The foobar2000 resource thread
Aug 4, 2012 at 3:02 PM Post #31 of 126
You know, many people do not understand what electric current is. This doesn't stop them using TV and microwave ovens. Description i gave here (and readme.txt) gives reasonable explanation to the person aware of how his amplifier works. What voltage amplifier and current amplifier is... and their functions within device. So, give it a listening test, to make your skepticism some arguments :wink:

CYa, copah
P.S. Excuse me if my post appear to you having some offensive tones. I'm really tried to avoid it look like so.

Aug 26, 2012 at 4:27 PM Post #33 of 126
Does anyone here know if the ipod manager works with IOS 5? I updated my ipod a while ago and I cannot use it with foobar anymore. 

I had a quick look around the foo_dop thread and it seems that the IOS 5 is not supported. Furthermore I doubt the plugin will be updated any time soon either.

Aug 26, 2012 at 4:50 PM Post #35 of 126
Makes me think.

Maybe I should start a 'foobar2000 troubleshoot' thread. Since so many people come to this thread asking for technical help, while it's actually off-topic.

Sep 11, 2012 at 5:01 PM Post #36 of 126
Trying to install foobar2000 on a win7 machine coming from my old winXP machine has been a pain.  I haven't been able to get a columns UI theme pack to save due to the error message saying that it cannot find the config file. 

Sep 30, 2012 at 12:07 AM Post #37 of 126
Well, I do not know where to put this question so I post it in here to look for help, guys. I downloaded many flac,wave files and some of them are big such as over few hundred MBs. The problem is in these folders there are many files such as .cue, .log and of course the wav or the flac files. In foobar2000 with some titles I can right click-> choose Utilities -> choose edit cuesheet-> load the cue or the log files but at some titles I could not do that. It will be much easy if I use JMedia Player but I really do not like JMedia Player. Hope you guys can help me. Thanks a lot!

Sep 30, 2012 at 11:51 AM Post #38 of 126
Quote:
Well, I do not know where to put this question so I post it in here to look for help, guys. I downloaded many flac,wave files and some of them are big such as over few hundred MBs. The problem is in these folders there are many files such as .cue, .log and of course the wav or the flac files. In foobar2000 with some titles I can right click-> choose Utilities -> choose edit cuesheet-> load the cue or the log files but at some titles I could not do that. It will be much easy if I use JMedia Player but I really do not like JMedia Player. Hope you guys can help me. Thanks a lot!

If the cue doesn't work then it is easy to just use Foobar to load the folder and it will automatically cue the files if the information is contained correctly in the Flac files. Quite a few of the flac files you may be downloading from the internet don't have a proper cue file. You can also create your own cue files if you want to go to that trouble there are free programs available to help you with that just do a search. I usually just wind up loading the folder through Foobar and that works for me.

Oct 19, 2012 at 9:15 AM Post #39 of 126
Muleteer DSP — Lab Test

Measure of mass loaded current source's EMF ① against reference signal ② gives dramatic view over distortion levels in poorly controlled environment.

Modern current source devices are cool but their broad-wide "specialization" prevents perfect coupling with tricky consumers. Muleteer Math still disengaged.

Muleteer Math was introduced to the test system. And now it's seriously over transducer's fat ass — maintaining a swiss–like pace, wasting minimally possible energy out.

The amount of intervention, suitable for in Lab amplifier–transducer pair.

The Test Setup

• PC computer with Windows Vista OS.
  • foobar2000.
  • Modified Muleteer DSP. Plugin was modified to cease any modifications in any channels other than left.
  • Oscilloscope Tektronix DPO 4104.

4-a. First channel connected to the left channel output, parallel to the load. Channel load is a dynamic head.

4-b. Second channel connected to the ‘reference‘ — right channel output, which is left without any load.

4-c. Math-channel configured by expression ①*VAR1-②. VAR1 set experimentally to 6.713 to compensate EMF attenuation caused by active part of load.

Feb 14, 2013 at 8:32 AM Post #40 of 126

Apr 23, 2013 at 11:39 PM Post #43 of 126
Just recently got a new computer and switched from XP to Win7. I was having a lot of problems getting programs to work. The one thing I realized is to make sure you always run programs as administrator. In XP it wasn't necessary to tell it to do so every time you ran a program, but I find I have to in Win7. That solved a lot of my problems. Don't know if this will help your problem, just thought I'd jump in.

Apr 24, 2013 at 12:50 AM Post #45 of 126
Quote:
Would you minf telling me how to do it?

First of all you need to get the foo_vis_vumeter.dll and place it in the Components folder, just like any other component.
The actual images of VU-meters are "skins" - you download them separately. These are files with .bin extension. Their location can be configured, but the easiest is to drop them in the Components folder too - that's the default location.
After that you put them on screen just like any other component. Right-click will let you select the skin and layout.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back