The German Maestro GMP 8.35 D Monitor in the studio... serious about audio, INDEED!!
Mar 17, 2015 at 7:54 AM Post #1,022 of 1,132
  Are you sure you're not talking about those ones: http://www.mp4nation.net/brainwavz-hm5-thick-memory-foam-earpad-suitable-for-large-over-the-ear-headphones-1pc ?

That's what I think too... I haven't heard this from the normal ones.

There's a dutch supplier who says the normal ones are not in production anymore and out of stuck, atleast Mp4nation said it to him, but on the website of mp4nation the normal ones are still available.. little bit strange :) 

I think I will just order it from mp4nation and see.

Mar 17, 2015 at 8:29 AM Post #1,023 of 1,132

That's what I think too... I haven't heard this from the normal ones.

There's a dutch supplier who says the normal ones are not in production anymore and out of stuck, atleast Mp4nation said it to him, but on the website of mp4nation the normal ones are still available.. little bit strange :) 

I think I will just order it from mp4nation and see.

I have a nagging suspicion that Brainwavz quietly updated their HM5 cans with a different tuning. That would explain why they started selling deeper earpads and discontinued the old ones.
Maybe I'll buy a pair too while they last 
rolleyes.gif

Mar 27, 2015 at 3:18 PM Post #1,024 of 1,132
Just got them!

Have to say that the sound for me defintely improved over the standard ones. I hear the mids & high more clear and the bass is defintely there too.

I'm curious how to understand if I got the "thick" ones or the "old" ones?

Mines are about 2.5cm width and deep when attached on the headphones.

Apr 2, 2015 at 7:35 AM Post #1,026 of 1,132

You can see the photos of the original pads one the first page. A few page after there is photos of the other GM pads.

I think he is referring to the HM5 pads. Original/ old vs. the new ones with memory foam.

Apr 12, 2015 at 11:32 AM Post #1,028 of 1,132
How do the Maestros compare in sound to something like the PSB M4U or Focal Spirit Pro? I'm looking for something to replace my M50 for home studio use and want something with as natural a sound as possible with enough bass to handle Hip Hop.

Apr 14, 2015 at 8:15 AM Post #1,030 of 1,132
How do the Maestros compare in sound to something like the PSB M4U or Focal Spirit Pro? I'm looking for something to replace my M50 for home studio use and want something with as natural a sound as possible with enough bass to handle Hip Hop.

Nad HP50?  Very natural sound with a good punch in the bass.

Apr 15, 2015 at 11:28 AM Post #1,032 of 1,132
Has anyone ordered the headphones straight from German Maestro to Canada? What was the overall price all in with currency exchange, shipping and duty? Although I found one retailer in the country that sells them, they only sell the version with the coiled cable. I'd prefer the shorter cable mobile version since I would be using them with my phone and I find coiled cables to have a lower life span. They seem really susceptible to breaking at the last coil before the cord becomes straight. I guess that area gets a lot of stress. Plus, I read some comments about German Maestro doing mods upon request. Would really like to get them modded with a detacheable cable if they will do it.

Not really considering the Viso. That headband is just too damn big for my liking. I plan on using my next headphone purchase for mobile use as well.

Apr 16, 2015 at 11:37 AM Post #1,033 of 1,132
Has anyone ordered the headphones straight from German Maestro to Canada? What was the overall price all in with currency exchange, shipping and duty? Although I found one retailer in the country that sells them, they only sell the version with the coiled cable. I'd prefer the shorter cable mobile version since I would be using them with my phone and I find coiled cables to have a lower life span. They seem really susceptible to breaking at the last coil before the cord becomes straight. I guess that area gets a lot of stress. Plus, I read some comments about German Maestro doing mods upon request. Would really like to get them modded with a detacheable cable if they will do it.

Not really considering the Viso. That headband is just too damn big for my liking. I plan on using my next headphone purchase for mobile use as well.

Very fair point, although I've got over that now and just wear them out publicly.  The sound quality wins me over.  I am 1000x happier wearing these dorky things than shouldering the shame of a pair of Beats.

Apr 16, 2015 at 1:12 PM Post #1,034 of 1,132
I went and did the research and found that I would be paying approximately the same price if I bought these somewhat locally, or purchased them direct from German Maestro. How well does the coiled cable hold up on these? I saw the pics from Acix where the coiled cable seemed to be as durable as any other coiled cable. Are the new coiled cables more durable? How long has the cord lasted on other people's units? I'm wondering which version I should get.

Apr 16, 2015 at 3:13 PM Post #1,035 of 1,132
  I went and did the research and found that I would be paying approximately the same price if I bought these somewhat locally, or purchased them direct from German Maestro. How well does the coiled cable hold up on these? I saw the pics from Acix where the coiled cable seemed to be as durable as any other coiled cable. Are the new coiled cables more durable? How long has the cord lasted on other people's units? I'm wondering which version I should get.

We should see about the durability of the new coiled cable, only time will tell. The plastic shell /tube on the new cable is more flexible compare to the old one. The old cable hold it for 6-7 years and in the last 5 years those hps has been all over the hot Israeli desert almost any weekend. In this period of the last 5 years of outdoor Israeli desert trance parties I was able to destroyed 3 good pairs of sport shows because of the high temperature and the crazy changes in the temperatures between the night and the day, so let say those hps holding up very very well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back