cross between the RS2 and the PS1. Anyone want to place bets?

I don't know. Jude said that it's like a more refined HF-1. Maybe it'll be an aluminum/mahogany hybrid with drivers from the RS line.

May 21, 2009 at 3:05 AM Post #549 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't know. Jude said that it's like a more refined HF-1. Maybe it'll be an aluminum/mahogany hybrid with drivers from the RS line.

My guess as well. There at least was a lot of speculation that the drivers for the PS-1000 are just further destressed RS1 drivers though, so I'm kind of actually hoping this matches the RS1.

May 21, 2009 at 3:29 AM Post #553 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by blessingx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think it will have the power of a whale and the speed of a dolphin.

WonderTwin powers . . . ACTIVATE!

Well, not quite, but it's the first thing that came to mind when I read your post.

May 21, 2009 at 4:20 AM Post #554 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by tenzip /img/forum/go_quote.gif
WonderTwin powers . . . ACTIVATE!

Well, not quite, but it's the first thing that came to mind when I read your post.

A Q U A M A N (I don't know if he had a twin that lived)...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back