The Florida Head-Fi Beach Party. Tampa, June 9th.
Feb 18, 2007 at 4:02 PM Post #16 of 864
As Florida is a major vacation destination, you can find at all turnpike rest stops a Florida travel discount guide booklet, with discount coupons for most hotels/motels including the Tampa Radission on the Courtney Cambell Causeway. Today rates $79 1 - 4 peopele till 1-31 07. On the cover of the magazine it says its official online partner is RoomSaver.com. So folks from outside the area can secure a good rate using the online service.

This way every one can have some extra pennies for some of the candy they see at the meet.

Feb 18, 2007 at 4:22 PM Post #17 of 864
Quote:

Originally Posted by SEABREEZE /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As Florida is a major vacation destination, you can find at all turnpike rest stops a Florida travel discount guide booklet, with discount coupons for most hotels/motels including the Tampa Radission on the Courtney Cambell Causeway. Today rates $79 1 - 4 peopele till 1-31 07. On the cover of the magazine it says its official online partner is RoomSaver.com. So folks from outside the area can secure a good rate using the online service.

This way every one can have some extra pennies for some of the candy they see at the meet.

Using RoomSaver.com it is still giving me $139/night. Is there a coupon code to get the cheaper rate? Using AAA I was able to get it down to $129/night.

Feb 19, 2007 at 5:44 AM Post #19 of 864
Quote:

Originally Posted by PsychoZX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I not 100% but I am pretty sure I will be able to make it.

Joe, that's good news. It wouldn't be the same without you.
icon10.gif

Feb 19, 2007 at 8:55 PM Post #20 of 864
Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wonder whether Mihail will make this one. I'd love to hear the ES-1, and also the combined dynamic/stat amp.

I talked to Mikhail today about another matter, but mentioned the meet. He said he wanted to come. I took his comments as enthusiam rather than a decision, but there it is, and indicates a very real possibility.

Feb 20, 2007 at 2:36 PM Post #22 of 864
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Using RoomSaver.com it is still giving me $139/night. Is there a coupon code to get the cheaper rate? Using AAA I was able to get it down to $129/night.

NO there is no coupon code... As there is low and high seasons in the travel industry, perhaps that time of the year may be the high.
However a good test would be to see what you can get a room through Roomsaver presently, as the booklet has it at $79 till the end of the month.

That should be a good indicator if Roomsaver is on par with the bookllet.

Feb 20, 2007 at 2:48 PM Post #23 of 864
Ya, most likely ill be looking for a room outside that hotel =)

God, being broke sucks hahahaha

Feb 20, 2007 at 11:06 PM Post #24 of 864
Hey Dom, I'm sure you can find someone to split a room with or maybe even crash on the couch if someone gets a suite. Sadly there isn't much in Tampa that would be cheaper save for some really run down joints, which would be a heck of a long way from the meet. I'm looking to split a room as well to save the driving after our debauchery both nights.

Feb 20, 2007 at 11:09 PM Post #25 of 864
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I talked to Mikhail today about another matter, but mentioned the meet. He said he wanted to come. I took his comments as enthusiam rather than a decision, but there it is, and indicates a very real possibility.

Being the summer and in Florida maybe he can convince his wife to make the trip again like he did a few years ago. Short drive over to Clearwater if you want a real ocean beach. We should get Ray to bring his family as well! Everyone bring the families! Lol. I can only imagine the drama when all of you are ignoring the wives, or my disappointment at the Friday and Saturday evening activities being devoid of the married folks.

Feb 20, 2007 at 11:55 PM Post #26 of 864
Hrmm, this meet might finally be a good excuse for me to visit Florida for the first time. Would be a great summer mini-vacation too.
smily_headphones1.gif
Count me in as tentative!

If all goes according to plan, I'm probably not going to have most of the gear currently in my sig/profile, but hopefully I'll still have some transportable goodies, we'll just have to see.

Feb 20, 2007 at 11:59 PM Post #27 of 864
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hrmm, this meet might finally be a good excuse for me to visit Florida for the first time. Would be a great summer mini-vacation too.
smily_headphones1.gif
Count me in as tentative!

If all goes according to plan, I'm probably not going to have most of the gear currently in my sig/profile, but hopefully I'll still have some transportable goodies, we'll just have to see.

Another West Coaster joining us. Last meet it was Voltron. It would be great to have you.

Feb 21, 2007 at 12:01 AM Post #28 of 864
Im really considering getting a RV for the trip =) My friends father has a place where he rents them. I asked him it was possible if i could get a small one for a weekend trip. He told me that its prob possible and might not cost us a thing (cept for gas and tolls). However, i need a person with a certain type of licence to drive heehha.

Feb 21, 2007 at 12:39 AM Post #29 of 864
I have a Class D license, but I'm not sure I'd be willing to drive around someone else's RV. It is my secret dream, however, to win the lotto, buy an RV and travel around the country for a couple years.

BTW, Maya said to sign her up for Tampa. One more for Team Girl-fi.

Gentlemen, we may have had the first head-fi meet last night where the ratio of men to women was equal.

Feb 21, 2007 at 1:49 AM Post #30 of 864
Quote:

Originally Posted by NightWoundsTime /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Being the summer and in Florida maybe he can convince his wife to make the trip again like he did a few years ago. Short drive over to Clearwater if you want a real ocean beach. We should get Ray to bring his family as well! Everyone bring the families! Lol. I can only imagine the drama when all of you are ignoring the wives, or my disappointment at the Friday and Saturday evening activities being devoid of the married folks.

We're a family friendly crew. Melinda fits right in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back