The Fragrant Zither (TFZ) Reviews and Impressions Thread
Aug 15, 2018 at 5:08 AM Post #466 of 2,251
Have you guys tried PM?

yes i have tried dem, my intention is to share my experience to those who are willing to know or indulge the information that i have regurgitate . thank you i will do that in the future.

Aug 15, 2018 at 5:31 AM Post #468 of 2,251
My point is you cant have the same back and forth between two people for the last 2 pages.. well technically you can.. its just inconsiderate :D

Aug 15, 2018 at 5:47 AM Post #469 of 2,251
My point is you cant have the same back and forth between two people for the last 2 pages.. well technically you can.. its just inconsiderate :D
Tbh with you this thread is quite dead anyways compared to soo many others. A bit of back and forth will only add to the pages haha. Also, from the last 2 pages, it could of helped some people in understanding the queen's, which barely anyone has, to get a an idea of the sound better coming from the tfz discussion thread itself.

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2018 at 7:21 AM Post #470 of 2,251
Tbh with you this thread is quite dead anyways compared to soo many others. A bit of back and forth will only add to the pages haha. Also, from the last 2 pages, it could of helped some people in understanding the queen's, which barely anyone has, to get a an idea of the sound better coming from the tfz discussion thread itself.

At one point I was thinking about the Queen so I subscribed to this thread. I have put that idea on hold at the moment as I have so many good iems and buds already and do not really need another. I do think it looks beautiful:)

Regarding the last couple of pages, you never mentioned that your source is your phone (un-amped) and that your use is not for music listening but rather to watch anime and movies. This knowledge could help others to better help you.

People in other threads have made some good suggestions, including adding a portable amp to your setup.

There has been a price drop in one IEM that was recommended. I don't think you would be disappointed but if you were it is easy to return.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Earphones-...F8&qid=1534331979&sr=8-1&keywords=artiste+dc1

My husband and I both have this and it is excellent. As you know, we also have much more expensive gear. Give it a try.

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2018 at 7:42 AM Post #471 of 2,251
At one point I was thinking about the Queen so I subscribed to this thread. I have put that idea on hold at the moment as I have so many good iems and buds already and do not really need another. I do think it looks beautiful:)

Regarding the last couple of pages, you never mentioned that your source is your phone (un-amped) and that your use is not for music listening but rather to watch anime and movies. This knowledge could help others to better help you.

People in other threads have made some good suggestions, including adding a portable amp to your setup. There has been a price drop in one that was recommended. I don't think you would be disappointed but if you were it is easy to return.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Earphones-...F8&qid=1534331979&sr=8-1&keywords=artiste+dc1

My husband and I both have this and it is excellent. As you know, we also have much more expensive gear. Give it a try.
Thank you once again for your help and yes I do agree the queen's do look absolutely beautiful. Also, I must of missed the other suggestions so will look through that thread again. Regarding the artiste I'll give them a try, it's just the fact that I'm getting soo annoyed now that I've tried soo many sub 100 iems and still can't find something with lots of bass and well done, full sounding vocal performance. However, I'm banking on the queen's being the real deal this time as all people that have tried these like the mids and say the bass is a lot.

Have you tried the artiste for any movies btw?

Aug 15, 2018 at 9:40 AM Post #472 of 2,251
I also audition the TFZ Secret Garden, its comparable to the King pro but its significantly better in the bass section, it is cleaner, punchy and controlled unlike the Queen. However i did not purchase it as i kinda like the King Pro even more, because the bass on Secret Garden is little bit overpowering for me so ill still stick to King pro.

This is good to hear, makes me glad I joined the drop for the Secret Gardens. I had been eyeing the King Pros the last two times they were on Massdrop. I saw the drop for the Secret Gardens and joined. To be honest, it was the "Hemi" Purple that sold me! :grinning: They looked great and I saw a few other mentions of good bass or better bass then the King Pros.

Aug 16, 2018 at 8:10 AM Post #473 of 2,251
Hi Nabillion_786, I have the Artiste DC1 and use it a lot when watching netflix on my phone. Voices sound great and music is superb.

Aug 16, 2018 at 11:23 AM Post #476 of 2,251
Voices are very clear, bass is powerful and overall sound is full bodied
I am ordering them right now. For £22, it can't dent your wallet that much.
I've also seen that you've been blessed in trying out a number of quality iems. How do these generally stack up against them?

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2018 at 9:48 AM Post #478 of 2,251
Guys if you would chose
a tfz iem which would you chose ATM i am looking at secret garden which i think are easy to drive from a smartphone.. But i need good mids for vocals and Instruments a good soundstage so that i get out of box experience and bass for edm.. What do you guys think.. There is a sales going over couple of days need advice asap.. It could be cheaper tfz iems too but my budget allows me secret garden too if sq is very good..

Aug 22, 2018 at 9:51 AM Post #479 of 2,251
Guys if you would chose
a tfz iem which would you chose ATM i am looking at secret garden which i think are easy to drive from a smartphone.. But i need good mids for vocals and Instruments a good soundstage so that i get out of box experience and bass for edm.. What do you guys think.. There is a sales going over couple of days need advice asap.. It could be cheaper tfz iems too but my budget allows me secret garden too if sq is very good..
I would say go for it. I was waiting for the BA versions to come out. soundstage wise though King Pro are really great, sadly havent heard the TFZ SG DD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back