The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
Jan 28, 2016 at 4:31 PM Post #4,591 of 6,678
Ears will change with growing up or also losing/gaining lots of weight. After losing so many kilos, I also needed refits for my old monitors, they were not FitEar monitors but they were ciems. You might want to keep these facts in mind. I am not trying to say it will happen to you, but in my experience there is a good chance.

Jan 29, 2016 at 11:28 PM Post #4,592 of 6,678
Made my prints on the 26th of Jan, now the Long wait
frown.gif

hahaha where are u from? I made mine on 29 jan at Jaben Singapore

Jan 29, 2016 at 11:29 PM Post #4,593 of 6,678
  Ears will change with growing up or also losing/gaining lots of weight. After losing so many kilos, I also needed refits for my old monitors, they were not FitEar monitors but they were ciems. You might want to keep these facts in mind. I am not trying to say it will happen to you, but in my experience there is a good chance.

yea... hope fitear will do refit for me in the future 

Jan 30, 2016 at 4:42 AM Post #4,595 of 6,678
Just curious: does anyone have a 335 that ISN'T fully solid/hollow?
My 335s are not fully solid, it didn't completely bother me but I'm just curious if anyone else is in the same boat as me.

Jan 30, 2016 at 4:47 AM Post #4,596 of 6,678
Just curious: does anyone have a 335 that ISN'T fully solid/hollow?
My 335s are not fully solid, it didn't completely bother me but I'm just curious if anyone else is in the same boat as me.

Mine is not fully filled. Haven't notice it until one of my friend pointed it out :D .

Jan 30, 2016 at 9:50 AM Post #4,597 of 6,678
Am from singapore, made mine on the 26th. haha, i think we will be in the same batch. Hope there's not 3 month wait! you ordered the 335?

Yup I ordered the 335. I'm a little worried about my impressions, I twitched a little and experienced pain when doing the impressions. My friends told me that this was not normal and smiling/twitching will affect the ear impressions and fit. Hope it will be good. Anyone has good experience with refit?

Feb 10, 2016 at 6:36 AM Post #4,599 of 6,678
Yup I ordered the 335. I'm a little worried about my impressions, I twitched a little and experienced pain when doing the impressions. My friends told me that this was not normal and smiling/twitching will affect the ear impressions and fit. Hope it will be good. Anyone has good experience with refit?

It's completely normal. When I did my impression at FitEar Japan, they even told me to talk and move my jaw as much as possible. And my earphone fits perfectly.

Feb 11, 2016 at 7:29 AM Post #4,600 of 6,678

It's completely normal. When I did my impression at FitEar Japan, they even told me to talk and move my jaw as much as possible. And my earphone fits perfectly.

oh. sounds great then ! These are my first pair of CIEMs so I dont really know the procedure haha. Hope it fits perfectly on me. 

Now i just need to find some cables to go with these 

Feb 11, 2016 at 9:39 PM Post #4,601 of 6,678
  oh. sounds great then ! These are my first pair of CIEMs so I dont really know the procedure haha. Hope it fits perfectly on me. 

Now i just need to find some cables to go with these 

To get the best fit (and I think it's recommended by Fitear) one needs to open and close the jaw a few times according to instructions. A bit of smiling probably won't hurt.

From my experience Fitear earphones pair best with their own Fitear cables. Had tried a handful of other offerings but was never impressed with the outcome - especially the ALO SXC, while it pairs very well with virtually all my other earphones, it just doesn't work with the any of the Fitears. Had been using a 000 re-terminated with a Nakamura plug with my 335DWSR in balanced mode, and a 005 in single end mode.

Feb 14, 2016 at 10:05 PM Post #4,602 of 6,678
Yup, when I took my impressions at Jaben, they also told me to talk, smile and twitch. Just do whatever that you will do while you are using your CIEM. The final 335DW fits quite well for me as well.

For cable, I have used other cables such as Toxic Silver Widow, Whiplash TWAg v3, but eventually went back to the Fitear 001 that came with my 335DW, and then 006b due to the balanced setup for my AK320.

Feb 14, 2016 at 11:46 PM Post #4,603 of 6,678
Yup, when I took my impressions at Jaben, they also told me to talk, smile and twitch. Just do whatever that you will do while you are using your CIEM. The final 335DW fits quite well for me as well.

For cable, I have used other cables such as Toxic Silver Widow, Whiplash TWAg v3, but eventually went back to the Fitear 001 that came with my 335DW, and then 006b due to the balanced setup for my AK320.

Are there any reasons why you went back with stock cable? (Portability/sound(?))

Feb 15, 2016 at 12:55 AM Post #4,604 of 6,678
Before upgrade to SR, the Toxic Silver Widow sounds perfect with the 335DW. But after upgrade to SR, I felt that the mid becomes rollover with the Toxic cable. Then I try the Whiplash and got similar result. However, the Fitear cables magically fixed that issue and are also more portable than the Toxic and Whiplash. Hence now I live happily with the 335DWSR+006b.

Feb 15, 2016 at 7:39 AM Post #4,605 of 6,678
I tried tried party cable and still went back to get 000 cable... somehow i feel fitear cable suit their IEM CIEM better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back