The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
Jan 23, 2021 at 1:59 AM Post #5,551 of 6,678
Thanks Kiats.

For DX300, the size is really huge - feel like holding a Calyx M :)
UI is responsive. Tonally, out of the box, to my ear, is on the neutral side.
I am currently running thru the 3.5 output using high gain.
So far, I am liking the wide stage for live concert music, such as Jay Chow.
I am looking forward to try out the 4.4 output tonight :)

Ah... the Calyx M was a great sounding DAP but rubbish battery life. Oh well...

Glad to hear that the UI is responsive. Yes. iBasso tends to be a bit too neutral for me. The biggest fear I have, from my time with the DX100, is the buggy FW as well as the terrible battery life. I have steered clear of them since then.

Would love to see how far they have come.

Feb 14, 2021 at 11:57 PM Post #5,553 of 6,678
Which fitear series that used by stage performer and/or sound engineer the most? Mh334sr? Mh335DW-sr?

if I remember correctly it’s the MH334 non-sr.

Feb 15, 2021 at 10:27 PM Post #5,554 of 6,678
Which fitear series that used by stage performer and/or sound engineer the most? Mh334sr? Mh335DW-sr?

Believe it is the MH335DW non-SR. The strong sometimes overwhelming bass of the 335DW was partly designed to be used under live conditions to overcome the strong ambience bass in live venues. Of course there's no official say on that issue I think.

Feb 16, 2021 at 1:42 AM Post #5,555 of 6,678
Believe it is the MH335DW non-SR. The strong sometimes overwhelming bass of the 335DW was partly designed to be used under live conditions to overcome the strong ambience bass in live venues. Of course there's no official say on that issue I think.

As a drummer, I would agree that having quite a bit more bass helps the drummer and the bassist. Since at times, lower frequencies do get drowned out by lower ambient frequencies. That’s why I think one of the reasons why the legendary bassist Nathan East got 64 to tune his signature IEMs to be more of a bass canon . (Also keep in mind the brand doesn’t really have that type of house sound, it was completely new to them too. But their willingness to try new things was most likely why Nate collaborated with them.)

I still gotta hear the FitEar 335 (heck even the Titan or DC still can’t beat DD texture and rumble) and the 64 N8. One of them just might become my endgame stage monitor. For now my Monet17s are doing well.

Feb 16, 2021 at 2:04 AM Post #5,556 of 6,678
may someone highlight the pros and cons with est and tg335 please!

Feb 16, 2021 at 5:11 AM Post #5,557 of 6,678
Anyone tried FItEar ROOM?

Feb 16, 2021 at 5:43 AM Post #5,558 of 6,678
Anyone tried FItEar ROOM?

I have the room but not exactyl my ear mold. Got it from yahoo auctions as used and it did fit my ears very well so take this with a grain of salt. Bass goes deep, has adequate rumble but does not offer that great of a texture. Mids are slightly forward with thicker notes on them. Highs are smooth sounding. For me it lacks sparkle and air. It is also not that wide sounding, sounds intimate. Nevertheless it’s pleasing to listen to.

Feb 17, 2021 at 11:24 AM Post #5,560 of 6,678
As a drummer, I would agree that having quite a bit more bass helps the drummer and the bassist. Since at times, lower frequencies do get drowned out by lower ambient frequencies. That’s why I think one of the reasons why the legendary bassist Nathan East got 64 to tune his signature IEMs to be more of a bass canon . (Also keep in mind the brand doesn’t really have that type of house sound, it was completely new to them too. But their willingness to try new things was most likely why Nate collaborated with them.)

I still gotta hear the FitEar 335 (heck even the Titan or DC still can’t beat DD texture and rumble) and the 64 N8. One of them just might become my endgame stage monitor. For now my Monet17s are doing well.

I see , if ur a drummer / bassist you will need more bass.
How about sound engineer for mixing etc? I thought they will need a balance sounding iem's.

Feb 17, 2021 at 10:12 PM Post #5,561 of 6,678
I see , if ur a drummer / bassist you will need more bass.
How about sound engineer for mixing etc? I thought they will need a balance sounding iem's.

Not just for drummer / bassist - quite the opposite, everyone ELSE need that bass (i.e. a clean bassline and clear drum beats) in a live environment. I'm a keyboardist and I definitely need that too, so are vocals - bass is what's most easily get muffled / drowned out by the ambience noise, and tunings at live venues often involve heavy output from huge sub-woofers. Same phenomenon when you found your iem with nice bass becomes lacking in bass when taking the metro / on a noisy bus. If you use a monitor with a flat frequency response on the stage you'll most likely get (1) no bass at all from your ear monitor (2) a huge mess of bassy noise with drumbeats, bassline and the sub-woofer thumps all mashed up and leaking in coming from the outside.

I think same considerations apply to sound engineers working in live venues. For studio use - I think most still use traditional headphones. Otherwise either SR versions may be the choice since it is specially tuned by and for studio engineers.

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2021 at 8:30 AM Post #5,562 of 6,678
Most of the models that professionals use on stage are the 334 and 335DW

source: https://twitter.com/fitear/status/1240239928597856257?s=20
WX20210220-212257@2x.png

Feb 21, 2021 at 1:13 AM Post #5,563 of 6,678
Not just for drummer / bassist - quite the opposite, everyone ELSE need that bass (i.e. a clean bassline and clear drum beats) in a live environment. I'm a keyboardist and I definitely need that too, so are vocals - bass is what's most easily get muffled / drowned out by the ambience noise, and tunings at live venues often involve heavy output from huge sub-woofers. Same phenomenon when you found your iem with nice bass becomes lacking in bass when taking the metro / on a noisy bus. If you use a monitor with a flat frequency response on the stage you'll most likely get (1) no bass at all from your ear monitor (2) a huge mess of bassy noise with drumbeats, bassline and the sub-woofer thumps all mashed up and leaking in coming from the outside.

I think same considerations apply to sound engineers working in live venues. For studio use - I think most still use traditional headphones. Otherwise either SR versions may be the choice since it is specially tuned by and for studio engineers.

Most of the models that professionals use on stage are the 334 and 335DW

source: https://twitter.com/fitear/status/1240239928597856257?s=20
WX20210220-212257@2x.png

I see , when In live situation 355dw is good , because of its bass will cut through the audience and music gear noise. Thanks :D

Mar 5, 2021 at 10:41 AM Post #5,565 of 6,678

Users who are viewing this thread

Back