The Florida Head-Fi Beach Party. Tampa, June 9th.
Feb 28, 2007 at 10:20 AM Post #46 of 864
Quote:

Originally Posted by agile_one /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Whatever are you talking about, John? Are you suggesting we are gear 'hos?
eek.gif

hmmmm, now that you mention it, there are a couple of pieces on the horizon, and who knows what may pop up at the National that one of just has to have. I hear rumors of solid state offerings from some company in Denver ...
very_evil_smiley.gif

I don't know about you, Gene, but I know that John has picked up at least two, maybe three sources, and I think three, maybe four more amps in the last couple months as well as one known pair of headphones. I'm not including his other audio purchases. Mike is out of control in ampland, and I'm gonna guess five or more amps since Dec's meet, plus a nice Esoteric and K1000s also. I'm sure I've not included everything here, but these guys are so speedy, I can't keep up. I, being relatively sane, have only managed one source, three amps (two portable) and three headphones, one (MS1s) since traded for a switchbox (thank you, HighLife). Perhaps it's time to begin a gear list to find out what everyone's been up to.

Feb 28, 2007 at 10:52 AM Post #47 of 864
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am hoping for one or two changes/additions to the rig. I will likely be losing the Sig 30 as I think I am going with the First Watt F1. I will give it another week before a final decision is made. The Wheatfield, who knows. It was an impulse buy but it might be nice to have it for the meet as I maybe one of the few that have heard it before that will be at the meet other than stevieo.

Has a new source been added to your rig?

I would like to hear the Wheatfield. Speaking of Stevieo, aren't we supposed to have a mini-meet in a couple weeks? I have a surprise to bring.

Feb 28, 2007 at 10:56 AM Post #48 of 864
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would like to hear the Wheatfield. Speaking of Stevieo, aren't we supposed to have a mini-meet in a couple weeks? I have a surprise to bring.

He gets in on 3/6, I believe. Maybe we could do it on 3/8, which is the night before the first day of Langerado.

Feb 28, 2007 at 12:02 PM Post #50 of 864
Quote:

t these guys are so speedy, I can't keep up. I, being relatively sane, have only managed one source, three amps (two portable) and three headphones, one (MS1s) since traded for a switchbox (thank you, HighLife). Perhaps it's time to begin a gear list to find out what everyone's been up to.

You may have bought only one amp reently but you had it upgraded twice and have cornered the market on large industrial type tubes so I am going to count that at least twice, Sane is relative, although I really like the sound of your set up

I am teetering on the brink of buying an F3 once again, the APL 2900 purchase fell through and I think I really like the Cary 300b so that stays for the near future. My other cdp should be back from the shop really soon so I will have that for our meet along with the Exemplar triple threat.

PS to the Florida Exemplar owners club, John Tucker has upgraded the design and is now using the dyna caps in place of the auracaps. He states it makes a nice improvement.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 28, 2007 at 12:06 PM Post #51 of 864
Quote:

Originally Posted by agile_one /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Whatever are you talking about, John? Are you suggesting we are gear 'hos?
eek.gif

hmmmm, now that you mention it, there are a couple of pieces on the horizon, and who knows what may pop up at the National that one of just has to have. I hear rumors of solid state offerings from some company in Denver ...
very_evil_smiley.gif

yes we are gear hos, I can not wait to hear the latest rig you have put together. Knowing you did not backslide sonically or visually this is going to be one sweet rig.

Feb 28, 2007 at 1:37 PM Post #52 of 864
Quote:

Originally Posted by jp11801 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You may have bought only one amp reently but you had it upgraded twice and have cornered the market on large industrial type tubes so I am going to count that at least twice, Sane is relative, although I really like the sound of your set up

I am teetering on the brink of buying an F3 once again, the APL 2900 purchase fell through and I think I really like the Cary 300b so that stays for the near future. My other cdp should be back from the shop really soon so I will have that for our meet along with the Exemplar triple threat.

PS to the Florida Exemplar owners club, John Tucker has upgraded the design and is now using the dyna caps in place of the auracaps. He states it makes a nice improvement.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Please note that I qualified my sanity in my previous post. Compared to you guys, my sanity is above suspicion. I may even sell two or three headphones, or one or two, or...uh...one...pretty much for sure.

Feb 28, 2007 at 1:50 PM Post #53 of 864
Quote:

Please note that I qualified my sanity in my previous post. Compared to you guys, my sanity is above suspicion. I may even sell two or three headphones, or one or two, or...uh...one...pretty much for sure.

If it's your K340's let me know.
icon10.gif

Feb 28, 2007 at 1:59 PM Post #54 of 864
Quote:

icon10.gif

Don't listen to him. I want em.
icon10.gif

Feb 28, 2007 at 2:09 PM Post #55 of 864
Quote:

Originally Posted by PsychoZX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
icon10.gif

Joe, you are one of us. You at the heart of what it is to be a Florida Headfier, despite your distance. However, there is a saying: Headphone gear that is in South Florida, stays in South Florida (assuming availability and price is right).

Feb 28, 2007 at 2:23 PM Post #56 of 864
Quote:

icon10.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by PsychoZX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
icon10.gif

Not a chance, boys. The K340s stay with me.

Feb 28, 2007 at 3:16 PM Post #58 of 864
hahaha...i know the bug is in us all.

Im seriously considering selling my 580s-MS1's and buying Jp's 325i's.

Grado bug got me good...been listening to the MS1's since i got them. Cant put them down....

Feb 28, 2007 at 3:22 PM Post #59 of 864
Quote:

Originally Posted by HighLife /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hahaha...i know the bug is in us all.

Im seriously considering selling my 580s-MS1's and buying Jp's 325i's.

Grado bug got me good...been listening to the MS1's since i got them. Cant put them down....

Hah! You just reminded me. Along with multiple amp and source acquisitions, he's picked up at least two pairs of headphones since the Dec. meet.

Feb 28, 2007 at 3:27 PM Post #60 of 864
Quote:

Hah! You just reminded me. Along with multiple amp and source acquisitions, he's picked up at least two pairs of headphones since the Dec. meet.

I think I have an gear stalker.
biggrin.gif

Actually 3 pairs. K1000 (not arrived yet), HD600 and K340s both of which will be for sale soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back