The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
May 27, 2023 at 12:37 AM Post #6,436 of 6,678
Oh I forgot to post here but I finally got my MH334SR CIEM! Very happy with it, fit is great, sounds great, this is now my favourite IEM that I own. Exactly 8 weeks as Jaben SG told me. Will take better photos later, been way too busy listening to them since Wednesday.
Congrats on the new CIEM!

Jun 2, 2023 at 4:54 AM Post #6,437 of 6,678
Oh I forgot to post here but I finally got my MH334SR CIEM! Very happy with it, fit is great, sounds great, this is now my favourite IEM that I own. Exactly 8 weeks as Jaben SG told me. Will take better photos later, been way too busy listening to them since Wednesday.
Congrats 🎉

I was having hard time to choose between MH334-SR and MH335DW-SR earlier, as both of them sounded awesome! After spent like hours auditioned them, I picked the latter…

It was very tough decision for me 😂

Jun 2, 2023 at 2:17 PM Post #6,439 of 6,678
What's the key difference between the 2 models if you don't mind sharing?
Overall they are quite similar. To me, 334SR is a bit brighter, highs are more prominent and vocal is bit more forward. 335DWSR has warmer sounding with bigger soundstage.

I usually listen to Japanese rock that is fast, lots of highs with complex passages.

Short time listening to them with 334SR is more energetic and interesting, but it became fatigue to my ears after longer period - which was why I chose 335DWSR also cause I love its textured and layered bass! 😉

If your music genre is not considering Japanese rock or similar tunes, then I think 334SR would be nice! Not to mention the price difference is quite substantial..

Jun 2, 2023 at 8:30 PM Post #6,440 of 6,678
Overall they are quite similar. To me, 334SR is a bit brighter, highs are more prominent and vocal is bit more forward. 335DWSR has warmer sounding with bigger soundstage.

I usually listen to Japanese rock that is fast, lots of highs with complex passages.

Short time listening to them with 334SR is more energetic and interesting, but it became fatigue to my ears after longer period - which was why I chose 335DWSR also cause I love its textured and layered bass! 😉

If your music genre is not considering Japanese rock or similar tunes, then I think 334SR would be nice! Not to mention the price difference is quite substantial..
I'm a low volume listener so I have no issues of fatigue with 334SR and prefer the vocal tuning. I listen to electronic, metal, anisongs both pop and rock primarily. Very happy with this purchase.

Jun 3, 2023 at 2:31 AM Post #6,441 of 6,678

Appreciate your feedback. I've only heard the non sr versions very briefly years back and always found the 335 a bit more to my liking mainly due to having a darker signature and a stronger bass presence but a slightly fuzzy imaging and lacking quite a bit in terms of clarity and rather poor separation when factoring the price compared to other iems. Would you say the SR version improve on any of those properties?

Jun 3, 2023 at 4:07 AM Post #6,442 of 6,678
Appreciate your feedback. I've only heard the non sr versions very briefly years back and always found the 335 a bit more to my liking mainly due to having a darker signature and a stronger bass presence but a slightly fuzzy imaging and lacking quite a bit in terms of clarity and rather poor separation when factoring the price compared to other iems. Would you say the SR version improve on any of those properties?
I assume you would have demoed it with the stock cable. The 335 needs a good silver cable to tighten up the sound. Once so, the rawness and realism of the 335 is pretty unbeatable.

The SR introduced more air and treble separation to the sound. It also sounds smoother. It’s like comparing studio productions vs raw live performances. :)

Jun 3, 2023 at 4:10 AM Post #6,443 of 6,678
Yep, I also dislike the non SR version. In fact I prefer the FitEar Air ver. 1 more.

However, after listening to the 335DW SR version, I love it!!

So yep, the SR offer various improvements such as the ones you mentioned like better clarity, instrument separation and a tad brighter than the non-SR version.

I am suggesting to give it a try first between the two, before deciding cause the MH334 SR is also quite nice! If I have extras I would get the 334 SR as well! 😉

Jun 3, 2023 at 4:12 AM Post #6,444 of 6,678
Yep, I also dislike the non SR version. In fact I prefer the FitEar Air ver. 1 more.

So yep, the SR offer various improvements such as the ones you mentioned like better clarity, instrument separation and a tad brighter than the non-SR version.

I am suggesting to give it a try first between the two, before deciding cause the MH334 SR is also quite nice! If I have extras I would get the 334 SR as well! 😉

Decided to get the 335SR rather than the 334SR as I find the 334 a bit too light for Anisongs. Paired my 335SR with a prototype silver cable from Wagnus and that’s the mainstay cable ever since. It opened up the sound and gave it more sparkle which I really liked.

Jun 3, 2023 at 4:18 AM Post #6,445 of 6,678
I assume you would have demoed it with the stock cable. The 335 needs a good silver cable to tighten up the sound. Once so, the rawness and realism of the 335 is pretty unbeatable.

The SR introduced more air and treble separation to the sound. It also sounds smoother. It’s like comparing studio productions vs raw live performances. :)
Totally agree!
Cable plays important role for the 335.
I just came back from auditioning various cables for my 335DW SR - Nobunaga, PW audio and Nightjar Mira. My fave is PW First TimeS but the price is amazingly high!! Lol 😝

Unfortunately, I couldn’t audition brise audio cable.

Frankly speaking the 007B Pentacon OFC cable for me pairs very well and offers amazing sound already 😉

Jun 3, 2023 at 4:22 AM Post #6,446 of 6,678
Totally agree!
Cable plays important role for the 335.
I just came back from auditioning various cables for my 335DW SR - Nobunaga, PW audio and Nightjar Mira. My fave is PW First TimeS but the price is amazingly high!! Lol 😝

Unfortunately, I couldn’t audition brise audio cable.

Frankly speaking the 007B Pentacon OFC cable for me pairs very well and offers amazing sound already 😉
wow the 007b pentacon costs as much as a mid range aftermarket cable. Is it worth it to purchase one? Or should I get an aftermarket cable

Jun 3, 2023 at 5:29 AM Post #6,447 of 6,678
wow the 007b pentacon costs as much as a mid range aftermarket cable. Is it worth it to purchase one? Or should I get an aftermarket cable
Personally, it’s worth it. Compare to the stock cable that comes with the 335DWSR, it opens up the sound, and give more body to the tonality.

After I tried few other aftermarket cables, I am glad that I purchased it, since other cables at similar price seems struggle to pair well with 335DWSR. Perhaps, cause the cable is made by FitEar so they know well the tuning to match their IEMs 😉

I compared it with various brands (nobunaga vision, pw audio, nightjar mira) except Brise audio and Wagnus cables as they are not available for me to audition, yet.

If your DAP or player has balanced out, 007B is a good step up cable IMHO 😉

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2023 at 11:54 AM Post #6,448 of 6,678

I might give that a go when I visit Japan later this year just to see how big of a difference it makes.

I do enjoy the 334 midrange quite a bit when I heard the tg version. But I am looking for a custom with a bassier sound signature and the original 335 dw does fit that description though at the expense of technicalities particularly imaging and separation which I value a lot. Good to know that the SR version kinda fix those aspect for you and I will be looking forward to hearing it out myself. Though I am slightly concern if the signature will change too much due to the having a bit brighter signature.

Also I was kinda surprised to find out that the 435 was discontinued. It was one of best ciem I've heard back then and was sure it will hold up even against today's offering. Not sure why it was discontinued when some classics like 333 are still around.

Jun 5, 2023 at 5:30 AM Post #6,450 of 6,678
I might give that a go when I visit Japan later this year just to see how big of a difference it makes.
I believe fitear refuses to take order of ciem for visitor without proof of residency. Last oct, I've emailed to ask one of the dealer in tokyo by email and received affirmative reply ( and reconfirmed verbally before doing the ear impression in person at their shop) trying to place an order for titan. I did go as far as placed the order and made the ear impression at the store but was asked by them again about 2 weeks later to produce proof of residency, after i returned to my home town. Eventually they cancelled the order and refunded to me (except for the ear impression).

A few others seem to have similar experience afaik.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back