The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
Oct 1, 2023 at 10:15 PM Post #6,542 of 6,678
Aren’t fitear pins a lil bit different based on this pic? Sennheiser pins do work, but fitear pins are quite cheaper to buy.
i don't have the dimensions of both neither did i try personally. but many people said they're interchangeable and the furutech plugs (for HD series) are used for the insanely expensive creator cables so i believed they're indeed compatible (even if not identical). but from your side-by-side photos, there're subtle difference in dimensions to my eyes too.
on the price, seems the sennheiser is cheaper (likely due to economies of scale for sennheiser has been out in market for years and more popular i guess?)

https://bispa.co.jp/1944
https://bispa.co.jp/2110

Yes the FitEar connector is similar but not identical. I believe the polarity is reversed on the FitEar connector too.
indeed, i read from japanese sites that the polarity is inverse too.

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2023 at 10:33 PM Post #6,543 of 6,678
i don't have the dimensions of both neither did i try personally. but many people said they're interchangeable and the furutech plugs (for HD series) are used for the insanely expensive creator cables so i believed they're indeed compatible (even if not identical). but from your side-by-side photos, there're subtle difference in dimensions to my eyes too.
on the price, seems the sennheiser is cheaper (likely due to economies of scale for sennheiser has been out in market for years and more popular i guess?)

https://bispa.co.jp/1944
https://bispa.co.jp/2110

indeed, i read from japanese sites that the polarity is inverse too.
Yes. The polarity is reversed.

Oct 2, 2023 at 7:42 PM Post #6,544 of 6,678
IMG_2415.jpeg

Had an amazing time at Canjam SoCal, managed to snap a quick picture of my Fitear DC Ti with a bespoke Nightjar Acoustics cable which I was able to collect in person. This is an enormous improvement over the springy Fitear 00 type cable I was using before and really plays to the dc tis strengths, expansive soundstage and lovely treble.

Trying the DC Ti on proper balanced sources alongside the Nightjar Singularity and Subtonic storm was the highlight of the show for me.

Oct 2, 2023 at 8:48 PM Post #6,545 of 6,678
IMG_2415.jpeg
Had an amazing time at Canjam SoCal, managed to snap a quick picture of my Fitear DC Ti with a bespoke Nightjar Acoustics cable which I was able to collect in person. This is an enormous improvement over the springy Fitear 00 type cable I was using before and really plays to the dc tis strengths, expansive soundstage and lovely treble.

Trying the DC Ti on proper balanced sources alongside the Nightjar Singularity and Subtonic storm was the highlight of the show for me.
Ah… you will notice that most folks who have FitEars don’t actually use the stock cables. I have a collection of unused stock FitEar cables going back to my first FitEar Custom C435. I use my FitEars with Brise and Eletech cables. Hence, I am not surprised it would sound better with a third party cable. :)

Oct 3, 2023 at 9:30 AM Post #6,546 of 6,678
I just got my air 2 today after 3 months waiting! :slight_smile: very similar to titan's lovely sound signature and the same perfect and comfortable fit. really great iems from fitear :ksc75smile:

i demoed 335ht for a short while after picking up my air2. the sound deviates a lot from the titan family (or 334/335) - sounds quite pristine as @Kiats said but surprisingly it costs much less than the 335sr. i'm not sure if i should order one . . .
I know its not easy to compare CIEM with UIEM, but is 335ht more simialr to TG334 than TG335 or a sort of brighter TG334?
I think this new construction with the MH335ht does bring a very different sound signature. The FitEar DNA is definitely still there. But there seems to be this liberation of the trebles. I am not sure how others will feel about it.
Looks like 335ht has more air and breath on highs compared to older model, and maybe new fitear has thinner sound comapred to older models, right?

Oct 3, 2023 at 10:21 AM Post #6,547 of 6,678
I know its not easy to compare CIEM with UIEM, but is 335ht more simialr to TG334 than TG335 or a sort of brighter TG334?

Looks like 335ht has more air and breath on highs compared to older model, and maybe new fitear has thinner sound comapred to older models, right?
doesn't sound like either tg334 or tg335 to my ears. it sounds more akin to the tuning of silver in fact. maybe it's because both are tuned by Horida Tsubaki?

Oct 3, 2023 at 10:36 AM Post #6,548 of 6,678

Hmm… not so sure about thinner sound cos the bass is more well defined. :)

Oct 5, 2023 at 8:30 AM Post #6,549 of 6,678
Just got the DC, amazing first impression so far, what is all this super coherent tuning since the EST with just 2 drivers and now 3 with the DC, so few yet so good.

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2023 at 11:04 AM Post #6,550 of 6,678
Just got the DC, amazing first impression so far, what is all this super coherent tuning since the EST with just 2 drivers and now 3 with the DC, so few yet so good.
Yes, the DC is also very nicely organic. Needs plenty of power but you will be rewarded with sweet music. :)

Oct 5, 2023 at 11:11 AM Post #6,551 of 6,678
Yes, the DC is also very nicely organic. Needs plenty of power but you will be rewarded with sweet music. :)
true Indeed, with more power, more details and everything!

Oct 11, 2023 at 8:33 AM Post #6,552 of 6,678
FitEar accepts 3D STL files or they ask for physical ear molds?

Oct 11, 2023 at 8:39 AM Post #6,553 of 6,678
Oct 11, 2023 at 8:46 AM Post #6,554 of 6,678
I know they still require physical.
Too bad. They could easily 3D print the molds with the STL files.

I will ask Wilson from Jaben if there's a Universal version of the DC Ti available.

Oct 11, 2023 at 6:09 PM Post #6,555 of 6,678
likely they feel more comfortable trimming ear impressions by hand to specifically accommodate the fitment and placement of the fitear connector. the method for taking impressions slightly differs too, they are a lot more specific about what impressions can be worked with and which get rejected (that's why getting them done through an AD is best, if not mandatory)

but I do agree I wish they'd accept digital impressions one day for convenience.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back