The Grado HF2--It's For Real
Jul 5, 2009 at 6:08 PM Post #2,611 of 2,859
i just ordered one last nite. couldn't care less if there's a type or two or three... but,
that's just my own opinion and not meant to lessen the error, however insignificant, by grados. i'm just hoping it doesn't delay shipment by another month or two...

Jul 5, 2009 at 6:09 PM Post #2,613 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by parhelictriangle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So sez the guy with perfect HF2s.

And if I received an H1, I promise you I would not be complaining.

Quote:

Originally Posted by UglyJoe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"If you don't like it, you don't have to buy it" is a stupid answer. It has all ready been purchased, and arrived in a state different than what the purchaser was expecting. This "you can cancel your order" stuff in multiple threads is a head-in-the-sand fanboy response. It's a MAJOR ERROR because it's EASY TO SEE. Not because it actually affects the performance of the phone, but because it indicates that these cans weren't looked after as much as they should have been in the production process.

I didn't really believe in the fanboy stuff that people accused Grado-lovers of on this forum until this came up. You should expect that when you pay for an item that it will arrive in the state that you paid for it. If an amplifier maker sent out a product with a tube marked "ELE4" instead of "EL34" you guys would be freaking out, methinks. Don't get me wrong. I love Grado, my first can, and I'm really looking forward to the HF-2 when I get it, but you can't keep excusing the fact that from the moment the engraved cups showed up at Grado's door, NO ONE seemed to actually take a look at it and make sure it was RIGHT.

I didn't get personal with you and call your post a stupid post from a whinny little child. I merely pointed out that I disagree with you conclusion. Perhaps you can argue your point without the name calling. Really, return them or offer them to someone else in line that has a long wait, you might find a buyer fast. In fact, if you want to sell yours, send me a pm with your paypal address and I will buy yours.

Jul 5, 2009 at 6:12 PM Post #2,615 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by DoYouRight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just don't want them to end up haulting shipments for the rest of us. Just continue shipments, and deal with the errors a little bit later. Offer them replacement cups or something, but I just hope it doesn't make John upset if those who have them freak out, but it seems like those with the cups don't even care because they sound excellent. I just want my pair before my birthday, or at least my card to be charged so I can get the money out of my account and know something is happening
biggrin.gif

Do you really think they are going to continue shipping HF-2s with typos? The concern for them is getting new ones made and they certainly would not send out typo HF-2s and then incur the expense of replacing them later.

The length of delay will be determined by how wide spread the problem is.

Jul 5, 2009 at 6:13 PM Post #2,616 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If I didn't have matching numbers with my hf1, I'd gladly trade someone for an f1 version. I think that'll be the sought after one.

Dude, how can you give up the Blur edition?

Jul 5, 2009 at 6:16 PM Post #2,617 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by vpivinylspinner /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dude, how can you give up the Blur edition?

That's why I offered to buy UglyDude's pair. Then I can have a two defective pairs.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 5, 2009 at 6:17 PM Post #2,618 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A MAJOR ERROR? A bad driver would be a MAJOR ERROR. A headphone that doesn't sound as good as the early versions, would be a MAJOR ERROR. An "1" instead of an "I", yeah, definitely an error but a MAJOR ERROR, I don't think so. The beauty of it is you don't have to buy one. Maybe you sit and stare at your headphones, I listen to mine.

Alright, but when your headphones stop working after a year, don't come whining to Mr. Grado. It baffles me that people would waste their money on a piece of ****.

Jul 5, 2009 at 6:19 PM Post #2,619 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by guineapig /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Alright, but when your headphones stop working after a year, don't come whining to Mr. Grado. It baffles me that people would waste their money on a piece of ****.

And you believe this will happen because why? It's a piece of **** because it has a 1 instead of an I? Really, are your really saying that?

Jul 5, 2009 at 6:20 PM Post #2,620 of 2,859
Quote:

And if I received an H1, I promise you I would not be complaining.

I didn't get personal with you and call your post a stupid post from a whinny little child. I merely pointed out that I disagree with you conclusion. Perhaps you can argue your point without the name calling. Really, return them or offer them to someone else in line that has a long wait, you might find a buyer fast. In fact, if you want to sell yours, send me a pm with your paypal address and I will buy yours.

Hahahah, I don't have one yet, won't for several weeks. And you can act condescending all you want, but you lose on the facts. The fact is QC wasn't as high as it should have been. Case closed.

@grawk: Although I do think Todd shares some culpability for shipping a flawed product, his part is very small. He assumed that everything with the cans were right and shipped them out ASAP so buyers wouldn't have to wait over a holiday weekend. Would it have been good if he caught the problem? Yeah. But the truth is the majority of the blame (95%+) should be on Grado, where the cans were handled long enough to piece the entire thing together, and no one seemed to notice the error. Todd would have had to take a look through one of the cellophane tops and been paying attention to catch this (I don't see any reason why he should actually be opening the boxes to check them... that's Grado's job).

Jul 5, 2009 at 6:22 PM Post #2,621 of 2,859
Quote:

A MAJOR ERROR? A bad driver would be a MAJOR ERROR. A headphone that doesn't sound as good as the early versions, would be a MAJOR ERROR. An "1" instead of an "I", yeah, definitely an error but a MAJOR ERROR, I don't think so. The beauty of it is you don't have to buy one. Maybe you sit and stare at your headphones, I listen to mine.

Amen.

If they sound great, that's all that matters. Cosmetic issues are a minor annoyance compared to a channel imbalance. At least for people whom sound quality is of greater importance, but I wonder sometimes...

Quote:

You guys are moving into the realm of absurdity.

This is a MAJOR ERROR. You can see it THROUGH THE BOX. It's right there in your face! Does it affect sound? Of course not. But that's not the point. The point is these cups have passed through what should amount to multiple levels of QC (the engravers, Grado (both when assembled and presumably when boxed up), and Todd) and NO ONE caught the issue.

Now, if this isn't widespread I can live with it.

Jeez, is this an F1-instead-of-FI printing error or H1N1 flu?

Quote:

Bye-bye troll..

Jul 5, 2009 at 6:23 PM Post #2,622 of 2,859
Quote:

Hahahah, I don't have one yet, won't for several weeks. And you can act condescending all you want, but you lose on the facts. The fact is QC wasn't as high as it should have been. Case closed.

I'm the one being condescending when you called my answer stupid? I was dead serious about buying them.

Jul 5, 2009 at 6:30 PM Post #2,623 of 2,859
Quote:

Really, says the guy who's been here 30 days (have a bunch of experience with Grado long term reliability have you??) , nice going champ. Having owned 10 + year old SR60s that went to Europe twice and daily subway commutes constantly being tossed in a bag, I'm not to worried. I had a 10 year old pair of RS1s still worked like new so no I am not worried.

I do wonder why you are so uptight over someone else's purchase? What is it your concern if I like my HF2s and am not bothered by the less than stellar cup finish? The people with skin in the game seem to be considerably less twisted in knots than those who have not purchased one.

Jul 5, 2009 at 6:30 PM Post #2,624 of 2,859
The sad part is the Long trend of inattention to detail and quality. Not just one Letter misspelled.

The first run so poorly Etched that at certain angles you could barely read them and the letters weren't fully etched like the A's and H's with voids in the lettering

The Y piece most likely is the standard Grado Goof up.(pinched)

The Glue slathered around the drivers, the Glue oozing between the driver holder and the Cups and then dripping down onto the AL Mushroom.

The smashed/poorly molded Gimbal Pins

The strange looking buff mark on the AL Cup on the set pictured

And now Misspelling the "name of the community"

Asleep at the wheel?
Rationalization of Mediocrity?
Slipshod?
Sloppy?

If you don't like it, don't buy them? That is the last line of defense for sloppiness and inattentiveness to detail. If that's your argument, it shows you've lost the debate.

Or how about this one, please don't complain, JG might not make any more "Special Editions". How do you rationally address that statement?

Why was the upside down airplane or the double stamped penny worth so much? Because these were produced by entities with high quality control that rarely make mistakes, unlike Grado Labs. If someone thinks a Grado misspelling is gonna make these priceless, they're deluded and reek of rabid fanboyism. That makes the most screwed up Grado the most valuable to somebody I suppose.

Jul 5, 2009 at 6:39 PM Post #2,625 of 2,859
But really, you don't have to buy the HF2 or any Grado for that matter. It's just that simple. As Jp said, why do you care whether someone is willing to buy a pair that has this or some other problem? I am not debating whether this should or shouldn't happen. Of course it shouldn't have happened. Do I care, absolutely not. I guess that's my point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back