The foobar2000 resource thread
Dec 7, 2014 at 1:26 AM Post #106 of 126

You can do that in the Graphic Equalizer plugin. Switch mode to Stereo and then you can control each channel separately using the Volume slider (take Auto checkbox off).
Of course the drawback is that if you want to use the EQ, you have to set it up separately for both channels too.

Ok thank you. From my understanding That EQ is always on. If it is set at flat is the sound being distorted at all? There seems to be an echoey sound. I would for sure try to use the Graphic EQ for the balance but not have it change the sound of the music at all.

Dec 7, 2014 at 9:46 PM Post #108 of 126
  I don't hear any echo or distortions, and generally this EQ is considered high quality. Doesn't hurt to try - takes only a few minutes to set up and it's free.

Yes it seems to be working for me, thank you. So if I leave the EQ at flat, than the sound is not being distorted any more than before I installed the Graphic EQ plugin correct? Thanks again

Dec 22, 2014 at 10:05 AM Post #109 of 126
Wow, I just bumped into this thread and eager to apply the sacd  player onto my foobar. Anyone has n idea how can I do it? The needed sacd plugin has been put into my components folder already since i  can see sacd in my preferences -> tools menu.

Yet I can't play back sacd material. I have made some search on the internet and found it's rather complicated. So anyone could help I'd APPRECIATE IT!!

Thanks in advance

Dec 22, 2014 at 10:40 AM Post #110 of 126
  Wow, I just bumped into this thread and eager to apply the sacd  player onto my foobar. Anyone has n idea how can I do it? The needed sacd plugin has been put into my components folder already since i  can see sacd in my preferences -> tools menu.

Yet I can't play back sacd material. I have made some search on the internet and found it's rather complicated. So anyone could help I'd APPRECIATE IT!!

Thanks in advance

The sacd plugin requires that you have a DSD capable dac. The installation will vary depending on which DSD dac you are using. You should refer to the web site of your dac manufacturer for specific instructions for your dac (assuming it has the ability).

Jan 1, 2015 at 8:06 PM Post #113 of 126
I was wondering if anyone has been using this bass exciter for foobar?

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CB0QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hydrogenaud.io%2Fforums%2Findex.php%3Fshowtopic%3D86083&ei=pOylVJ6mNYOSyAS94IDIAQ&usg=AFQjCNH83hThXG4k6E76Nims9qkVn2qOFQ&bvm=bv.82001339,d.aWw

I have it installed on my foobar as it appears in the installed components' list but for some reason I can't see it on the actual panel. Anyone has an idea?

Thanks.

P.S.: I tried to use the Effect DSP but can't make it work either :frowning2:

Oct 2, 2015 at 4:58 AM Post #115 of 126
Is there a tutorial on how I can make my lay out like this one? Particularly how the album are arranged as well as their art on the list?
Awesome!

Somehow I missed those VU plug-ins as well! They look and work fantastic!!! They are not accurate though.

Jan 16, 2016 at 12:17 AM Post #119 of 126
  I'd like to leave this link here for future finds, if any of you current users know what to do with it and utilize it, feel free to download: http://felixmcli.org/archives/227

Interesting. What is it good for?

Feb 12, 2016 at 11:48 PM Post #120 of 126

Interesting. What is it good for?

It's an odd plugin where you can invert the phase out of one channel. Let's say for example you have a speaker amplifier and have a 2.0 setup with passive speakers. If you get one side of the cable backwards and you'd rather invert the phase at the digital source, you wouldn't have switch the + and - at the speaker terminal. Now you may say that is nonsense, why not just switch the cable around. Well you can...but then you don't get the benefit of inverting the phase out of one channel and switching it back at the speaker terminal.

How do you benefit from switching the speaker terminal and phase inversion? Well if you invert phase at the source, the power supply of both your DAC and AMP benefits from having to work opposites instead of together in the push/pull. One side will be a push while the other side will be a pull, thus evening the load on the power supply of your amp. When you do this, something incredible happens in clarity, sub-bass/bass, attack, decay, etc. It's a neat trick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back