The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
Nov 13, 2018 at 2:37 AM Post #5,162 of 6,700
in France but productred told that i can buy from a reseller in another country do you know one ?

I have basically named all countries you may visit and find an authorised dealer in my pm. The names of the dealers you can actually find on the Fitear website. As I've told you, you gotta visit the dealers personally, that means you gotta travel. No luck with emails and online arrangements.

Dec 18, 2018 at 11:28 PM Post #5,164 of 6,700
Wondering how many people on head-fi actually owns the 335DW/335DWSR?

For all these years I have lived with my 335DW then 335DWSR, I have learnt to appreciate that the 335 siblings are meant to be blasted - especially the DW. It's not just about juice - you have to turn the volume up and slightly past your usual listening level with other iem for them to shine. The DW shows rather poor low level detailing - the SR improves a lot on that front, but both needs a certain loudness to reach their potentials. Once you attain the ideal volume setting the SR is as revealing as any newer flagships could be.

Dec 18, 2018 at 11:42 PM Post #5,165 of 6,700
Wondering how many people on head-fi actually owns the 335DW/335DWSR?

For all these years I have lived with my 335DW then 335DWSR, I have learnt to appreciate that the 335 siblings are meant to be blasted - especially the DW. It's not just about juice - you have to turn the volume up and slightly past your usual listening level with other iem for them to shine. The DW shows rather poor low level detailing - the SR improves a lot on that front, but both needs a certain loudness to reach their potentials. Once you attain the ideal volume setting the SR is as revealing as any newer flagships could be.

increasing the volume on anything will improve it. you're just hearing softer details a little louder.

Subtonic Audio Cutting-edge artisanal in-ear monitors for discerning listeners. Proudly designed and manufactured in Singapore. Stay updated on Subtonic Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Subtonic.Audio https://www.instagram.com/subtonicaudio https://subtonic.audio support@subtonic.audio
Dec 18, 2018 at 11:46 PM Post #5,166 of 6,700
increasing the volume on anything will improve it. you're just hearing softer details a little louder.

Actually no that can't be farther away from the truth. Every pair has a certain ideal volume level to attain its best performance (coupling with your own hearing). When you get past this level the performance (or at least your perception) including details level would nosedive.

Dec 18, 2018 at 11:47 PM Post #5,167 of 6,700
Actually no that can't be farther away from the truth. Every pair has a certain ideal volume level to attain its best performance (coupling with your own hearing). When you get past this level the performance (or at least your perception) including details level would nosedive.

Assuming you're right, worth it to have your hearing deteriorate in the long run? :)

Subtonic Audio Cutting-edge artisanal in-ear monitors for discerning listeners. Proudly designed and manufactured in Singapore. Stay updated on Subtonic Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Subtonic.Audio https://www.instagram.com/subtonicaudio https://subtonic.audio support@subtonic.audio
Dec 18, 2018 at 11:49 PM Post #5,168 of 6,700
Assuming you're right, worth it to have your hearing deteriorate in the long run? :)

The ideal level is not a hurting level or damaging level, that's a very funny comment you have made lol

Dec 18, 2018 at 11:50 PM Post #5,169 of 6,700
The ideal level is not a hurting level or damaging level, that's a very funny comment you have made lol

> you have to turn the volume up and slightly past your usual listening level with other iem for them to shine.

This will damage your hearing in the long run. More so when you're in louder environments. Just saying.

Dec 18, 2018 at 11:56 PM Post #5,170 of 6,700
> you have to turn the volume up and slightly past your usual listening level with other iem for them to shine.

This will damage your hearing in the long run. More so when you're in louder environments. Just saying.

Slightly past your usual listening level IS NOT EQUAL to any uncomfy level, very simple logic. Any high volume would damage your hearing. Prolonged hearing to any hifi (home or portable) system at even a not-so-high volume setting would still more likely than not cause your hearing to deteriorate faster than the usual folks, that's the hard truth of this hobby. If any talk of volume settings on any iems require these disclaimers to be made clear first then so be it and let's have those written into the forum rules ^________________^

Dec 18, 2018 at 11:59 PM Post #5,171 of 6,700
Slightly past your usual listening level IS NOT EQUAL to any uncomfy level, very simple logic. Any high volume would damage your hearing. Prolonged hearing to any hifi (home or portable) system at even a not-so-high volume setting would still more likely than not cause your hearing to deteriorate faster than the usual folks, that's the hard truth of this hobby. If any talk of volume settings on any iems require these disclaimers to be made clear first then so be it and let's have those written into the forum rules ^________________^

Cite me the papers regarding listening levels in correlation to volume.

Dec 24, 2018 at 6:17 AM Post #5,172 of 6,700
During my most recent trip to Japan, I got the opportunity to audition four of FitEar's IEMs. Here's an excerpt of my impressions from my e-earphone article on TheHeadphoneList.com:

FitEar EST

The FitEar EST was the first universal IEM to feature Sonion’s electrostatic drivers. Although they’ve now run rather rampant amongst manufacturers worldwide, I was interested to hear FitEar’s iteration of the new technology – especially given my experience with the Electro and Trinity. While the Electro adopts a more linear, reference profile, and Jomo’s Trinity endorses clarity, air and technical performance, the EST strikes a relatively healthy in-between. It’s a fun-sounding all-rounder very much in line with the Lime Ears Model X, Campfire Audio Andromeda and the 64Audio A18t.

It’s a jack-of-all-trades with balance between body and clarity; warmth and definition. On one hand, it deals every genre with equal musicality. It’s a forgiving monitor that – pardon the cliché – sounds good with everything. Its midrange in particular is highly linear and pristinely clear, even if it could’ve been more saturated. But, I get the feeling it doesn’t flex its electro-muscles very often. Now, that can be a good thing; it’s more effortless than the Trinity, for example. However, to those looking at it as a potentially eye-opening experience, you might be left nodding, “M-kay.” But, those simply eyeing a fun-sounding, clear, do-it-all that’s more a cheaper A18t than the Electro is, the EST is a very suitable candidate.

EE-27 copy.jpg

FitEar Titan

FitEar’s all-metal Titan is a dream for vocal clarity – female vocals especially. There’s an emphasis in the treble, which gives instruments a clear, clean-cut profile. This is particularly great with high-pitched balladeers, as well as woodwinds. Flutes in are filled with tension and force – realistically and confidently reproduced. However, a dip at 3kHz contradicts this somewhat, restraining instruments from unleashing their fullest strength. Belting balladeers may feel compressed at times. So despite high definition, the lead sits nicely – perhaps too nicely – with the rest of the ensemble.

Unfortunately, these characteristics don’t favour heavier instruments. Male vocals, trombones and cellos may lack body and gravitas. The chesty fundamental is less prominent than the transient, which leads to a presentation that’s not thin, but wispy in nature. The Titan’s DD punches with sufficient impact, imparting adequate warmth to bind the stage in a musical way. If the upper-mids were placed further forward, I think the Titan would sport better tonal balance. On the flip side, the stage may have been less clean and vast. Coherence is among the best I’ve heard from a hybrid config, resulting in high left-right separation and stage stability. Again, it’s a wonder for clarity, but with its fair share of quirks.

EE-28 copy.jpg

FitEar Air 2

The Air 2 sports a similar configuration as the Titan: One BA plus one DD in a hybrid config. And in sound, it’s essentially what the packet says: An open-sounding, airy, crisp monitor with emphases on the upper-treble and low-end decay. Instruments are articulate, quick-sounding and superbly clean. But, they assume a neutral tone, because of the dynamic driver’s radiant bass. The stage is similarly bonded by the bass, while the transients display great imaging.

As a result, you get both positional audio and a shared ground. The disadvantage here in coherence. Like the Titan, the Air 2 has a dipped lower-midrange. But, the crossover – spatially especially – is more obvious on the latter. The bass remains rooted to the centre, while the higher registers seem to display a greater sense of width. Shifting to the upper-mids, instruments again suffer from a lack of saturation. It could benefit immeasurably from vibrancy along 3-4kHz. But, if the priority was indeed definition, clarity and imaging precision, then this was most likely an intentional compromise.

EE-24 copy.jpg

FitEar MH335DW-SR

The MH335DW-SR is a revision of sorts of FitEar’s former 5-driver flagship. The SR postscript refers to the stainless steel tubes Suyama-san has installed to act as a waveguide. The MH335DW-SR carries what I’d consider to be the epitome of a Japanese sound: A warm, intimate, bass-driven presentation counteracted by an articulate upper-treble. Instruments on the SR are full-bodied and almost reverb-y as a result of lifts along the mid- and upper-bass. The lower-mids remain neutral though- instruments are still upper-midrange-dominant for a more vibrant, lively response.

The low-end lifts characteristically add warm, rich undertones that almost act as a shadow of the transient. It evokes the ambience of a coffee-club jazz performance, complete with reverbs, echoes and resonances bouncing off the brick walls. Additionally, despite peaks along 7 and 10kHz, an 8kHz dip grants instruments a light featheriness , rather than an ultra-crisp profile. Yet, transients strike with a very natural sense of speed, which completes those full-bodied, deeply-resonant instruments with an appropriate dose of clarity; neither overtly clean, nor compromised in detail. If you literally want to hear your music as if it were radiating from an intimate, smoky cafe, the MH335DW-SR deserves a solid shout.

EE-36 copy.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2018 at 10:40 AM Post #5,173 of 6,700
My Air2 has finally landed. :)

Thanks to Claire at JabenSG for seeing this through. Very pleased with the fullness of the sound signature.

Attachments

• E8FA9916-B318-4B9B-87DD-25430AEA5F6D.jpeg
    E8FA9916-B318-4B9B-87DD-25430AEA5F6D.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • A8D79640-F149-4A24-9042-27AC693CF087.jpeg
    A8D79640-F149-4A24-9042-27AC693CF087.jpeg
    946.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Dec 26, 2018 at 10:41 AM Post #5,174 of 6,700
C9516D88-C0BE-4EE2-B769-E5C54A1A6B2E.jpeg
F3117391-80EC-43FC-9361-E9CCC9D0BA03.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread