The Fragrant Zither (TFZ) Reviews and Impressions Thread
Mar 27, 2020 at 10:28 PM Post #1,861 of 2,251
I have always been confused by the dizzying array of TFZ models.

My only experience with the TFZ brand is with the Series 2, and I would like to try a different/better model.

Can anyone please give me a brief comparison between these 4 models? Which of the 4 you would choose if you were able to, any glaring problems with 1 vs another of these models, etc. For example, the fit of the Taquila vs the other 3 models.

- Queen
- King II
- King Ltd
- Taquila

Thanks so much!

Mar 27, 2020 at 11:45 PM Post #1,863 of 2,251

My only experience with the TFZ brand is with the Series 2, and I would like to try a different/better model.

Can anyone please give me a brief comparison between these 4 models? Which of the 4 you would choose if you were able to, any glaring problems with 1 vs another of these models, etc. For example, the fit of the Taquila vs the other 3 models.

- Queen
- King II
- King Ltd
- Taquila

Thanks so much!

Unfortunately the Queen is the only one of those 4 I’ve owned or tried sir. I bought the original Series 1 which was very nice for the price and then I tried the 1s and was not impressed plus the silver cable tarned green in short order however the Queens rock as well as being 5 steps above the series 1. My Garden’s as nice for a single DD and the Series 2 is OK for a daily beater. I’ve been tempted to get the original Kings many times as B9 Scrambler highly touts them. Almost jumped on the Tequila’s a few times but I don’t think any of the other single DD models by the Zither can take out or better the Queens.

Mar 28, 2020 at 1:13 AM Post #1,864 of 2,251
Unfortunately the Queen is the only one of those 4 I’ve owned or tried sir. I bought the original Series 1 which was very nice for the price and then I tried the 1s and was not impressed plus the silver cable tarned green in short order however the Queens rock as well as being 5 steps above the series 1. My Garden’s as nice for a single DD and the Series 2 is OK for a daily beater. I’ve been tempted to get the original Kings many times as B9 Scrambler highly touts them. Almost jumped on the Tequila’s a few times but I don’t think any of the other single DD models by the Zither can take out or better the Queens.

Thanks for the input Pod.

From the reviews I read, I came to the conclusion that the Queens were probably the best option. Great minds think alike :)

Plus, I personally think it has the best looking and best built (metal) shell out of the models I listed.

Mar 28, 2020 at 6:40 AM Post #1,865 of 2,251

- Queen
- King II
- King Ltd
- Taquila

Thanks so much!

Are you considering this lucky bag https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000836284897.html ? Don‘t forget to use the store promo code and some coins if you have them to get another 10 dollar or so off.

Mar 28, 2020 at 6:58 AM Post #1,866 of 2,251
Are you considering this lucky bag https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000836284897.html ? Don‘t forget to use the store promo code and some coins if you have them to get another 10 dollar or so off.

For the $79 price that looks quite a good deal no matter which set u get. And to top if off, u can add $9.90 to get a My Love Edition.

But most of these 4 in the lucky bag are older models so anyone knows how they compare with some 2019 CHIFI DD releases? Like I think 2019 was quite a watershed moment for CHIFI gear, don't remember purchasing and rubbish sets actually.

Mar 28, 2020 at 7:09 AM Post #1,867 of 2,251
For the $79 price that looks quite a good deal no matter which set u get. And to top if off, u can add $9.90 to get a My Love Edition.

But most of these 4 in the lucky bag are older models so anyone knows how they compare with some 2019 CHIFI DD releases? Like I think 2019 was quite a watershed moment for CHIFI gear, don't remember purchasing and rubbish sets actually.
There are some reviews floating around but no comparisons. I dont think many users own any of these models. These were mostly reviewed by the usual Head-Fi reviewers.

TFZ has never been about the low price. With the store promo code and some coins i can get the price to 60 euros which is like 61-62 dollars. They are probably worth that amount. I wouldn’t consider it for the full price. At full price there are better chifi options nowadays.

Mar 28, 2020 at 8:50 AM Post #1,868 of 2,251

Yes, that lucky bag is exactly why I was asking. With the coins and coupons etc it drops to like $64, which seems like a reasonable price.

Of course, being a lucky bag, there’s no control over what model you actually receive. But I was curious about each model regardless, because if 3 out of the 4 were turds for example, I would pass on the whole lucky bag. From what I can tell, they all seem to be decent models.

Also, I asked about the MyLove add on (because that was my 1st thought), and the seller said no the add on is not eligible for the lucky bag. If they said yes, that would be a no-brainer deal. So I’m disappointed the add on isn’t eligible. I don’t see why not though; getting rid of old stock is the goal, and at $9.90 the MyLove is a loss anyways so who cares what package the add on is added to. Oh well.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2020 at 5:22 PM Post #1,870 of 2,251
Hi, everybody.

During my home confinement, because of the Covid-19, I've been writing a review on the TFZ X1.
I hope you like it.

Here's the link

TFZ-X1-14_resize.jpg

I hope that all of you, who are in the affected areas, will try to take care of yourselves as much as possible.

Greetings and much encouragement to those who are confined.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back