The German Maestro GMP 8.35 D Monitor in the studio... serious about audio, INDEED!!
Mar 27, 2016 at 12:33 PM Post #1,111 of 1,132
My modified GMP 8.35d, dual mini XLR with Brainwavz HM5 memory foam earpads:

Nov 23, 2016 at 8:16 PM Post #1,112 of 1,132
Read every post, took a while.

My hd25s finally gave in, left driver just makes dying sounds.

Treated myself to a pair of 8.35d,they should be here before the weekend.

Read alot about earpads,giving the originals a week at least before I buy something new.
Saw this, anyone tried? They look so comfy:)
http://www.brainwavzaudio.com/products/headphone-memory-foam-earpads-angled-hybrid

Nov 26, 2016 at 7:45 AM Post #1,113 of 1,132
So, they arrived.
I seem to be lonley in this thread, but as someone put it.
"Sometimes we need to be alone"

I don't have to much to compare to, but these phones rock!
They go deeper, stay cleaner and hit harder when my old senn's. :D

Sort of expected that after reading up on them, but still, my ears are in a happy state of shock. :p

The cable IS heavy, but I'm not that botherd,a crocodile clip sorted that out.
Pads may not be the best,but I wear glasses and 4-5 hours of ontime aint no problem yet.

Thanks forum för making my wallet bleed and myears smile.

Nov 27, 2016 at 12:14 PM Post #1,114 of 1,132
So, they arrived.
I seem to be lonley in this thread, but as someone put it.
"Sometimes we need to be alone"

I don't have to much to compare to, but these phones rock!
They go deeper, stay cleaner and hit harder when my old senn's.
biggrin.gif

Sort of expected that after reading up on them, but still, my ears are in a happy state of shock. :p

The cable IS heavy, but I'm not that botherd,a crocodile clip sorted that out.
Pads may not be the best,but I wear glasses and 4-5 hours of ontime aint no problem yet.

Thanks forum för making my wallet bleed and myears smile.

Glad to hear you are enjoying them, a friend of mine went from HD-25's to these and will never go back. Build quality and sound quality is better. Fantastic headphones.

Nov 28, 2016 at 1:02 PM Post #1,115 of 1,132
Yes, a major step up :)
Deeper bass, cleaner mids, and alot more separation between notes.
Got a pair of brainwavs hybrid pads on cybermonday deal, they where so cheap I had to try em.
Fixed the heavyish cable with a crocodile clamp just as someone on the Early pages in this thread did. :)

May 11, 2017 at 3:17 PM Post #1,116 of 1,132
Well they must have seen this thread, they have just released the GMP 8.35 Mobile, and the GMP 8.35 Mobile Advanced, the Mobile comes with a standard 3.5mm detachable cable, the Mobile Advanced comes with 2 cables (one as a spare) and also a set of velour ear pads: http://www.german-maestro.de/Englisch/Products/Logic/Headphones/

I just got the Mobile version in so I will be revisiting my GMP 8.35 D and update it a little.

9942062.jpg

9942063.jpg

9942065.jpg

Aug 10, 2017 at 8:42 AM Post #1,119 of 1,132
The new round Brainwavz pads fit these perfectly, however I suggest you put 2 pieces of foam on each side (http://europe.beyerdynamic.com/shop/foam-disc-new.html)

One behind the pad, between the pad and driver. The other on the inside of the pad, it fits perfectly. Otherwise the treble is a little too pronounced.

Now they are still very balanced sounding, but with a wider soundstage, and comfort is much improved

IMG_20170810_132902.jpg IMG_20170810_132820.jpg

Aug 25, 2017 at 12:24 AM Post #1,120 of 1,132
Hello!

I am interested in the GMP 8.35 Mobile / Mobile Advanced for listening to classical music on the go. Would there be any difference in sound quality between the original 8.35 D and the Mobile version? Also, the Mobile Advanced package includes a set of velour earpads. I know that in prior years certain contributors to this thread haven't favored German's Maestro's velour pads; what about the pads included now?

Thanks,
Brian

Aug 25, 2017 at 3:03 AM Post #1,121 of 1,132
Hello!

I am interested in the GMP 8.35 Mobile / Mobile Advanced for listening to classical music on the go. Would there be any difference in sound quality between the original 8.35 D and the Mobile version? Also, the Mobile Advanced package includes a set of velour earpads. I know that in prior years certain contributors to this thread haven't favored German's Maestro's velour pads; what about the pads included now?

Thanks,
Brian

The sound is the same between the 2 models. The velour earpads are fairly stiff and tone down the bass a little, using 2 of the dust covers works well with the velour earpads.

They don't have the widest soundstage for classical but for on the go use they would be fine.

Sep 7, 2017 at 10:58 AM Post #1,122 of 1,132
So first I changed the single sided 3.5mm connector to 4-pin mini XLR like Audeze cables, but they are a little bulky and where german maestro put the 3.5mm socket in they trim the plastic that holds the driver in place. This meant that the driver was not very secure with 4-pin mini XLR sockets as they put pressure on the back of the driver.

So I have changed them to dual 3.5mm sockets with brand new cups from German Maestro so I could drill the correct size holes. Turned out really good:

IMG_20170907_154233-01.jpeg IMG_20170907_154243-01.jpeg

Feb 8, 2018 at 11:06 AM Post #1,123 of 1,132
Hello everyone,

I see these are on Massdrop and they definitely have my attention. Can anyone comment on how these compare to the dt-990’s? I absolutely love the Beyers and am looking for a more portable option with a similar sound. Thanks in advance.

Steve

Feb 8, 2018 at 11:58 AM Post #1,124 of 1,132
Hello everyone,

I see these are on Massdrop and they definitely have my attention. Can anyone comment on how these compare to the dt-990’s? I absolutely love the Beyers and am looking for a more portable option with a similar sound. Thanks in advance.

Steve

These are flatter sounding than the DT990 which are a little more v-shaped. The midrange is cleaner and clearer, and the bass is not as full. But they are an excellent on the go headphone.

Feb 8, 2018 at 12:09 PM Post #1,125 of 1,132
Excellent, thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back