The foobar2000 help thread. Got problems or questions? Ask here!
Dec 1, 2013 at 3:22 PM Post #61 of 787
Have an older computer running on xp, installed ASIO and ASIO4all v2, I 'think' it's bypassing the extra processing. It does show asio4all under device and the green box on the taskbar. How can I check to be certain?

Have a newer computer running windows8. Have installed WASAPI, it shows in the installed components window, even checked the components folder, it's there but under playback>outputs>device>it's not there. Computer volume and sounds play through the external dac which also indicates no wasapi? Where am I going wrong???

This would be feeding a modi and/or by later next week an aune x1 through usb.

for ur older computer and asio, the greenbox shows up on the task bar, and the only way it isn't functioning is if you click on that greenbox and it shows and X or something to indicate it's not working.

I guess you can be certain by starting foobar with asio and trying to play something on youtube or any other audio. (it shouldn't work in conjunction).

Your asio set up seems fine from how you explain it.

I can't help you on your 2nd problem though, that's stumping me as well.

Dec 1, 2013 at 8:23 PM Post #62 of 787

for ur older computer and asio, the greenbox shows up on the task bar, and the only way it isn't functioning is if you click on that greenbox and it shows and X or something to indicate it's not working.

I guess you can be certain by starting foobar with asio and trying to play something on youtube or any other audio. (it shouldn't work in conjunction).

Your asio set up seems fine from how you explain it.

I can't help you on your 2nd problem though, that's stumping me as well.

Makes sense although sometimes the usb is x'd out and other times not while no changes were made, strange.  Going to give your suggestions a try when boy lets me borrow the modi again.
biggrin.gif

Still no go with wasapi on the new computer with windoze8.  For the most part I'm computer illiterate so it could be something very simple.   

Appreciate the help.
beerchug.gif

Dec 2, 2013 at 4:53 PM Post #63 of 787
if there is a red X, that indicates the asio drivers aren't in use.

sometimes (I'm on windows 7, i realize you're using xp).
I'd have to close firefox before the asio drivers would start because I might've been using pandora/youtube or anything that can have audio.

and sometimes I'd have to restart foobar, but if you're looking to listen to music while browsing (via ASIO). STart up foobar first and play a song (this isn't as big of an issue with WASAPI in my experience) and then open the browser.

Dec 22, 2013 at 4:57 PM Post #65 of 787
does anybody know why windows can affect the volume when I am playing music in foobar? I thought foobar automatically disables it and I can only control the volume using my amp. I never had this problem before and not sure when it started. 

set up: Laptop->windows 7-> latest ver. foobar2000 -> ASIO -> USB-> AudioGD Compass 384 DAC/AMP-> headphones

Jan 29, 2014 at 3:29 AM Post #66 of 787
Hey guys! Got a little issue with Foobar

The story is such: I used to just drag and drop .cue files into Foobar and they would automatically split into separate tracks. However, when I then tried to drag these tracks into the folder of my MP3 player, they remained .cue files, instead of the .flac files the .cues should've been associated with.

What am I doing wrong? I ended up caving and getting Medieval Cue Splitter, but I know there's a way to get the same result using only Foobar.

If someone would guide this layman through how to do it via Foobar, I would be quite grateful :)

Feb 26, 2014 at 2:05 PM Post #67 of 787
Hi, can you set Foobar to play just a portion of a song ? 
size]

e.g.  i want to start playing a track 12secs in.
I had been using this feature occasionally in iTunes and it is quite easy to set the start and stop points in a song, but i can not find the equivalent in Foobar.  

can anybody please help?  

Mar 1, 2014 at 4:18 PM Post #68 of 787
Hi all,

I'm using foobar2000 with Facets, How can I show album art when I have an album with multiple CDs?

My folder organisation is like this:

Artist
|
|_Album
   |
   |_CD1
   |   |
   |   |_Tracks...
   |
   |_CD2
      |
      |_Tracks...

I have tried putting the cover.jpg picture in the Album folder and in the CD1 and CD2 folder but it never shows.
The covers of albums with only one CD (one folder) show normally. The image is in that single folder and that's easy.

The tracks are in FLAC format.
I tag the files with Mp3tag.
The discnumber tag contains 1 and 2 accordingly.
I've tried putting 1/1 and 2/2 but no positive change.
I would like to keep the discnumber tag to be 1 and 2.

In Facets the album appears as one facet but with no image (no cover).
If I put all the tracks (of both CDs) in one folder, then it works of course.
But I want to keep one folder per CD.

If any of you have managed to do this please tell me how.

My foobar version is 1.3.1

Mar 1, 2014 at 4:30 PM Post #69 of 787
  Hi all,

I'm using foobar2000 with Facets, How can I show album art when I have an album with multiple CDs?

My folder structure is like this:

Artist
|
|_Album
   |
   |_CD1
   |   |
   |   |_Tracks...
   |
   |_CD2
      |
      |_Tracks...

I have tried putting the cover.jpg picture in the Album folder and in the CD1 and CD2 folder but it never shows.
The covers of albums with only one CD (one folder) show normally. The image is in that single folder and that's easy.

The tracks are in FLAC format.
I tag the files with Mp3tag.
The discnumber tag contains 1 and 2 accordingly.
I've tried putting 1/1 and 2/2 but no positive change.
I would like to keep the discnumber tag to be 1 and 2.

In Facets the album appears as one facet but with no image (no cover).
If I put all the tracks (of both CDs) in one folder, then it works of course.
But I want to keep one folder per CD.

If any of you have managed to do this please tell me how.

My foobar version is 1.3.1

Here is the solution:

On the Menu, click File > Preferences.
Once there, you have a menu-tree on the left side of the window.
Click on "Display".
On the right side of the window there is an "Album art" section.
Click the "Front cover" tab.

There you can see a list of search patterns. Something like this:

front.jpg
cover.jpg
%filename%.jpg
%album%.jpg
folder.jpg

Now you have to tell the program to look in the "parent" folder.
So if your album art is called cover.jpg you add this line at the end of the list: 

..\cover.jpg

(exactly as you see it, with the two dots included)

..\ means parent folder

so it will look for a file named cover.jpg in the parent folder. That is, in my structure, the Album folder.
Of course if your album art file is called something else, for example folder.jpg, then you should add the line:

..\folder.jpg

Good luck everybody ! :)

Mar 2, 2014 at 7:31 AM Post #70 of 787
My artist pictures no longer work.....they use to download them from last fm

That has stopped working....any suggestions

Jul 18, 2014 at 4:34 AM Post #71 of 787
Still got a problem with Foobar that I'm hoping you folks could help me out with.

So, this is what I've got in the folder

From my understanding of how to have Foobar split up a .cue file, I'm supposed to drag the .cue file in this folder into a new playlist, select all the files, hit convert, and convert to FLAC, yes?

Well, here's what happens when I do just that

Please tell me this is just me not doing something, and not Foobar itself. I don't want to go back to Medieval CUE Splitter, and CUE Tools melted my mind (since I never could figure out if I could even separate .cue files that WEREN'T on a CD)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back