The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
Jun 5, 2023 at 10:32 AM Post #6,451 of 6,678
A few others seem to have similar experience afaik.
Thanks for the heads up. I might ask a friend to get it on my behalf if I like what I'm hearing. Fitear is a good brand but far from the only company that sells great iem. Though their build quality is probably second to none and I heard their customs are some of the best fitted in the industry.

Jun 5, 2023 at 10:41 AM Post #6,452 of 6,678
Thanks for the heads up. I might ask a friend to get it on my behalf if I like what I'm hearing. Fitear is a good brand but far from the only company that sells great iem. Though their build quality is probably second to none and I heard their customs are some of the best fitted in the industry.
Yes, their custom fit is unparalleled. Anyway, they do have a range of universal IEMs. :) Or you can make a pair of customs outside Japan.

Jun 5, 2023 at 10:43 AM Post #6,453 of 6,678
I know a lot of artists using FitEar but most of them using Universal due to the better isolation, especially vocalists.

The custom one are, of course, more comfortable, but comfort is the only advantage. If Sound is your highest priority or you want to use them while moving your mouth, universal is recommended.

And yes, the homepage clearly states in fat and red font, that orders from people who do not live in Japan are not accepted.

Jun 5, 2023 at 10:59 AM Post #6,454 of 6,678
Or you can make a pair of customs outside Japan
I've heard there are dealers in HK and SG so I'll try going that route if necessary.

Sound is your highest priority or you want to use them while moving your mouth, universal is recommended.
The TG variants don't seem to fit my ears well. Granted that was years ago and things might've changed. Much prefer the salability of universal though. Universal having better isolation than customs does seem unusual as I've not tried any universal that isolate better than my custom.

Jun 5, 2023 at 11:05 AM Post #6,455 of 6,678
it seems almost an unanimous consensus that fitear makes the best fitting ciems. i've multiple 64audio, fir audio, UE, just ears, empire ears and aaw ciems. my personal experience is fitear is making by far the best fitting and most comfortable ciems. due to the short nozzle design, i found they seal very well even when my mouth is moving (e.g. having lunch). yes, the passive isolation maybe not the best but i still find them better then just ears and adequate for the very noisy subway journeys and my daily commuting routes.

I also share Vamp898's comment that the universal seals very well (on par if not better than ciem version) and comfort is likely the key advantage of ciem over universals. but of coz some metal shell models are not available in universal making ciem the only way to go (not counting the ultra expensive universal versions bundled with creator cables).

i'm sure you'll find titan or 334 enticing and can't let go after demo. happy shopping :ksc75smile:

Jun 5, 2023 at 11:31 PM Post #6,456 of 6,678
Quick note I was browsing through my old photos and found the 335 I've heard was the sr model as indicated on the earphone. Looks like I either have to try a different cable/source or I might need to look elsewhere.

The 335DW-SR is impeccable on imagaing and seperation, even though funny enough that is not immediately appreciable. I have learnt that fact over many years of ownership during which I have also come to own many different flagships with the newest drivers and technology, many of which "wow"ed with an artificial imaging and soundstaging capabilities but won't come close to the SR for the sheer raw truthfulness in presentation which would become more and more apparent in the long run.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2023 at 1:50 AM Post #6,457 of 6,678
The 335DW-SR is impeccable on imagaing and seperation, even though funny enough that is not immediately appreciable. I have learnt that fact over many years of ownership during which I have also come to own many different flagships with the newest drivers and technology, many of which "wow"ed with an artificial imaging and soundstaging capabilities but won't come close to the SR for the sheer raw truthfulness in presentation which would become more and more apparent in the long run.
I totally agree with you. The longer I listened to it, the more I love it! And yep, the fitting is awesome, especially when used during my flights last time, the air pressure was naturally relieved.
I have other customs in the past, but I prefer this fitting.

In the recent canjam in SG (Mar 2023) i tried many IEMs brands with latest technologies, but still ended up chosen 335DW-SR due to its great imaging, big soundstage and natural voices - the demo unit I tried was like listening from open back headphones!

I am actually more of a headphone guy, with my fave HD800 and Staxes, and when I listened to this 335DW-SR I said it to myself - this is it!!

I shared my impressions during the canjam in these posts:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/can...-march-25-26-2023.967460/page-2#post-17476539

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/can...-march-25-26-2023.967460/page-8#post-17478570

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2023 at 8:07 AM Post #6,458 of 6,678
I know a lot of artists using FitEar but most of them using Universal due to the better isolation, especially vocalists.

The custom one are, of course, more comfortable, but comfort is the only advantage. If Sound is your highest priority or you want to use them while moving your mouth, universal is recommended.

And yes, the homepage clearly states in fat and red font, that orders from people who do not live in Japan are not accepted.

That is interesting. Not quite my experience with sound quality being better on universals. I have had both their universals and customs before going fully custom. :) As for using while moving mouth, that is perhaps why FitEar ear impressions are taken with mouth moving.

Jun 8, 2023 at 9:44 AM Post #6,459 of 6,678
I recall previously someone had pinged me about the Brise Yatono Ultimate 8W cable I was using with my FitEar customs. Well, Wilson from Jaben Singapore had pinged me to let me know he had one pair in stock. Just in case anyone is still interested. :)

Jun 8, 2023 at 10:47 PM Post #6,461 of 6,678
Jun 14, 2023 at 9:38 AM Post #6,462 of 6,678
Hey guys, I have been using DC Ti for about 2 months now, paring with SE180 SEM2 with 007B. I am looking for cable upgrade. I wonder what you guys used for your DC Ti. I mostly listem to J-POP, anitsongs and femal vocal. Currently i have my eyes on Wagnus Nucleon and Brise Naobi-Ulitmate. Many thanks.

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2023 at 9:52 AM Post #6,463 of 6,678
Hey guys, I have been using DC Ti for about 2 months now, paring with SE180 SEM2 with 007B. I am looking for cable upgrade. I wonder what you guys used for your DC Ti. I mostly listem to J-POP, anitsongs and femal vocal. Currently i have my eyes on Wagnus Nucleon and Brise Naobi-Ulitmate. Many thanks.
I liked mine with the Yatono Ultimate. I currently use mine with the Eletech Ode to Laura.

Jun 14, 2023 at 11:04 AM Post #6,464 of 6,678
I liked mine with the Yatono Ultimate. I currently use mine with the Eletech Ode to Laura.
Oh I thought copper cable would make is more bassy. I was told by other user silver cable is great pair with DC Ti. Saddly the two you are using is way out of my budget

Jun 14, 2023 at 10:15 PM Post #6,465 of 6,678
I like Naobi-Ultimate with DC Ti. Better vocal clarity in the mids, less treble sparkle compared to the Aqua 009 pairing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back