The Florida Head-Fi Beach Party. Tampa, June 9th.
Feb 16, 2007 at 9:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 864

NightWoundsTime

A nice hunk of young man
The date is decided on, the place is set, and now all that's left is to make your plans to come hang out with us. This meet, as per usual for us Floridians, will occupy pretty much a whole weekend. The actual meet will occur on June 9th from 9 AM until whenever in the PM we decide to break it down. Usually Stevieo lets us know when it's gone on long enough by doing something insane enough to shock the entire room.

Location: The Radisson Bay Harbor Inn. Located on the Courtney Campbell Causeway, right on Tampa Bay.
loc_450.jpg

Other probable entertainment for the weekend includes drunken behavior, exceptional dining, and some sort of live music venue. Not much is published yet as far as acts at my favorite locations but I'm sure something good will develop. Also on Sunday the stragglers are invited to come have lunch down the road from my residence in Brandon (at the junction of I-75 for those of you escaping the jungle of Tampa by car), at the Wat Mongkolratanaram Bhuddist Temple. Excellent Thai food in a cool environment. Tyrion has demanded another visit there, and who am I to deny a mod?

Updated attendance list thus far:
Confirmed:
NightWoundsTime
Tyrion
JP11801
Agile_one
Boomana
MikeG
Reivaj
Gloomfire
Flecom
Gpalmer
Seabreeze
Towert7
Thrice
JimAxp
Purk

Possibly:
WMcmanus
Rsaavedra
Mikhail
MASantos
Immtbiker
Highlife (Buehler, Beuhler?)
Ray Samuels. He'll have Apache cases in the house waiting for assembly so he's on the fence.
Sovkiller?
Dropped out: Stevieo.

Weekend Itenerary

Friday late lunch at Grass Roots, contact Agile_one for details.

Friday night van ride to Ybor from the Radisson at 6:30. Multiple beer bars and a live show at Crowbar. Scheduled return is 1 AM.

Saturday meet from 9 AM to 5 PM. Dinner somewhere nearby. Late night foolishness at the hotel.

Sunday lunch at the Thai temple.

Feb 16, 2007 at 10:10 PM Post #2 of 864
Wow this sounds great, I will try to see if I can make it to the FL in June to attend this meet. Going to that buddhist temple sounds great too, as well as attend some live music venue after the meet.

Feb 16, 2007 at 10:54 PM Post #3 of 864
Raul, the Buddhist Temple is very cool. Excellent Thai food. It is definite for Sunday lunch. It would be great if you can make it. I can give you that adapter you left behind.
icon10.gif

Feb 16, 2007 at 11:00 PM Post #4 of 864
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Raul, the Buddhist Temple is very cool. Excellent Thai food. It is definite for Sunday lunch. It would be great if you can make it. I can give you that adapter you left behind.
icon10.gif

Oh Mike I had forgotten about that! You mean the mini to 1/4"? Now I definitely have to go!
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

Feb 17, 2007 at 7:07 PM Post #8 of 864
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for picking that date. This will be the kick off for my summer vacation. I'm definitely in.

cant say it better then that =) im in for sure.

Feb 17, 2007 at 7:21 PM Post #9 of 864
I hope to be there in my Atom! Thanks for putting this one together, Matthew. Mike really did need a break, plus it's nice to spend some time on the other side every now and then. The location looks nice. Can we set up some portable rigs under one of the big beach umbrellas? I'd like to try to attract more women to the hobby, and will do my best to lure in any bikini clad young hotties that happen to walk by. Middle aged men with big bellies and portable amps are always a hit with young ladies. Maybe Ray can be my assistant (so long as he doesn't frighten them with his lilly white legs)! Man, I love picking on Ray. He's so cool. I want to be just like him when (err, if) I grow up.

Feb 17, 2007 at 11:55 PM Post #12 of 864
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well I just made reservations for two nights, arriving on the 8th and departing on the 10th.
evil_smiley.gif

Good man, Miguel ... you're in for a treat. Glad to have you visit over here on the left coast.

Feb 18, 2007 at 2:28 AM Post #14 of 864
How much for a room per night there?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back