The foobar2000 resource thread
Jan 29, 2014 at 3:26 AM Post #92 of 126
Sorry if this is in the wrong place, but I have a question about Foobar2000 and .cue files

The story is such: I used to just drag and drop .cue files into Foobar and they would automatically split into separate tracks. However, when I then tried to drag these tracks into the folder of my MP3 player, they remained .cue files, instead of the .flac files the .cues should've been associated with.

What am I doing wrong? I ended up caving and getting Medieval Cue Splitter, but I know there's a way to get the same result using only Foobar.

If someone would guide this layman through how to do it via Foobar, I would be quite grateful :)

Jan 29, 2014 at 11:14 AM Post #94 of 126
[color=#000000]PiotrTheGreat[/color]:

In the menu bar, press: help -> frequently asked questions

That takes you to the faq page, and there is a section about converting:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Converting Audio Files to Different File Formats
How do I convert my audio files to another format?

Load tracks you want to convert into a playlist, right click, choose 'Convert' from the context menu, click one of sub-options. Converting functionality requires the Converter component to be installed ('Optional Features → Tools → Converter' during installation).

Note that converting to most supported formats requires external command-line encoders. Encoders for various popular formats can be easily installed with the foobar2000 free encoder pack. For the remaining formats, we recommend obtaining encoders from RareWares.

http://www.foobar2000.org/FAQ#converting_audio_files_to_different_file_formats
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jan 31, 2014 at 12:10 AM Post #95 of 126
Hello!

Foobar2000 sounds interesting! I take it that it is a Windows only product? Has someone made a good dynamics processor or expander for Foobar? And let me ask a real stupid question. Is the Dolby headset plugin for noise limiting and expanding dynamic range? Or is it for decoding surround sound audio information? You have an old timer here. :)

Bob Graham

Oct 19, 2014 at 5:05 AM Post #96 of 126
Moar analog VU meters :)

VU meter skins.7z (source)

BMNQJxZ.jpg

Oct 20, 2014 at 3:01 PM Post #100 of 126
Hey Macarych, nice VU meters!

I included the source link to your thread on foobar2000.ru. What else do you want me to add, your full name or just "macarych"?

И Вам не хворать, ну теперь-то это уже ни к чему, проехали.

Hi gevorg, now it is not needed, forget.

Dec 6, 2014 at 2:14 PM Post #101 of 126
Anyone know of an easy solution or plugin to change volume in L and R channels separately? I am having a hard time finding a solution to this and I do like foobar so I wouldnt want to switch to another player. Thanks a lot any help is appreciated.

Dec 6, 2014 at 6:10 PM Post #102 of 126
  Anyone know of an easy solution or plugin to change volume in L and R channels separately? I am having a hard time finding a solution to this and I do like foobar so I wouldnt want to switch to another player. Thanks a lot any help is appreciated.

If you have an xmos asio driver from Thesycon as many dacs do these days there is a channel balance in the asio control panel.

Dec 6, 2014 at 6:44 PM Post #103 of 126
  If you have an xmos asio driver from Thesycon as many dacs do these days there is a channel balance in the asio control panel.

I am using the HRT microstreamer. I use wasapi in foobar. Are you saying if i use Asio instead of wasapi I can change the channel balance? The microstreamer itself has it's own driver I believe

Dec 6, 2014 at 7:12 PM Post #104 of 126

I am using the HRT microstreamer. I use wasapi in foobar. Are you saying if i use Asio instead of wasapi I can change the channel balance? The microstreamer itself has it's own driver I believe

You are using a portable device that is only usb 1.0. I am not aware of any asio driver supplied for that device. If you have some supplied asio driver you can easily look for the control panel if it exists and check for balance control. I doubt that your dac has that. I was referring to dac's that are xmos usb based which covers the majority of desktop dac's around these days.

Dec 6, 2014 at 8:27 PM Post #105 of 126

You can do that in the Graphic Equalizer plugin. Switch mode to Stereo and then you can control each channel separately using the Volume slider (take Auto checkbox off).
Of course the drawback is that if you want to use the EQ, you have to set it up separately for both channels too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back