The German Maestro GMP 8.35 D Monitor in the studio... serious about audio, INDEED!!
Jun 18, 2009 at 3:42 AM Post #32 of 1,132
Quote:

Originally Posted by donunus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm ready to buy them blindly myself since I desperately need closed cans.

Time for fun...
beerchug.gif

Jun 24, 2009 at 7:12 PM Post #34 of 1,132
Quote:

Originally Posted by mobbaddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi Acix
i'm looking for a good portable can (to use it with my DAPs). This one looks interesting. Have you tried the Sony CD900ST as well? I wonder how it compares...

Yes, they can be a great portable and much more @ 35 ohms. No experience with the sony.

Jul 1, 2009 at 3:20 AM Post #36 of 1,132
DBI International (dbi Pro705 Headphones | dbi International), a company which specializes in providing listening stations for CD Stores apparently uses a combination of Nakamichi CD players and what they call DBI Pro705 headphones.

headphones1.jpg

I suspect that the Pro705 is actually a rebranded German Maestro.

I listened to the pro 705 and it was very2 neutral with punchy mid bass, but not like an overwhelming bassy phone. Very2 musical too. A bit like the HD25, with bigger soundstage and more impact in bass.. Nice.

Jul 1, 2009 at 4:41 AM Post #37 of 1,132
Quote:

Originally Posted by ting.mike /img/forum/go_quote.gif
DBI International (dbi Pro705 Headphones | dbi International), a company which specializes in providing listening stations for CD Stores apparently uses a combination of Nakamichi CD players and what they call DBI Pro705 headphones.

headphones1.jpg

I listened to the pro 705 and it was very2 neutral with punchy mid bass, but not like an overwhelming bassy phone. Very2 musical too. A bit like the HD25, with bigger soundstage and more impact in bass.. Nice.

there are dbi pro700 and dbi pro705.
do anybody know which one has similar sound as german maestro gmp8.35d?

Jul 1, 2009 at 5:11 AM Post #38 of 1,132
Quote:

Hehehe, they do remind me the HD25ll, better mids, bigger sound stage more impact in bass and overall better resolution.

About the dbi Pro705 they do look one the GMP 8XX series. Need to check out the driver specifications.

Jul 2, 2009 at 9:14 AM Post #39 of 1,132
This post might be interesting for this thread as well.

Jul 3, 2009 at 9:22 AM Post #40 of 1,132
Quote:

I came across one of these listening stations at a department store here (couldn't tell if it was Nakamichi). It was a Virgin Music station. I hope these just aren't rebranded GMP's, I didn't like the dbi's all that much. Maybe it was the source, but there was nothing spectacular about the sound; I didn't notice any bass impact either. Also the comfort wasn't that up to par on the dbi. They seemed very sturdy though.

Jul 3, 2009 at 11:55 PM Post #44 of 1,132
Quote:

Originally Posted by Markj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How big are the cushions and cups? Bigger then Ultrasones?

The cups are a little bit smaller than the Ultrasone, the PL models. It's about the size of the HFI models, but different construction. Overall, they're lighter than all of the Ultrasones. The driver is about the same size, but it's more close to the AKG drivers in the structure and the sound characteristics. The overall sound will be more natural, but you'll still get a very deep bass. It seems to go lower than the Ultrasones.

They can be used well as portable headphones. The insulation is better than the Ultrasone. Most importantly, the clamping force on the head is not as strong as the Ultrasone, which is great for people who have big heads like me.
regular_smile .gif

Jul 4, 2009 at 1:26 AM Post #45 of 1,132
Quote:

Originally Posted by Acix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sure, Ray, that's great. l would be honored. But maybe it's best to confirm this with the forum moderators Jude or Tyrion first. I think German Maestro headphones will get a great welcome here!
smily_headphones1.gif

They earned that right. Highly regarded studio cans, un breakable, and German. TY for the PM Ray. They would compliment my DT48 nicely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back