The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
Oct 17, 2023 at 12:26 PM Post #6,571 of 6,678
ahhhh, that's what I'm trying to avoid haha. Since I'm looking for a custom, my options are pretty limited, and once the RN6 is gone, I can't ever have it as a custom even if it's used... But it seems statistically likely I'll prefer a FATFreq/FitEar/Aroma iem, so should be safe skipping RN6 :fingers_crossed:

This is really helpful! To be honest I was ready to book a flight soon just to demo if I wasn't too sure, so I'm really glad for these comparisons! Thank you so much!

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2023 at 12:29 PM Post #6,572 of 6,678
I actually find that both have quite similar sound signatures. They seem to overlap more than complement each other. So, choosing either one, you wouldn't miss out on what the other offers. The only thing you'd miss is the limited edition aspect, which, I admit, I fell for as well. 😅
I might be wrong but I suspect those limited edition stuff is mostly just marketing play. I like fir and have m4 and xe6 ciems. But they 1st said rn6 is a limited edition in universal form only. Then they said ciem form is also limited. Yet they're still taking order now at a good discount. At several hundred units, limited edition is pretty meaningless for totl iems as most, if not all at this price bracket can only manage to sell that much anyway.

Oct 17, 2023 at 12:34 PM Post #6,573 of 6,678
I might be wrong but I suspect those limited edition stuff is mostly just marketing play. I like fir and have m4 and xe6 ciems. But they 1st said rn6 is a limited edition in universal form only. Then they said ciem form is also limited. Yet they're still taking order now at a good discount. At several hundred units, limited edition is pretty meaningless for totl iems as most, if not all at this price bracket can only manage to sell that much anyway.

I was quite aware, I was expecting some serial number xxx/100 on a platinum card or something, but no, so whoops! don't bring out the secrets it's crushing a lot of people's fantasy ........ let...me......stay in my dreams... 😅

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2023 at 3:04 PM Post #6,574 of 6,678
ahhhh, that's what I'm trying to avoid haha. Since I'm looking for a custom, my options are pretty limited, and once the RN6 is gone, I can't ever have it as a custom even if it's used... But it seems statistically likely I'll prefer a FATFreq/FitEar/Aroma iem, so should be safe skipping RN6 :fingers_crossed:

This is really helpful! To be honest I was ready to book a flight soon just to demo if I wasn't too sure, so I'm really glad for these comparisons! Thank you so much!
you CAN buy a used one if you ever find someone selling their custom Rn6. Fir will reshell CIEM for a fee

but personally I'd just get the fitear which is pretty limited itself.

Oct 17, 2023 at 4:47 PM Post #6,575 of 6,678
I really liked RN6 but Fitear has a magic DNA you can’t find easily in other IEMs, at least in TG334 I own.
One day I’ll get another Fitear but unfortunately AIR2 and DC are CIEM only, so I’d get a TG335 then

Oct 18, 2023 at 2:03 AM Post #6,576 of 6,678

Just to add, if my Maestro mini is anything similar to its siblings, then Fatfreq's house sound will be quite different in tuning to Fitear's house sound. Where Mids is taken back abit, whereas the other is the iconic Mids king.

Oct 19, 2023 at 5:19 AM Post #6,577 of 6,678
I did some EQ'ing with Fitear EST's bass and notice that the single BAs were extremely bass capable, they can provide a fun impactful quality that I find just as addictive as DC's non EQ'd (When EQ'd, DC obviously reaches explosive levels). Never thought a single BA will be this capable covering such a spectrum. Impressive.

Nov 6, 2023 at 2:59 AM Post #6,578 of 6,678
Big shout out to Claire and Wilson of Jaben SG! Listening to the MH335ht customs. :) Will give them some time to settle. But, as usual, absolutely beautiful fit. The stem does seem to be a bit shorter than the old BA FitEars, though not as short as the DD based ones.

IMG_0512.jpeg

Nov 6, 2023 at 5:03 AM Post #6,579 of 6,678
Big shout out to Claire and Wilson of Jaben SG! Listening to the MH335ht customs. :) Will give them some time to settle. But, as usual, absolutely beautiful fit. The stem does seem to be a bit shorter than the old BA FitEars, though not as short as the DD based ones.

IMG_0512.jpeg
Congrats Kiats! Turnover’s fast this time.

Nov 6, 2023 at 5:23 AM Post #6,580 of 6,678
Congrats Kiats! Turnover’s fast this time.
Thanks man! I was surprised too. Luck of the draw, I guess. I should say that my first pair of customs, the C435, took just two weeks or so. But that was when FitEar was first introduced to the rest of the world by Wilson and Jaben. :)

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2023 at 7:52 PM Post #6,581 of 6,678
Been running the MH335ht with the Sony 1ZM2, Shanling M9 and M9+. One interesting thing that comes through is that the MH335ht is meatier and denser than appeared when I was listening to the demo unit previously. Not surprisingly. For some reason, the demo units from FitEar has tended to not sound as good as the final custom. But of course YMMV.

The other thing, other than the shorter stems which are very comfortable as you’d expected from FitEar, is that whilst the demo unit tended to showcase the pristine trebles and the taut bass distinctly, in the custom they are melded together in a much more cohesive sound signature. Still very FitEar of course. Some folks who had listened to the MH335ht has commented that they thought the mids were a bit forward. Well, in the customs, that is not the case at all. It is actually very balanced. if you have the MH335DW, or the MH335DWSR, you might still want to give the MH335ht some thought. Frankly, I think it is complementary but quite different. :)

IMG_0521.jpeg

Nov 8, 2023 at 10:31 PM Post #6,582 of 6,678
Tried a few FitEar yesterday to confirm which one I like

At the end I narrowed down to MH334SR (again), MH335ht and DCTi

So I went for the MH335ht for something new, DCTi was tempting but the massive cost and needing to amp all the time put me off

1000056745.jpg

Nov 9, 2023 at 3:14 AM Post #6,583 of 6,678
Tried a few FitEar yesterday to confirm which one I like

At the end I narrowed down to MH334SR (again), MH335ht and DCTi

So I went for the MH335ht for something new, DCTi was tempting but the massive cost and needing to amp all the time put me off

1000056745.jpg

Congrats! I think you will enjoy the MH335ht. The shorter stem is an excellent innovation. It offers both the comfort and ease of wearing as the DD based Fitears while having that little bit more security. I will also say that the actual custom will sound ever better than the demo unit. Look forward to hearing what you think of the custom when it arrives. :)

Nov 9, 2023 at 6:36 AM Post #6,585 of 6,678
All the MH335ht posts makes me wanna order one too lol

Like this? The MH335ht sounds divine with the just released Luxury & Precision P6Pro Ti. :)

IMG_0561.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back