The German Maestro GMP 8.35 D Monitor in the studio... serious about audio, INDEED!!
Feb 17, 2015 at 4:53 AM Post #1,006 of 1,132

Thanks, but I guess then the ones on my link aren't the right ones, as the description reads: "The thick earpads are suitable for use on numerous large cup size, over the ear headphones."

So I may have to find the right ones elsewhere.

Maybe you can contact http://www.mp4nation.net/ and ask if they have some spare original HM5 pads. I can't find them on their site anymore.

Feb 17, 2015 at 8:52 AM Post #1,007 of 1,132

Thanks, but I guess then the ones on my link aren't the right ones, as the description reads: "The thick earpads are suitable for use on numerous large cup size, over the ear headphones."

So I may have to find the right ones elsewhere.

Hmm, maybe you're right. You could always ask MP4nation, I guess.
Anyway, here are the original pads, not the thick ones:
http://www.mp4nation.net/brainwavz-hm5-spare-earpad-1-pair

Just get the beyer velour silver pads for dt770. On Amazon the pair is 34$. Great durability and comfort. The other good option is the original german maestro velour pads but you have to buy dust protectors to go with them. I got them Yesterday from Germany and they still have very good sound isolation. But people swear that the Dt770 pads are even better.

I have the Beyer pads you're talking about. They're nice, but not as comfy as the Brainwavz pads. Besides, the bass is not as punchy in the velour pads. For country, acoustic jazz or classical that may be a plus. For rock or electronica, not so much.
Anyway, tastes (and ears, and gear) differ and maybe you should try both before deciding.

Feb 17, 2015 at 10:01 AM Post #1,008 of 1,132

Are you sure? The pads in that link have the same price as those memory foam ones. They used to be a lot cheaper.....

Feb 17, 2015 at 10:50 AM Post #1,009 of 1,132

I have the Beyer pads you're talking about. They're nice, but not as comfy as the Brainwavz pads. Besides, the bass is not as punchy in the velour pads. For country, acoustic jazz or classical that may be a plus. For rock or electronica, not so much.
Anyway, tastes (and ears, and gear) differ and maybe you should try both before deciding.

Thanks for the info hoichi.  I was reluctant to pay to much for the beyer pads.  As you all said I will ask mp4nation and will let you know what they tell me to clear things up.  Thanks guys!

Feb 17, 2015 at 1:10 PM Post #1,010 of 1,132
Hello. I have small problem with my GMP 8.35D. On the right side the adjustment mechanism is a lot more loose than on the left side. It is a lot easier to adjust the cup also very often is closing by itself. There are screws between the adjustment mechanism and the headband. Can I tighten it up by myself? It is not a big deal but it is annoying to have to adjust the right cup again, almost every time.

Feb 17, 2015 at 6:17 PM Post #1,011 of 1,132
  Are you sure? The pads in that link have the same price as those memory foam ones. They used to be a lot cheaper.....

AFAIR, the non-foam pads used to be priced per pad, not per pair like now. Anyway, here's the link for the foam version:
http://www.mp4nation.net/brainwavz-hm5-thick-memory-foam-earpad-suitable-for-large-over-the-ear-headphones-1pc
Same price but different pads, as you can see.

Thanks for the info hoichi.  I was reluctant to pay to much for the beyer pads.  As you all said I will ask mp4nation and will let you know what they tell me to clear things up.  Thanks guys!

You're welcome. Yeah, better be safe and ask them, I guess.

Hello. I have small problem with my GMP 8.35D. On the right side the adjustment mechanism is a lot more loose than on the left side. It is a lot easier to adjust the cup also very often is closing by itself. There are screws between the adjustment mechanism and the headband. Can I tighten it up by myself? It is not a big deal but it is annoying to have to adjust the right cup again, almost every time.

Might be a white plastic tip inside one of the cups coming off the end of the steel core of the headband. BTW, for all the build quality, those plastic things (HDPE, I guess) are held by lousy drywall screws. Or maybe it's just the screw getting loose so there's too little friction. I don't remember how exactly that mechanism works 
confused.gif

It's not too hard to pry a cup open, just avoid using sharp tools or yanking the inner part too far, 'cause it's attached to the driver and you can damage the wires if you're not careful.

Feb 18, 2015 at 5:31 AM Post #1,012 of 1,132
  AFAIR, the non-foam pads used to be priced per pad, not per pair like now.

True. They were 8,50 USD each, makes 17,- USD a pair. Not the 22,50 they're asking now. That's why I have my doubts.

Feb 19, 2015 at 11:34 AM Post #1,013 of 1,132
Ok guys, this is the answers I've got from MP4nation:

The Brainwavz Replacement Memory Foam Earpads - White is new version and is a little smaller than the Brainwavz HM5 Spare Earpad. Unfortunately, we do not have this in white color. However, both will  fit the Brainwavz HM5 headphones.

I asked what they meant for "smaller" and I've got this in return:

Quote:
 The internal dimension of The Brainwavz Replacement Memory Foam Earpads is 110/90*75/65*28mm.

So I still like the white ones but don't know if they will ruin the sound of my hps or not hahaha.

Mar 15, 2015 at 12:23 PM Post #1,014 of 1,132
HI Guys,

Been reading through the topic and so many earpads are discussed, but I think I found the one you guys recommend?

Is it this one? http://www.mp4nation.net/brainwavz-hm5-spare-earpad-1-pair

Do I need something else with it too, such as the dust protection from german maestro? 

Thanks!

Mar 15, 2015 at 2:59 PM Post #1,015 of 1,132
  HI Guys,

Been reading through the topic and so many earpads are discussed, but I think I found the one you guys recommend?

Is it this one? http://www.mp4nation.net/brainwavz-hm5-spare-earpad-1-pair

Do I need something else with it too, such as the dust protection from german maestro? 

Thanks!

Those are the ones I prefer on my GMP.
They come with dust protectors insite the pads, so no need to order them serarately.

And welcome to Head-Fi!

Mar 16, 2015 at 3:59 AM Post #1,016 of 1,132

Those are the ones I prefer on my GMP.
They come with dust protectors insite the pads, so no need to order them serarately.

And welcome to Head-Fi!

Cheers mate!

Is the sound quality the same or better as the Ear Pad 41-6086 from GM? They said to me any other ear pad (even from their line of pads) will most likely make the sound worse, may be strategic selling.. I doubt it will make them sound worse..

Did you compared the Ear Pad 41-6086 to the HM5?

I registered in 2009, but then lost the forum due a format of my computer and lost the bookmark... kinda found it back recently and I was like "Finally! found it back!"  

Great forum!! 

Mar 16, 2015 at 6:01 AM Post #1,017 of 1,132

Cheers mate!

Is the sound quality the same or better as the Ear Pad 41-6086 from GM? They said to me any other ear pad (even from their line of pads) will most likely make the sound worse, may be strategic selling.. I doubt it will make them sound worse..

Did you compared the Ear Pad 41-6086 to the HM5?

I registered in 2009, but then lost the forum due a format of my computer and lost the bookmark... kinda found it back recently and I was like "Finally! found it back!"

Great forum!!

Sorry, didn't compare the HM5 to the GMP 41-6086. Stock GMP ear pads usually are too small on the inside for my big ears.

Mar 16, 2015 at 6:04 AM Post #1,018 of 1,132

Sorry, didn't compare the HM5 to the GMP 41-6086. Stock GMP ear pads usually are too small on the inside for my big ears.

I have small ears and it's still bothering me, but the sound was really nice one them, though my ears do get hot inside of them. So that's two disadvantages over one.

I will get the HM5 ones today and have it tested. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back